FORUUM

Vacuum Music Foruum / Can Vacuum spread without distribution??!
You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » Can Vacuum spread without distribution??! Topic closed
Author
Message Pages: 1
Heinza
Vacuumist
Hi Folks! I am an Italian Vacuum fan since their first debut single I Breathe.
Now a new album has been released, and I was really looking forward to it!
But when I go to the music store to buy it, they simply don't have it!
Italy is been said to be one of the European countries in which Vacuum had success.
Really? So, why from 1996 only 2 albums (Plutonium Cathedral and Seance at the chaebol) and 2 singles (I Breathe MAXI version and Tonnes of attraction 2 tracks version) have been released in Italy??
I was awaiting Culture of Night in 2000, it wasn't released.
I was awaiting Culture of Night 2nd version in 2002.. it wasn't released.

Now, I could expect that not all the singles from the first 2 albums would be released in Italy, I could even expect that the 2 semi-albums Culture of Night would not be released, probably I could even expect that the new singls too would not be released (Starting, Fools like me, They do it)
.....but at least the new ALBUM!!
[And let's not talk about TV and radio diffusion (only I Breathe and its remix, and Tonnes of attraction just few time) or concerts (Vacuum appeared live in Italy only once in 1996 at the Festivalbar)!!]

How can we expect Vacuum to be a big hit also outside Scandinavia, Russia, Ucraina if they are not distributed??!!
It's a shame to see what a potential Vacuum had before and now in particular with this new album (from which of course I now only 2 songs from this site as I CAN'T own it!) and see that they are not make the most of this potential!
Were Stockholm Records and are Subspace just satisfied with Vacuum (a band with a huge potential!) being known just in these countries?
Vacuum could be an international hit-band, but they couldn't take advantage of this not even with I Breathe which was a hit across many countries..
We can easily understand why Alex first and Marina later left the band!!

I am somewhat upset..  :mad:

:lovevac:

-Italy-

13-10-2004 06:17

Mizery
Vacuumized

Heinza, don't be sad! I know that it is difficult. I'm upset too, cause THE ALBUM has not appeared here in Russia, too. However here in my own city Syktyvkar. I understand you. But....we can't do anything, can we? No, we can't. I'm afraid VACUUM is less popular in Italy than in Sweden, so we can see the result. You shouldn't be sad about it. "Sometimes soon things will change..." - remember? :guitar: It will be OK!!!
And....come in a chat on Sunday. May be it will help you to get much fun! And you can ask Mattias about it :)

Last edited by Mizery (13-10-2004 07:07)

13-10-2004 07:00

Алекс
Mr. Belarus
To Heinza:

Well. may be Vacuum-crew and their producers don't wants to make money? Simply. But they have a big potential, as you remark :)

13-10-2004 07:16
E-mail | Website  
Marina
Shining Vacuumist

I think, that it NOT our business, that there occurs and why.

13-10-2004 13:33

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist

Heinza wrote:

Were Stockholm Records and are Subspace just satisfied with Vacuum (a band with a huge potential!) being known just in these countries?
Vacuum could be an international hit-band, but they couldn't take advantage of this not even with I Breathe which was a hit across many countries..

That was probably one of the reasons why Vacuum finally left Stockholm Records, because the record company couldn't commit to promoting Vacuum on a large scale, or even letting them release the "Culture of Night" album. They were constantly told that their time would come, "but not right now, we have other artists to promote first". SR waited too long IMHO.

I don't know how exactly SSC/Playground works, but they probably have to negotiate deals with other companies to have the album released in say Russia, Germany or Italy. They are not owned by any of the multinational giant companies. Wasn't there a Russian deal in the workings now?

Heinza wrote:

We can easily understand why Alex first and Marina later left the band!!

I don't think the lack of international stardom was the reason for leaving the band. I think it was creative differences.

I hope you find the album! In the mean time, why don't you check out the samples on the official site www.vacuum-people.com?

/David H

14-10-2004 04:25

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Welcolm to the board Heinza..... hope you enjoy your time here and if you join us in chat on Sunday you can maybe put some of your questions to mattias yourself as he will be here with us.

Sorry you have trouble finding the album but I am sure in time it will be available in most countries so we can all do our part by asking for vacuum on request shows and radio shows... have you tried to order the album on line at cdon.com or skivhugget... they are very fast and reliable and also reasonably priced....

David x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

14-10-2004 05:14

Heinza
Vacuumist
Thank you for your help.  :happy:
Actually right yesterday I ordered the new album along with the 2 singles and culture of night 2002 from cdon.com  :claps
I am awaiting them! But in the meantime I prefer not to listen to the demo songs on the official site because it would spoil the emotion of listening to it for the first time!  :tongue:

By the way, talking about distribution, since you are much more expert than me  :blush: , what about Culture of night 2000? Was it released only in Russia? (all the images on the web have russian text on the covers)  :blink:
I really can't find a place where I can buy it online, only the 2002 edition seems to be available.
And some other places seem to offer the 2000 edition but only as unofficial russian version..  :wall:
I think the new songs appearing on the 2 Culture of night albums are some of the most beautiful songs Vacuum ever made.. I wish those songs had appeared on a new album along with some more new songs.. I found a great potential in those songs, I am sure they could be a wonderful piece. They just deserve more than being in a Culture of night album  :tongue:
What do you think?

Anyway, I hope I'll manage to be in chat on Sunday.. it would be great  :biggrin:

hugs

:lovevac:

-Italy-

14-10-2004 06:04

Pages: 1   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window