FORUUM

Vacuum Music Foruum / New single will be "Mind Your Mind"?!!
You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » New single will be "Mind Your Mind"?!! Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3
Out
Vacuumagesty
Ой, люди добрые, чо творится, чо творится!!!! Только, что я с сайта www.tophit.ru, который, как нам всем, надеюсь, известно, занимается раскруткой новых песен для продвижения их в радиоэфиры. Ну так вот, там только что поместили "Mind Your Mind". Значит ли это, что третьим синглом будет он? Почему они пропустили They Do It? Посчитали его недостаточно хорошим? А может еще все впереди? Блин. Щас озадачу и озабочу наших зарубежных друзей, а то как с темой Congratulations to BWO!!! получится, пусть тоже вовлекаются в дискуссии - ну, некрасиво как-то, ей богу ;-)

OH, MY GOD!!! What news I've got for you! I've just visited one russian site, promoting different singles and other new songs for radio stations to take these songs. So I found just placed Mind Your Mind(sample of course). Does it mean that third single will be exactly "Mind Your Mind"? Why did they lose "They Do It"? Did they consider it not good enough? Or maybe I'm hurry too much?

20-08-2004 17:09

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
My dear Valenok... th new single is "They Do it" it is released on Monday and can be ordered online from CDON.com..  This single is in my opinion the finest thing Vacuum have ever produced and just wait till you see the stunning video that accompanies it... as for "Mind your Mind".. although i LOVE this track i dont think any decision has yet been taken about the 3rd single from the album... lets concentrate on making this one the huge hit it so deserves to be..

david x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

20-08-2004 18:11

Out
Vacuumagesty
Yeah, maybe it's just a part of policy of company, promoting future album. Maybe they think that russian audience won't get They Do It as Fools Like Me. So, as they need to keep warm interest to Vacuum, they decided to promote Mind Your Mind, having considered it most commercial track among performed on the stage ones. I'd like to ask you another question as you're one of few persons who have already listened the album: when samples of album are already loaded to vacuum-people, can you say what is the second duo? I guess this is Love Earth Cry, there we can here nice female vocal. And who is that singer? As you see it wasn't necessary to make secret about K, russian audience never knew him. Beforehand I'm in love with Love Earth Cry, that female vocal and surf guitar sound make this song... mystic. In The Dirt is just perfect as well. I think you didn't lie to us telling that album will shake all of us. I can't wait but I know I will.

21-08-2004 15:18

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
WEll I never lie... but the opinions I posted on the songs were just my own views... I Knew the songs were so strong and the album so great that after you had all heard it you too would fall under its spell...  I also think Mind Your mind would make an excellent single as the commercial hook is so strong... its one of the songs  just cant get the melody out of my head and I know a lot of other people love this song also.....  Mind your mind is just so full of passion and maybe one of mattias's strongest vocals ever... just awesome and yes  Love Earth is the second duo with a female vocalist.....

David x

21-08-2004 17:50

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist

Valenok wrote:

So, as they need to keep warm interest to Vacuum, they decided to promote Mind Your Mind, having considered it most commercial track among performed on the stage ones.

I agree that it is a nice song, and my girlfriend keeps singing the chorus to herself (she's been indoctrinated you know...), buuuuut... I would rather see "The Void" as the next single. But that's just me opinion. Don't think "They Do It" was ever performed live in Russia (I could be wrong), but that could be out of respect for K since it is a duet.

Valenok wrote:

I guess this is Love Earth Cry, there we can here nice female vocal. And who is that singer?

It is a girl Mattias and Wollbeck has been working with for a while now, but her name eludes me. It's not Julie.

Valenok wrote:

As you see it wasn't necessary to make secret about K, russian audience never knew him.

Admit, you were curious for a while there, weren't you?  :happy:
Well, this secret may have been directed more towards the Swedish or British audience, where K may be better known. But I think that most of you may have heard Sarah Brightman doing a cover of his beautiful song "Captain Nemo".

/David H

22-08-2004 06:32

Алекс
Mr. Belarus
На мой взгляд, Топхит поступили правильно. Эта песня будет посильнеее They Do It, и несомненно, ее ждет успех

23-08-2004 01:51
E-mail | Website  
Out
Vacuumagesty
Everybody, who interests - sample is here: http://www.tophit.ru/prev/1356_prev.mp3

nukleopatra wrote:

WEll I never lie...

Never-never? You must be a saint? :-)

nukleopatra wrote:

I also think Mind Your mind would make an excellent single as the commercial hook is so strong... its one of the songs  just cant get the melody out of my head and I know a lot of other people love this song also..... 

Listening more full sample from that site I understand that Mind Your Mind is really suitable for this season, I mean piano string add autumn mood to this song. Fools Like Me on the other hand was ill-chosen to be released in the begining of summer, as audience needed more dance hits that time, needed to get fun. Sadness and melancholy wasn't right what they needed then. So we see what we've got...

nukleopatra wrote:

yes  Love Earth is the second duo with a female vocalist.....

Oh, come on, stop talking in riddles again. :-)

David Haglund wrote:

Don't think "They Do It" was ever performed live in Russia (I could be wrong), but that could be out of respect for K since it is a duet.

