You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » \V/oid Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3 4
Masha
Vacuumist in the Void
Thanks Annette !!!  Thanks Night !!!   :smile:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

P.S. I've just returned from a short trip and I see on vacuum-people  new words from Mattias arrived !!! 

Great !  :smile:

02-06-2005 08:31

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist
My vision of this video would probably have Mattias ending up naked!  :oooo: 
Something about shedding the masks we wear in public one after one; maybe Mattias with different clothes and hairstyles for different roles in life (business man, pupil, musician, waiter). The Void would then represent a leap of faith, shedding all prestense and being himself, a theme which I think is present in the album.

Maybe Mattias could be seen washing off the makeup and throwing away clothes from the old Vacuum, only to be filmed from behind, facing the sunrise and a new future. Would give the ladies something to look at too!  :joker:

02-06-2005 11:21

Bagira
Dead Vacuumist
Dave, THAT is a horrible nightmare! :) Listening to 'I Breathe' now. I don't want him to throw away all what's left of old Vacuum. What's left is him. BUT! The idea's good. LOL You have a wild imagination! :biggrin:

Because I'm through with love

02-06-2005 12:17
Website  
Honey_R
High Vacuumist
Great idea David! It seems to be beautiful the way I see it! Just great!

02-06-2005 16:23

Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

David Haglund wrote:

Maybe Mattias could be seen washing off the makeup and throwing away clothes from the old Vacuum, only to be filmed from behind, facing the sunrise and a new future.

???   :blink:

To me The Void is a song on new album that is by its ideology and spirit the closest one to the old Vacuum. I guess that’s why I like it so much.

So, I don’t see any throwing away of clothes of old Vacuum in it ... on contrary ...

After all , old Vacuum was about the Void ... its name originates from that ... Vacuum is The Void where we find the truth ... that was the philosophy of old Vacuum too ...
Old and New Vacuum have diferences , but they meet in The Void, actually.
That’s why I don’t see suitable such motiv in The Void video.

:void:

03-06-2005 01:37

The Terminator
Sacred Vacuumist
You're right Masha :cool:

03-06-2005 03:16

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist

Masha wrote:

After all , old Vacuum was about the Void ... its name originates from that ... Vacuum is The Void where we find the truth ... that was the philosophy of old Vacuum too ...
Old and New Vacuum have diferences , but they meet in The Void, actually.
That’s why I don’t see suitable such motiv in The Void video.

I realize that this may feel inappropriate. Actually, I wasn't suggesting that he throw away the old Vacuum, just the superficial things about old Vacuum. Mattias is still at the heart of the void/vacuum as I see it. (I'm not going to turn this into another old vs. new debate or Alexander vs. Mattias discussion.)
:silent:

Most of us have probably come to the conclusion that Mattias wasn't all that comfortable with the initial visual style of Vacuum: the clothes, the lipgloss etc. It was simply something he had to do because some stylist or the record company suggested it. A public mask of some sort.   :batman: 
The big challenge would then be to shed the mask, to risk everything -- to face the unknown and to be yourself with warts and all. That was my reasoning.

As for the motif you were suggesting, it is certainly interesting. I hadn't thought much along those lines before. Yes, there are some older songs involving journeys, missions and taking chances, but I mostly see aspirations, dreams, utopias (as in "I Breathe", "Icaros", "Parallel Universe", "Big Ideas, Grand Visions"). Those songs always deal with the fantastic sci-fi things we *know* are awating us at the other end of the tunnel (a bit like Plato and his world of ideas vs. our own boring world). For me, "The Void" is about the leap into the unknown, about having faith that everything will work out in the end but we don't know how yet.

Well, well, the only thing we can be sure of is that if and when this video is made, it will probably be something different entirely.
:void:

Last edited by David Haglund (03-06-2005 05:19)

03-06-2005 05:19

Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

The Terminator wrote:

You're right Masha :cool:

Thanks  :cool:

03-06-2005 06:33

Shadow

David Haglund wrote:

I realize that this may feel inappropriate. Actually, I wasn't suggesting that he throw away the old Vacuum, just the superficial things about old Vacuum. Mattias is still at the heart of the void/vacuum as I see it. (I'm not going to turn this into another old vs. new debate or Alexander vs. Mattias discussion.)
Most of us have probably come to the conclusion that Mattias wasn't all that comfortable with the initial visual style of Vacuum: the clothes, the lipgloss etc. It was simply something he had to do because some stylist or the record company suggested it. A public mask of some sort.   
The big challenge would then be to shed the mask, to risk everything – to face the unknown and to be yourself with warts and all. That was my reasoning.
Yes, there are some older songs involving journeys, missions and taking chances, but I mostly see aspirations, dreams, utopias (as in "I Breathe", "Icaros", "Parallel Universe", "Big Ideas, Grand Visions"). Those songs always deal with the fantastic sci-fi things we *know* are awating us at the other end of the tunnel (a bit like Plato and his world of ideas vs. our own boring world).

