FORUUM

Vacuum Music Foruum / Time to Introduce ourselves
You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » Time to Introduce ourselves Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3
DesRes
High Vacuumist

Hi, I'm Des and live in Glasgow in Scotland.  I heard of Vacuum through my interest in Alexander Bard, Army Of Lovers etc... I only got to hear Vacuum 3 or 4 years ago, once I got onto the internet.  I was completely shocked when I first heard Vacuum because it was so unlike Army Of Lovers, but I also fell under the spell of Vacuum, with Mattias soaring vocals and the quality of songs on all the albums.

I have to say that I now listen to Vacuum more than AOL or Alcazar and if Starting... and Ripples... are anything to go by, I cannot wait for the new Vacuum album, as I imagine it will amazing.  :ibreathe:

16-02-2004 06:26

SlowDreamer
Vacuumized
Hi, I'm new here ...

I found out about Vacuum through AoL sites , usual story I guess ... and till now I bought The Plutonium Cathedral and Seance At The Chaebol.  I  ordered them in a local CD shop and waited a whole month to get them !  And for AOL Massive Luxury Overdose I waited 2 months !!! The guy in CD shop asked me to promise him that I will come back and buy it , because he won't be able to sell them , he said : nobody is buying this
:bigeyes:   oh my my ...

But, he was kind of sweet , so I forgave him everything  :heart:

Can you tell me how to change this title Vacuumised into something else ???

That option is not active in my profile  :doubt:

03-03-2004 01:22
Andrea
High Vacuumist
Wellcome here SlowDreamer. What is your Location??
I´m asking, because you could buy the Vacuum-CD´s in a store!?
I got my CD´s from CDON and they told me, for "Seance at the Chaebol" I have to go surch in Russia, because ist was only released there. But a few days ago I got it from a rarity trader in Germany. WOW!!! I couldn´t believe. Now I´m very happy to have all three albums. And the new album will be released probably next month.
Unfortunatly I can´t tell you to chance the title, but you sure can tell me, how to get an avatar? I tried it with a photo of my ferret, but maybe the photo was to big.
:blush:

So have a nice time in this forum!  :smile:

:lovevac:  :lovevac:  :lovevac:

03-03-2004 05:23

Shadow

SlowDreamer wrote:

Hi, I'm new here ...
Can you tell me how to change this title Vacuumised into something else ???

Andrea wrote:

Unfortunatly I can´t tell you to chance the title, but you sure can tell me, how to get an avatar? I tried it with a photo of my ferret, but maybe the photo was to big.

Hi SlowDreamer and Andrea! Nice to see you here  :lovevac:
Since Nika (the site admin) is absent I take a bold to clear up your questions.
As to title in FORUUM, the title can be changed only by admin. It depends on your postings quantity and reflects seven levels of your personal activity on the FORUUM. So, when your activity will pass something about 10 posts your title will be changed to Vacuumist :-) The more is your activity in FORUUM, the higher title you get :-)
(Here are some people whose choice concerning their title is beyond any levels ;-) These are EV/OLUTIONERS from Kiev and some other foruumists.)

Now about avatar. As admin said the picture for avatar must be not bigger than 10 kb. If your picture is some larger you should make it smaller with help of any graphic soft (like AdobePhotoshop for example). Make your picture of about 100x100 (or 80x80) pixels with resolution 72 pixels/inch and your avatar will be accepted by server.

Sincerely yours,
MR

Last edited by Shadow (03-03-2004 15:14)

:whistle: I will talk and Hollywood will listen :tongue:  [RW]

03-03-2004 07:05

SlowDreamer
Vacuumized

Andrea wrote:

Wellcome here SlowDreamer. What is your Location??
I´m asking, because you could buy the Vacuum-CD´s in a store!?
I got my CD´s from CDON and they told me, for "Seance at the Chaebol" I have to go surch in Russia, because ist was only released there.

Hi Andrea ! :kiss:

Location :  Croatia - country with the most beautiful coast in the world ... and cute and complaisant CD salesmen    :joker:

seriusly ... the guy told me they don't have it , but he will order it for me ... and won't charge nothing extra , so it was about 25 Euro each CD !

03-03-2004 07:53
David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist
Hi people,

No, I'm not I dead, and neither is VacuumNet. It is still operational at www.yahoogroups.com and has 100+ members, but the problem is that no-one cares to post there anymore. Everyone is busy posting here, it seems!   :winky: Anyway, thanks for the kind words, people.  :blush:

I'm David Haglund (the Swedish one), the moderator of the VacuumNet mailing list. I've been an AoL fan since 1990, and later a Vacuum fan from the begining. I even had an AoL homepage called Army Headquarters in 1996-1999 (later expanded with a Vacuum section) and an unofficial AoL/Vacuum newsletter (with news updates from my site). Those were really fun days, with fierce but friendly competition going on with all the great webmasters of the day: Suzi, Jake, Jase Wells, Johan, Emre, and the others. Early on, I also made contact with Alexander and Mattias, and I got on especially well with Mattias, talking to him at gigs, on ICQ, e-mail, meeting him for coffee, etc.

Then Alexander "borrowed" all the addresses from my newsletter and started the official Vacuum mailing list, later renamed VacuumNet. And around 1999, Mattias asked me to take the reins of VacuumNet as some sort of Fan Relations Manager. I acted as some sort of way for the fans to communicate with Vacuum, and boy did I get some weird letters... which I passed on of course without giving out the Vacuum members' addresses to the senders.

