You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » New album and single Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Àëåêñ
Mr. Belarus
This is will be life after life...on heaven or in hell...

Last edited by Àëåêñ (01-02-2006 08:36)

01-02-2006 08:25
E-mail | Website  
Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

~Power~ wrote:

Lol=)))After life goes death.......Not so optimistic....

No no dear  :wink:  , look in the dictionary for "afterlife". It means life after death, postexistence, you know old Egyptians wrote lot about that ... :winky:

Well, what else after YWLILUTT  ... I'm sure Mattias will find something interesting to inform us how is it there ...  :winky:

01-02-2006 08:29

Àëåêñ
Mr. Belarus
Well,  the name of a new single and its sense quite could correspond such name of an album

01-02-2006 08:35
E-mail | Website  
~Power~
~the shining spirit~

Masha wrote:

~Power~ wrote:

Lol=)))After life goes death.......Not so optimistic....

No no dear  :wink:  , look in the dictionary for "afterlife". It means life after death, postexistence, you know old Egyptians wrote lot about that ... :winky:

Well, what else after YWLILUTT  ... I'm sure Mattias will find something interesting to inform us how is it there ...  :winky:

Maybe /afterlife/ means life after death, but if to write /after life/ it will mean death....Or life after death=)))))))))))))))Lol=)))))

01-02-2006 08:40
Website  
The God
Vacuumiracle
not funny

If you’re looking for a justice - Cuff my hands

01-02-2006 10:56

Cecilia
Sacred Vacuumist
I don't think YWLILUTT's songs are depressive - sure, they talk about a blue period, but they don't generate depression in me. They talk about a soul's struggle, and they induce reflection. That's my opinion.

I hope that in the new album we'll hear again something of the old voice ^^

01-02-2006 14:16
Website  
Morris
Ïîýò
Neither for me YWLILUTT is depressive. It's simply deep...
The song "Tears" is depressive... but it's one the best Vacuum song IMHO...
once Bard says that happyness is unproductive  :wink:

01-02-2006 15:33

Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

Cecilia wrote:

I don't think YWLILUTT's songs are depressive - sure, they talk about a blue period, but they don't generate depression in me. They talk about a soul's struggle, and they induce reflection. That's my opinion.

And my opinion is that not only they are depressive, they are mostly faithless too.

For example : “comes the kiss of death to the lips of all”

It’s such a  faithless verse  ... so much about death, death, death ....

Made me remember line from Bible, Proverbs 12:28

"In the way of righteousness is life; in its path there is no death."

So, I don't agree with you at all that YWLILUTT is even more religious then old V//, what you said in one of your earlier posts.

Even the title " Your Whole Life Is Leading Up To This" ( taken from "undertaking " Six Feet Under ) is even totaly opposite from religious.

And regarding Mattias’s non stop talking about being fair, kind, honest, good and loving ( look at that first page on vacuum people ! OMG  :rolleyes:   )  ... I think he should apply for Guinness record in the number of spoken word “heart” !  :biggrin:

There is an old folk saying : 

“ Who doesn’t have heart in his chest ?
The one who has it too much on his tongue. “

But I understand Mattias's fans - love is blind.  :wub:

Last edited by Masha (02-02-2006 06:34)

02-02-2006 06:27

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist

Masha wrote:

On other hand, not one Bard’s song is depressive, but “depression” time is a state in which masterpieces are born. And masterpieces are never depressive songs.

For example ABBA had lots of sad songs about love, but none of them is depressive. They are masterpieces  :winky:

I have nothing against Mattias writing sad songs about love, just not to be depressive ones ...

Sad/depressive is a matter of taste, I guess. I like sad songs a lot, but while I find strength in them maybe other find them depressive. Maybe it is a national/cultural trait. Swedish traditional folk music often has a melancholic streak. Classical music is often depressing too, try Mozart's Requiem. But oh so beautiful.

