FORUUM

Vacuum Music Foruum / Metal suggestions
You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Off topics and free communication » Metal suggestions Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3 4
Cecilia
Sacred Vacuumist
I discovered only recently, and by chance (a friend of mine talked about them in her blog), the wonderful Nightwish and then read on the net their story and quarrels with Tarja Turunen and her husband/manager.
I like metal but don't kwon much of it; I've a couple of albums by Yngwie von Malmesteen, Manowar, Rapsody and enough, I think.
Do you know is there are other bands with a formula like Nightwish's one, a semi-operatic female voice plus the metal sorrounding? Thanx.  :music:

11-03-2006 05:44
Website  
Annette
EV/OLUTIONER
Nightwish is really nice!!!! I guess Evanescence has something in common with new metal as Amy Lee (its solo-singer) has really strong and charming voice. Evanescence has no ethnic motives like Nightwish, however they have some pieces ofmelody from choir as Amy used to sing in church one. I'd advise you to listen "Before the Dawn" and "Field of innoncence" (they aren't very hard but voice is beautiful).

11-03-2006 10:04
Website  
Out
Vacuumagesty
I like whole Evanescence's album "Fallen" - it's amazing, full of heart, I guess.
Recently I discovered The Gathering but there's no much drive. It's calm and gothique. But I love them so much...

11-03-2006 14:44

Cecilia
Sacred Vacuumist
Yeah, I know well Evanescence! I discovered them well before the Nightwish and I'm waiting for a solo album by Amy Lee (the group was dismantled, didn't it?). She's got an amazing voice and I adore their song My Immortal, which became pretty famous, eheh  :whistle: .
Nightwish have also fantasy references that I especially like.

12-03-2006 04:47
Website  
Out
Vacuumagesty
Cecilia, band has not dismantle. In the end of this month new single from Evanescence's new album should be realesed. Album is going to be realesed very soon too.

12-03-2006 08:31

Cecilia
Sacred Vacuumist
Really? I did believe that Amy Lee had quarrelled with her partned and they split up. You give me a very good news, Out :flower:

13-03-2006 09:23
Website  
Out
Vacuumagesty
Ben Moody who wrote with her songs for Evanescence left band and makes solo album that's gonna be released this year too. All this time he wrote songs for different singers Anastacia, Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, Lindsay Lohan - nice songs IMHO. Evanescence got new guitar-player from the band Cold - he's amazing and I think songs for new album must be very beautiful!

Last edited by Out (14-03-2006 15:19)

13-03-2006 10:36

The God
Vacuumiracle

Annette wrote:

I'd advise you to listen "Before the Dawn" and "Field of innoncence" (they aren't very hard but voice is beautiful).

BTD is not very hard?... I am surprized a bit...;-)

If you’re looking for a justice - Cuff my hands

14-03-2006 04:23

The God
Vacuumiracle
Cecilia, are you looking for interesting metal bands with nice female vocal only? Or symphonic metal? What exactly is your quest?

Good metal with female vocal:
In Italy you have wonderful band Lacuna Coil.
German gothic metal band Xandria
Epica (seems that Norway)
Lullacry (Finland)
Malinconia (Ukraine)

Similar style metal bands with high melodic male vocals (ones I really recomend):
Stratovarius (Finland)
Darkmoor (do not know location)
Catharsis (Russia)

If you want some detailed info on these bands or recomendations regarding particular songs or albunms, welcome. And if you need some (several) sample songs, welcome.

Some other metal genres (e.g. with vocals close to Mattias' one) - welcome.

And once more a link to a video (not sure it is still working) for beautiful duet song "Leaving You For Me" by Martin Kesici & Tarja Turunen.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A2HPZAKN
If you need I have mp3 of good quality.

14-03-2006 04:53

The God
Vacuumiracle
Argh! I have forgotten one world-known metal band with strong female vocal....
Within Temptation. I am not their fan but their song (and video) 'Stand My Ground' has really broken me in little pieces...

And it's a sin not to mention about The Gathering - nice band with beautiful female vocal. Still personally I do not like them, but they are very good.

15-03-2006 03:41

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist
I don't have any specific tips on operatic female leads, but I do have some heavy metal reccomendations.

- Dio is a classic band with the mighty voice of Ronnie James Dio. Bombastic sounds with guitars and synthesizers, often fantasy-inspired lyrics. Check out songs such as Holy Diver and Last in Line.
- Pain is actually a Swedish death metal producer who also makes more accesssible heavy metal mixed with eurodance ( a bit like E-Type, but better). Good song: On and On.
- White Zombie is the band of Rob Zombie, and many of you might have heard his music in the Matrix movies. Close to Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails.

15-03-2006 04:05

Out
Vacuumagesty

The God wrote:

And it's a sin not to mention about The Gathering

It's not as I already did it ;) Recently I found them and love them MUCH. This year they release new album. Last one "Souvenirs" impressed me much! Very beautiful music and vocal!
By the way, Cecilia, if you like Evanescence you should like Megan McCauley. She's young singer who record her album with the same label that Evanescence did. You could hear her song "Wonder"  in Electra Soundtrack. She has quite a lot common in style with Evanescence. Here is her site. Very powerfull, catchy and beautiful music!

15-03-2006 13:26

Out
Vacuumagesty

David Haglund wrote:

- Pain is actually a Swedish death metal producer who also makes more accesssible heavy metal mixed with eurodance ( a bit like E-Type, but better). Good song: On and On.

:) David, I can't find anything common with eurodance in Pain, but it's my favourite band. Do you know that Pain made studio in former asylum?
David, did you listen Suburban Tribe? I think you should like them it's finnish rock band. Btw I really find something common in vocal with E-Type.

15-03-2006 13:32

Cecilia
Sacred Vacuumist
Thank you for all the suggestion! I'll begin to check out something from this list soon.

Yeah, I've read on newspapers some articles about Lacuna Coil, but it happens that I never listened to a song of them.
I'm not much for heavy contents - suicide, satanic and so on - but I like a metal sound when it's energetic and raises you up.

15-03-2006 16:18
Website  
Àëåêñ
Mr. Belarus
I've already "developed" the hobby of metal. Though in a training hall it still helps...

Last edited by Àëåêñ (16-03-2006 02:38)

16-03-2006 02:37
E-mail | Website  
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window