:app: You are right, David. Absolutely! I think the same concerning all your reasons stated here. 
I think your concept for the video is appropriate for that frame of mind declared on the album. It would be great if they made some video by your concept. I just would add some water maybe… Smth like cloudburst washing away masks every time as a mask must be shed… As an Aquarius concept…
But… I’m sorry… It’s just my humble opinion… I think your concept could be much more suitable for the video to the song Queen. From the first your lines when you discribed your concept I hear exactly Queen with your vision.

David Haglund wrote:

For me, "The Void" is about the leap into the unknown, about having faith that everything will work out in the end but we don't know how yet.
I’m not going to change anybody’s mind. And for me “The Void” means the same as you say. But at the same time something in Masha’s concept seems to me more suitable for The Void. In spite of our big discord in views at Vacuum now and many other things, I see her vision as close to me and good for the song.
From the first time as I’ve heard this song I see in my mind that picture, which I saw many-many times driving by Austrian or Italian autobahnns through the snowfalls… Especially impressive it is in the darkness. When dense veil of snowflakes is wirling fast to the windsreen of your car… When lights of oncoming cars make that wirling faster… For me The Void is not only about the leap to the unknown – it is about the road to there… It’s a road song… It calls for speed movement in the video. IMHO.

Please, don’t be angry at me for my humble opinion  :winky:

Yours,
Marianna

:whistle: I will talk and Hollywood will listen :tongue:  [RW]

03-06-2005 18:56

Brute
Gillespie
Thanks people!
I had a problem with that song: I couldn’t imagine concrete image connected with that composition. (Strange, but my imagination produces more or less clear pictures with all other songs, except this one) All what I saw during listening to “The Void” was some kind of fast motion in bright colors…
Does any body knows, will be video included to the CD, as FLM single? Where was video screened?  It’s almost one day left before release and news aren’t too much… Also I’m very interested to know about company which will be responsible for promotion “The Void” on CIS territory…
(If it’s going to be SOYUZ then East Europe won’t hear it “through the either to our speaker”… it’s the company which is doing nothing)

(C)Silent Hill

04-06-2005 14:10
The Terminator
Sacred Vacuumist

Shadow wrote:

From the first time as I’ve heard this song I see in my mind that picture, which I saw many-many times driving by Austrian or Italian autobahnns through the snowfalls… Especially impressive it is in the darkness. When dense veil of snowflakes is wirling fast to the windsreen of your car… When lights of oncoming cars make that wirling faster…

Driving  by autobahns...The same is in my imagination These are unforgettable feelings for me, the song reminds of it  :tank:

06-06-2005 01:28

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
I sort of agree with Brute that there is very little information available about this forthcoming release and very strange that cdon.com and Skivhugget both have no news of the single and it is not listed in forthoming releases.... so where is the single available to buy?? :bigeyes:

David x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

06-06-2005 05:08

Vacuum Music
Zvirushko

nukleopatra wrote:

I sort of agree with Brute that there is very little information available about this forthcoming release and very strange that cdon.com and Skivhugget both have no news of the single and it is not listed in forthoming releases.... so where is the single available to buy?? :bigeyes:
David x

David, here's a quote about the single release:

The new single from Vacuum "The void" will be released exclusively on the internet on 6th of June and contains a great remix by FilterFokker.

So, probably we should look for the new single somewhere in the Internet to download for payment? Check your iTunes? ...  :hmm:

06-06-2005 06:49
Website  
Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

Vacuum Music wrote:

So, probably we should look for the new single somewhere in the Internet to download for payment? Check your iTunes? ...  :hmm:

Only like that … These news are a disappointment , for me  :sad:  The Void deserves more! 
And we fans deserve more, too   :smile: 

Don’t they think so too ?!

And I want a single in my hands, so I could hope to get an autograph on it someday  :wink:

I know we are in an internet age … but still …  :closedeyes:

06-06-2005 12:30

Brute
Gillespie
Well, Internet release is something interesting…
But in general, I can see not only disadvantages in such case… I think that single and album are “a bit” different things (in selling aspect) and, for example, at CIS countries nobody buys them at all (only such fans as we do by visiting e-stores, ‘cos they’re out of the stores). And as far as I understand more then half of the radio stations are getting all their music for broadcasting from the Net. There is even a special musical-download site for CIS radios…
“Internet is a great THING” (Mattias Lindblom, Kiev, Chaika-5 festival)
2Masha, if you’d like to hold “The Void” in your hands I can give you an advice… may I?   
First, you’re paying money and downloading Void form the legal download-site.
Then you’re buying CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R…. or any other recordable disc, printing a sleeve, which is published at v-p.com…
And finally, you’re a holding “The Void” single!!!!
(  it’s a joke of the sick person which is growing in Pirates' country ;-)    )

Last edited by Brute (06-06-2005 23:19)

(C)Silent Hill

06-06-2005 23:17
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window