You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » VACUUM Fan Scan Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2
The God
Vacuumiracle
I think Brute has done a really good thing with his religious test. It was one more step towards each other. One more move to know each other better.

So I suggest one more move in this direction. A quick scan of all the foruumists who wish to take part in. A kind of spontaneous sociological survey in small society to know better our interests but Vacuum.

The idea is to answer several easy questions:

1. What album (what artist) you are listening right now (today, currently)

2. What book are you reading at the moment (author)?

3. What is the movie you have seen latest?

Plus maybe several words as comments to album, book, movie....

Let's share our interests and exchange our ideas!

Last edited by The God (20-04-2005 10:59)

If you’re looking for a justice - Cuff my hands

20-04-2005 10:41

The God
Vacuumiracle
Should I be the first one to answer theese questions?

SENTENCED, Finnish gothic-doom metal. Album is called FROZEN.
No comments yet, I've just listened to couple of songs for now. But sounds good enough to put "4".

"Das Jesus Video" by Andreas Eschbach
Amazing book, if I can judge it for first 170 pages read...

Seems it was "If only"
My recomendations. Sad but true.

20-04-2005 11:16

Marina
Shining Vacuumist

1.What album (what artist) you are listening right now (today, currently)
Igor Croutoi ".... Without words.... " part 1,2. Last time i like very much instrumental  music. And music of this composer has very well laid down on my mood. It very quiet and warm. And Sandra " Greatest hits " I periodically start to listen to it anew.

Gerald Durrell " The Overloaded Ark "," The Bafut Beagles ", Three singles to Adventure "," Two in the bush ". These are four parts of one book. I adore easy humour of this person.

Hmm... It's very hard questions. Shall tell so. Last remembered film it " Shall We Dance?" I can not tell, that it is a superfilm. But magnetism of game of actors kept in tension until the last minute.

20-04-2005 12:38

Brute
Gillespie
My God, such an interesting topic… :-)))
But I’m not sure will my answers be so interesting…
1. You won’t believe it, but I’m listening to “Your Whole Life Is Leading Up To This”. )))  This masterpiece is always inside my walkman,   so… I think that it’s diagnose… Anyway, any of my quantities doesn’t ask “What are you listening?”   Vacuum takes 90% of my “musical time”, other 10% is shared by Kamelot’s “Black Halo”, and Nightwish’s “Century Child” + “Once”. 
2. It’s my final year at school… What can I, actually, read? Well, I think that I’ll be something like that very soon.
3. Honestly, last video that I’ve watched is Something Evil I love by God… (Interesting, How can God love something Evil…;-) ) I’d like to say that was really cool! I liked it very much and I’m waiting for more mixes from “heaven”. God, I’d like to have a conversation with you (Am I crazy after such words?)  when it’s possible? BTW, I’ve a little “New Year” present for you… but I couldn’t find enough time to contact with you…

(C)Silent Hill

20-04-2005 13:13
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
1. What album I am currently listening to.

Well everyday I listen to vacuum but also the album I am most listening to at the moment is Avant que L'ombre.. the new album from the French Godess Mylene Farmer... and other albums I have ben listening to this week are Crazyshow By Alphaville and Heart on Snow by marc Almond

2.What book am I reading at the moment..
I'm a great autobiography fan... and my favourites are by obscure British eccentrics so  I am reading The Keneth Williams Diaries... a biography On margeret Rutherford and also by contrast a great Swedish cookbook called falling Cloudberries.....

3.The last film I saw....
it was Constantine and I have to say i thought it was complete Rubbish...lol

David x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

20-04-2005 13:18

Out
Vacuumagesty
1. What album am I listening to these days.
Hm... I listen to Avant que L'ombre too. Mylene Farmer as always made something special and very beautiful. Though this album is not as different from previous ones as I expected but I like it anyway. Now I try to understand it, to understand it's taste better. And few days ago I bought album of my favourite Garbage - Bleed Like Me. And it's amazing, very much drive there, I cant just sit and listen to it, some songs just blow me up from the inside.