At this time, before the troubles with Stockholm Records began, the Vacuum camp had big plans for a Vacuum homepage with merchandise like sweaters and coffee mugs, but it sort of all fell apart when no-one wanted to pay for it. In the meantime, great sites like www.vacuum.org.ua and www.vacuum-music.com started popping up, and the need for an official site diminished.

VacuumNet remained the source for official information, and a few "goodies", but as Vacuum was on hiatus, updates from me became scarce, and no-one else bothered to post. We did have some problems with really nasty arguments, so I was forced to kick some members. And after that nothing was really the same anymore, at least not for me. :sad: And not for the rest of the members either, it seemed. The optimism was gone.

Since then, I thought many times of reviving VacuumNet with at least a "question of the month" or a small website, but things have come up like a girlfriend, a full-time job, extra job as editor of a student paper, freelance writing, pets, etc. But if you all promise to post, I'll try to do better on the updates front.  :cool:

/David H

04-03-2004 08:01

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Hi david
fabulous to see you here... of course it would be fantastic to see vacuumnet given a second lease of life... i think everyone has matured and calmed down a lot since those firey days..lol :shoot:    It did get quite volatile at times... i always try and post on vaccumnet when there is a question or some news.... and you did a fantastic and dificult job keeping things running smooth for most of the time....  The more exposure for vacuum the better i say.. the more the merrier and with this stunning new singke and album which is even better we will have lots to discuss....

Glad your job and personal life and going great and it really is good to hear from you again..David x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

04-03-2004 08:55

Shadow
Hi David Haglund!

It’s great that you decided to join this forum! I’m really glad to see you here :-)
You know that I always had a big respect to your work as VacuumNet moderator. You do a great work for Vacuum and for people interested in Vacuum.
Nice to hear from you that the mailing-list is alive. I personally never considered it as dead one (just sometimes in anabiosis ;-) :sleep: but it’s spring now and all creations are ready to wake up :-))
As to your remark about members activity in VacuumNet, I don’t know why people keep silence. Maybe someone is too busy, someone is lazy or disappointed… I don’t really know anyone’s motives. My motive of silence is just that I didn’t have anything to say there and knew nothing especial to share with people (either I know nothing whether people are interested in my statements at all). Anyway, I remain a member of VacuumNet and impatiently waiting for true interesting discussion :-) I promise to post on VacuumNet as soon as I really will have to say something important.
Once more I express my joy to see you here and my respect to you and your work.

Sincerely yours,
Marianna

p.s. Now here are two Davids. We should find the way to distinguish one from another when we address to them :-) Who has any suggestions?

Last edited by Shadow (04-03-2004 20:34)

04-03-2004 12:22

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
lol  just call me Nuk....

david x

04-03-2004 13:54

Shadow
;-) OK! Actually I used to call you inside of my mind just exactly this way :-) Hope you like it :-)

04-03-2004 16:30

oLya
Extreme Vacuumist
Hey ppl! :lol:

Thought I'd introduce myself too... Althought with a lot of you I keep regular contact via email or MSN, there are new people showing up all the time. I won't say much, just that I am from Moscow and that I've been involved with Vacuum in many different aspects since 1997, Mattias being a wonderful and close friend of mine throughout all this time.

I also have to add that I absolutely LOVE this site, and I think Nika is doing a tremendous job here. I made some humble contributions to it as well, which you can find in Report/Picture Gallery sections of it... :newbaby:

See ya round :cool:

/Olya

04-03-2004 17:55

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
Perhaps, finally it's time for me to introduce myself.

My name is Anatoly. I’m from Saint Petersburg, Russia.

All of you can know me only owing to my posts on this Foruum.

I became a fan of Vacuum once I've listened "I Breathe" on radio on July '98 (but it is not my favourite song). I was only at one concert of Vacuum on 21.01.99. And it was full concert, more than an hour of V-music! That time I had no computer to connect with other fans. And when we finally bought it Vacuum was in something like hibernation. So there was no reason for me to contact any other fan. But now I'm completely in Foruum and one of the most active persons here ;)

I study at the Saint Petersburg State University of Low Temperature and Food Engineering. Last summer I obtained a Bachelor's degree and continue my study for Master’s one. I’m a technologist of beer and brewing.

I work in a projecting company. We make projects of food industry factories and sometimes projects for other branches of economy.

28-04-2004 15:11

Black Widow
Vacuumized
I am in the asshole now.  God!  Of all the planets in the world, of all the places on this planet - why am I stucked in this holyshh...?!

27-06-2004 12:50

Vacuum Music
Zvirushko

Black Widow wrote:

I am in the asshole now.  God!  Of all the planets in the world, of all the places on this planet - why am I stucked in this holyshh...?!

Anyway welcome, Black Widow. Lets thank your planets way for leading you here.  :flower:

27-06-2004 13:12
Website  
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Hi Black Widow... you are welcome  here and hope you have a good time with us... although I am not sure I understand your post.... ????   Care to elaborate??? :grouphug:

David x

PS  Its good to see so many new members involved with the forum.

27-06-2004 15:05

Pages:  1 2 3   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window