FORUUM

Vacuum Music Foruum / Metal suggestions
You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Off topics and free communication » Metal suggestions Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3 4
The God
Vacuumiracle

Cecilia wrote:

Thank you for all the suggestion! I'll begin to check out something from this list soon.

Yeah, I've read on newspapers some articles about Lacuna Coil, but it happens that I never listened to a song of them.
I'm not much for heavy contents - suicide, satanic and so on - but I like a metal sound when it's energetic and raises you up.

Cecilia, as for Lacuna Coil, I am defenitely not their fan still they have some good stuff. I would recommend you two songs for the begining: 'Falling Again' and 'Heaven Is A Lie'.

If you’re looking for a justice - Cuff my hands

16-03-2006 05:14

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist

Out wrote:

:) David, I can't find anything common with eurodance in Pain, but it's my favourite band.

Well, at least I have read in interviews that Pain himself said that this (eurodance/techno) is in the mix. And if you've heard E-Type doing heavy metal covers (like "Run to the Hills") you will see that the parallell isn't so unbelievable.

Out wrote:

Do you know that Pain made studio in former asylum?

Yes. I come from a place not so far from there. Säter is infamous for its asylum.

Out wrote:

David, did you listen Suburban Tribe? I think you should like them it's finnish rock band. Btw I really find something common in vocal with E-Type.

Haven't heard them, but I will check them out. Thanks for the tip.

BTW, E-Type once stepped on my foot when I visited Cheiron Studios. He is a human giant, something like 2 metres. And he has big feet.

Last edited by David Haglund (16-03-2006 08:59)

16-03-2006 08:58

Ak-86
Vacuumiracle

David Haglund wrote:

BTW, E-Type once stepped on my foot when I visited Cheiron Studios. He is a human giant, something like 2 metres. And he has big feet.

Wow . That's interesting .
Strange, but he doesn't look so tall on photos  :smile:

16-03-2006 11:54

Out
Vacuumagesty

Алекс wrote:

I've already "developed" the hobby of metal. Though in a training hall it still helps...

Hmm...It was always very hard for me to train with rock. I like someting in trance-style, something uplifting.

16-03-2006 12:54

Out
Vacuumagesty

David Haglund wrote:

Well, at least I have read in interviews that Pain himself said that this (eurodance/techno) is in the mix. And if you've heard E-Type doing heavy metal covers (like "Run to the Hills") you will see that the parallell isn't so unbelievable.

Unforunately I didn't hear but I like his metal experiments in first albums much "Free Like Flying Demon", "Forever Wild" and so on. It's written on his site that he's gonna release something new this year. I like last album but there's something absolutely new necessary.

David Haglund wrote:

:) I never knew it. Very interesting. He's just like me :) Who did you see else? Cheiron is legend and Max Martin is kind of God of pop-music of 90s. I like everything he do and now stuff for Kelly Clarkson and Backstreet Boys is very fresh. Sweden actually has SO MUCH good songwriters! When I see cover of any(rock or pop) album now I see swedish names anywhere!
P.S. I'd advice you to listen Suburban Tribe's album "Suburban Tribe" - you'll find there a lot of E-Type, Pain, Rasmus, Korn...very hot mixture!

Last edited by Out (16-03-2006 15:20)

16-03-2006 13:14

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist

Out wrote:

David Haglund wrote:

:) I never knew it. Very interesting. He's just like me :) Who did you see else? Cheiron is legend and Max Martin is kind of God of pop-music of 90s.

I just saw Jake (Jacob Shulze), when he was remixing Vacuum's "Icaros" single. I visited Mattias and Anders there many years ago. The studio was incredibly small! Claustrophobic. Located in a basement. On the ground floor they had a reception and a computer room for artists relaxing/waiting. I was playing computer games with Mattias and Anders when E-Type came in and was a bit annoyed that we were using "his" computer. When we left the room, it became a bit crowded and E-Type stepped on my foot.

I used to know the guy who ran E-Type's and Cheiron's official websites, but we lost touch over the years. His name was Gustav and we were members of the same student union. He thought this story was quite amusing.

16-03-2006 17:07

Алекс
Mr. Belarus

Out wrote:

Алекс wrote:

I've already "developed" the hobby of metal. Though in a training hall it still helps...

Hmm...It was always very hard for me to train with rock. I like someting in trance-style, something uplifting.

In my training hall sounds  metal or a trance in a  Prodigy-style

17-03-2006 05:42
E-mail | Website  
Out
Vacuumagesty
To David Haglund
Thank you, David, it was very interesting to listen this story :)

To Alex
So do you keep your promise to do the sport this year? ;)

17-03-2006 14:16

Алекс
Mr. Belarus

Out wrote:

To David Haglund
Thank you, David, it was very interesting to listen this story :)

To Alex
So do you keep your promise to do the sport this year? ;)

I promise!

17-03-2006 15:10
E-mail | Website  
Midnight_girl
Кавайные Ушки

Do you know is there are other bands with a formula like Nightwish

Try "Edenbridge".

Last edited by Midnight_girl (03-06-2006 13:47)

11-05-2006 13:19

Ak-86
Vacuumiracle
There is some rumors in finnish fan club of Nightwish that new front-woman can be Kari

http://kari.freeland.ru/

02-06-2006 15:26

Annelie
Super Vacuumist
I love Nightwish!
Within Temptation and Edenbridge are two other good bands

03-06-2006 06:56
Website  
Ak-86
Vacuumiracle
Still, type of vocal can be different, they don't search for same opera-like vocal that Tarja have, but I think music will be the same quality  :smile:

03-06-2006 14:41

Morris
Поэт
Does anyone know Sonata Arctica?  :smile:

27-07-2006 10:34

Annelie
Super Vacuumist
Yes, I love Sonata Arctica! I love their first CD, Ecliptica :)

28-07-2006 12:36
Website  
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window