2. What book am I reading now
Right now I don't have time for books. Last one that I read was psychological book of author Kozlov, I don't think that this author was published abroad but I would advise it to russian people. Some advises in books of this author can really push you to a new direction in your life, can show some things in your life another way. Recently I bought Wolves Of The Calla by Stephen King as I'm great fan of his talent and I plan to read it soon.

3. What film did I watch last
Actually I saw Aviator and I didn't find anything interesting in this film. There are a lot of famous actors and everything's very expensive but plotline is too pure. Now I'm going to watch The Ring 2.

Last edited by Valenok (20-04-2005 16:51)

20-04-2005 16:44

Cecilia
Sacred Vacuumist
Oh, nice topic! I like it  :smile:

Today I listened to The Hunchback of Notre-Dame sound track, I adore both the movie and the score, expecially the song "Hellfire" (sung by Frollo). Then I listened to Emma's Free Me (a nice, fresh pop album which reminds me of summer times  :cool: , to Vacuum's Plutonium Cathedral (quite obvious title), and to The Phantom of the Opera soundtrack (who were the girls who loved AL Webber?). This is the last CD that I bought and it's definitely worth many, many listening.

Sadly I'm reading Joyce's Ulysses because of an University lesson... It's a very hard book to read. Some passages are very poetic, but the main stuff drives you to headache.

I've just watched an episode of a BBC drama called Wives and Daughters, a romantic story settled in the XIX century  :wub: but the main character, Molly, has just been refused by the man she loves and that's very sad  :tearsineyes: *phooey, what a fluffy girl I am*

20-04-2005 16:52
Website  
Bagira
Dead Vacuumist
Mmmmmm... For the first time lately - Vacuum, Vacuum and Vacuum! LOL An unpredictable change of mind as the summer's coming closer...

Well, if talking about non-Vacuum music, that'll be:

1. Anything that would reflect my current mood. A lot of Roxette (especially songs like 'Almost Unreal', 'Anyone', 'I Don't Want To Get Gurt', 'Spending My Time', etc.), Bosson ('One Of A Kind', 'Beautiful'... I love Bosson!), Per Gessle (his 'Mazarin' album, of course! So many touchy songs there) and a few bright spots like Lara Fabian ('I Will Love Again'), Ace Of Base ('Unspeakable' - it sounds just the same good as it did, but carried in some new meaning), Andrew Lloyd Webber's operas...
A mixture that is! Everything that can be transferred onto my MP3 player. :)

2. I am a girl who reads non-stop, but right now I just feel like going out more. It's such a beautiful weather outdoors! :) Everybody out, out! Coooooome on! LOL ;)
But... Okay... That'll be some psychological stuff, just as Valenok wrote earlier. I love such kind of books.
...Maybe a Swedish-Russian dictionary? :) No, the latest new I have read lately, was Strindberg.
Otherwise I am trying to read some things once again in order to remember them.

Heya, by the way, Valenok, about Kozlov... He's sort'a fake to my mind! Ehm...

3. 'Bridget Jones'. No comments really.
And - oh, yes! - 'The 10-th Kingdom'. A great fairy-tale with some sort of psychological implication. I like the main theme line between Wolf and Virginia. A lot of romantic moments there!

Hey, God, thanks for the talk-and-choose-what-to-listen-read-watch topic! ;)

Because I'm through with love

20-04-2005 17:51
Website  
David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist
Since I'm very ooold, I'm listening to the debut album of a British band called Go West. They had one hit, "We Close Our Eyes", and that is the reason I bought this album. Otherwise, the music on this album is quite bland but tolerable. As for other music I've been listening to this week, on my desk is Andreas Vollenweider's Vox (beautiful New Age/Ethno harp music) and Prince's Black Album (cause it's all about the funk!). I also listen a lot to the radio.