I don't agree that "depressive songs" can't be masterpieces. Depeche Mode built their entire career around bitter and melancholic songs, and I think most of their songs are indeed masterpieces. As for ABBA, I think the whole idea of Vacuum, both from the start and in the present time, is an ideal closer to the great synth bands rather than the glamrock of ABBA. Vacuum was created to be an opposite of the other Swedish band of the age (Ace of Base, E-Type, Cardigans).

But these are just me personal tastes of course.

Last edited by David Haglund (02-02-2006 06:45)

02-02-2006 06:45

Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

David Haglund wrote:

Sad/depressive is a matter of taste, I guess. I like sad songs a lot, but while I find strength in them maybe other find them depressive.

Many good songs are sad and I like them too and in such songs I feel strenght too.

It is very good that you mentioned this about strenght in sad songs. I think that is exactly something by which I differ sad but good song from depressive song. Songs which I name "depressive"  don't have strenght in them, they are just ... nothing ...

David Haglund wrote:

I don't agree that "depressive songs" can't be masterpieces. Depeche Mode built their entire career around bitter and melancholic songs, and I think most of their songs are indeed masterpieces.

Well, for me DM songs aren't depressive. They are very strong and I agree that many of them are masterpieces.

David, it's OK. It's about do you feel strenght in YWLILUTT songs or not. I don't . :smile:

Last edited by Masha (02-02-2006 08:03)

02-02-2006 07:46

Àëåêñ
Mr. Belarus
Vacuum NEVER was a positive band, at creativity of group always there was a gloomy philosophy and depression.

But I agree with Masha, YWLILUTT - the most depressive album of Vacuum.

But it religious too!

Last edited by Àëåêñ (02-02-2006 08:09)

02-02-2006 08:08
E-mail | Website  
Masha
Vacuumist in the Void
People, as we are so much talking about what is “depressive” for someone and what is not... I searched for the definition of this word

Depression :  Mental illness characterized by sadness, general apathy, a loss of self-esteem, feelings of guilt, and, at times, suicidal tendencies.

Can you find any of these symptoms in old V/ songs ?

loss of esteem  ?  “Like a Master I learned how to love ... “   No depression here  ...

feeling of guilt ?  “I take pride in how I’m leading my way ...”  Here neither ...

general apathy ? “I load lead inside my engine, ...raise a banner on the planets ...”   Not here ...

and now in YWLILUTT :

loss of esteem ?  “I’m not completely happy with myself”  Yeah ...

feeling of guilt ? “ I take back every stupid word I said, it wasn’t really me ...”  Yeah ...

general apathy ?  “And it's all absurd to me ... “   Yeah ...

:smile:

02-02-2006 08:47

Àëåêñ
Mr. Belarus
Yes it's right

02-02-2006 09:44
E-mail | Website  
Cecilia
Sacred Vacuumist
Masha, I'm pleased you remembered my old post.
My point of view is this: sometimes, when you feel depressed, it's a moment when you start considering your feelings toward God and religion. The "I'm down with God" line comes from a question: what's my relationship with God now, now that I'm feeling depressed?
Moments of pure joy are perfect to feel keen to thank God for your life, happiness etc. There are moments when you feel so happy and satisfied that you automatically find on your lips the words: "Oh God, thanks for this". Of course if you're a religious person.
There are also people who tends to forget the existence of God in good periods and remember of him only in sad times, either to pray him or to blame him.
In blue times, some people question themselves about God and who is God for them. Feeling abandoned by God is a common experience of a person and it's even canonozed in a piece of the Gospel, when Jesus says: "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?". Feeling abandoned by God or feeling detached from him doesn't mean that it will be so forever: sometimes is the starting point for a new level of understanding.
So I believe that the mood of YWLILUTT is more religious than that of PC or SatC. Faith is not always a straight path and sometimes also very religious people go through moments of depression or non-believing.
Plutonium Cathedral and Seance at the Chaebol talk about a self-confidend, strong-minded person. YWLILUTT is the frailty hidden in everyone of us, even the strong ones.

02-02-2006 13:38
Website  
Àëåêñ
Mr. Belarus
Cecilia is wisewoman! She's right too!

02-02-2006 13:51
E-mail | Website  
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window