I don't think this song won't be ever performed in Russia just because of K, K's part in this song is not so irreplaceable by somebody else. So I think it will happen in the future. It's a bussiness, you see.

David Haglund wrote:

But I think that most of you may have heard Sarah Brightman doing a cover of his beautiful song "Captain Nemo".

To my shame I didn't hear this song, or I did but don't remember. Wasn't this song sung by Ace Of Base(album "Flowers")?

David Haglund wrote:

It is a girl Mattias and Wollbeck has been working with for a while now, but her name eludes me. It's not Julie.

Well, the only one conclusion I may do is that she's not popular swedish singer, at least in Russia. As for me I can compare her voice only with voice of Silje Nergaard, norwegian blues singer, she must be quiet popular in Scandinavia(but she's absolutely not in Russia), though she really deserves popularity. I may be wrong, will see. In lyrics on vacuum-people we can see surname Pilnдs, as co-author, maybe that's her surname. DOES ANYBODY KNOW SINGER WITH SURNAME - Pilnдs?

David H, what can you say about popularity of these two singles in Sweden? Did Fools and Queen become hits? Is They Do It is already on the radio? I even afraid of asking these questions of David x(about situation in Britain). I guess, answers won't comfort me.

23-08-2004 14:57

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Dear Valenok...

lies... well I always found honsty the best policy :rolleyes:

as for riddles....  I dont know the name of the Female who performes on the duet  on Love Earth,  David H has more information on her than me..... I only heard the song didnt ask mattias who she was...sorry....

Vacuum on the radio in England..... :angry:   I wish... But no Vacuum material has been released as yet in the UK so I guess They Do it will be the first eventually.... that isnt going to stop me though  as I will be writing to various radio stations requesting the song and when they say they havnt got a copy to play... WHAM.. I will have sent them one in the request... so hopefully when I get my delivery of cds we can get vacuum heard on the radio in the UK..

David x :lovevac:

23-08-2004 15:04

Алекс
Mr. Belarus
Да, несомненно, в "Мыслить как ты" есть оттенок осеннего настроения. Однако я щитаю, что вообще эта песня - об энергетическо-психологических вампирах. Я надеюсь, мой авторский перевод этой песни скоро появиться на сайте, не правда ли, Ника? :)

23-08-2004 15:06
E-mail | Website  
Satellite
that's me in the corner
алекс, да не переводится она как "мыслить как ты".... ну никак...
если уж о переводах, то "mind your mind" (исходя из контекста песни) скорее можно перевести как "контролировать твой разум" (...one will mind your mind), или, если уж слово "контролировать" кажется слишком вольным переводом, то попробуй перевести весь припев. интересно, что у тебя получится.

23-08-2004 15:42
Satellite
that's me in the corner

Valenok wrote:

To my shame I didn't hear this song, or I did but don't remember. Wasn't this song sung by Ace Of Base(album "Flowers")?

that is a totally different song with the same name. by the way, i love it!

and to me it came quite as a surprise that sarah brightman's "captain nemo" is a cover... by the way, the name of the album it comes from is "dive", too... a coincidence?...

23-08-2004 15:46
Satellite
that's me in the corner

nukleopatra wrote:

Vacuum on the radio in England.....  I wish... But no Vacuum material has been released as yet in the UK so I guess They Do it will be the first eventually.... that isnt going to stop me though  as I will be writing to various radio stations requesting the song and when they say they havnt got a copy to play... WHAM.. I will have sent them one in the request... so hopefully when I get my delivery of cds we can get vacuum heard on the radio in the UK..

ahhh.. that's why you ordered so much of them! your devotion is really impressive! :)

23-08-2004 15:48
Satellite
that's me in the corner

Valenok wrote:

I don't think this song won't be ever performed in Russia just because of K, K's part in this song is not so irreplaceable by somebody else. So I think it will happen in the future. It's a bussiness, you see.

I wonder, how would it sound with K's part sung by Wollbeck... ;-)

23-08-2004 15:57
Алекс
Mr. Belarus
To Satellite:
Понимаешь ли, какая штука. Есть такое понятие, как авторский перевод, т.е. тот перевод, который не является дословным, но сохраняет настроение и ритм оригинального произведения, при этом допускаются любые приемы, даже практически полное изменение оригинального текста.
Я прекрасно знаю, как переводится Mind Your Mind, на это моего знания языка хватает, и , могу добавить, что перевести можно это по разному, но "Контролировать твой разум", равно как и прочие переводы не укладывается (ну никак! :) ) в ритм песни. В моей окончательной редакции это будет - "Мыслить за тебя"

Они - те, кто нужен,
Кто пьет душу,
Кто убьет, любя.
Они - кто внутри,
И кто снаружи
Мыслят за тебя

Только ты
Скрываешь чудеса

Last edited by Алекс (24-08-2004 01:43)

24-08-2004 01:42
E-mail | Website  
Satellite
that's me in the corner
"мыслить за тебя" все же кажется мне намного ближе к оригиналу, чем "мыслить как ты".

оставлю без комментариев твой "авторский" перевод...

24-08-2004 06:33
Pages:  1 2 3   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window