I've been trying to read Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere for a month now, but I'm always too tired in the evenings and can't get through the first two chapters... I'm off on a trip next week, so I'll bring the book and see if I can get through it.

Constantine here too, actually... If they had only kept Constantine English as in the original, it could have been a better movie. But that was the latest movie I saw in a theatre. I've seen quite a few DVD's and TV movies since.

21-04-2005 04:41

Ksusha
Shining Vacuumist
Hmmm Every new day I try to listen different singers, but usually I listen Vacuum and sometimes Shiler feat Heppner and also I like Bosson
Resently I read book about Primorsky region. I love to read books about different countries and fantasy.
I saw film Under worl and Turkish gambit. I'd like Under world, besause its about  vampires, Turkish Gambit has some shortages.

21-04-2005 09:34

Lamia
Extreme Vacuumist
1. I guess I am a radio kind of person. I try to look for ‘Rock’ or ‘Metal’ radio stations, but true Metal is too heavy for me. If anyone can recommend a good online radio I would appreciate it.

2. I am reading ‘Endymion’ by John Keats. It is not very common for me to read poetry. I am going to read ‘Drinking Midnight Wine’ by Simon R. Green next. This is fantasy, which is more common for me. I heard very good reviews about it.

3. The last movie I’ve seen in a theater was ‘Sin City’. I liked it a lot, but I think it is very US-specific. Though Quentin Tarantino directed only one scene in this movie, the style reminded me ‘Kill Bill’. I was very pleased to see Mickey Rourke back, although he had so much makeup on, it was really difficult to recognize him. I rented ‘Black Hawk Down’ couple of days ago. It is about US involvement in Somalia in 1993.  :shoot: A very intense movie. Many famous actors who were probably less famous at that time (Orlando Bloom, for example).

21-04-2005 12:14

Honey_R
High Vacuumist
A. L. Webber. Just can't stop listening it! Though it depends on mood very much. I listen a lot of HIM. Some time ago I listened Vacuum only (for some weeks without any breakes) and now I just need some rest. :-)

The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons. Hmmm... I LOVE that! :-)

Sin Ńity. If You're going to watch this movie - DON'T!!! It's awful! Cool made, but the plot is... uffffffff!!! :paper:

21-04-2005 13:42

The God
Vacuumiracle
Honey_R!

If you like The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons, you will love Das Jesus Video as well.
The fabula is that archeologists find in Israel the grave aged about 2000 years old. And they find there a user's manual to Sony digital camcorder (which model is not released yet). So they suspect that in future someone goes to Jesus' period to shoot a film...
Amazing story, deep and intriguing same way as Brown's books. I did not finish reading it yet throug lack of time, but this book is really good one!
BTW, there was a movie of the same name, done in Germany in 2002. Have not seen movie yet.

P.S. feeling a bit awkward to call you honey, but I assume that most of people feel the same while calling me The God...;-))

22-04-2005 06:32

Annette
EV/OLUTIONER
Only Vacuum- forever & for always :lovevac: But sometimes I listen to "Savage Garden" - To the Moon & Back.

Honey_R wrote:

The Da Vinci Code

So do I! Very interesting book!
The day after tomorrow. Quite strong thing! When I see that it snows in Kiev now, I remind this film & feel some kind of horror... Brrrr!

22-04-2005 09:25
Website  
Honey_R
High Vacuumist
To The God: (feeling a bit strange saying that :-) )

Thank You for advise, I'll read this book! But the main thing that attracted me in The Da Vinci Code is that almost all events Brown wrote about seems to be truth. Frankly speaking I can hardly believe in trips in time... But it's so difficult to find a good book! I'll read that book for sure! :-)

Talking about my name - it's a short variant of Honeychaile. You can call me with my full name if You like it.

Greetings to Ev/olutioners! ;-)

Last edited by Honey_R (23-04-2005 05:37)

22-04-2005 14:38

Pages:  1 2   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window