FORUUM

Vacuum Music Foruum / Do you enjoy the name of the new album?
You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » Do you enjoy the name of the new album? Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2
Annette
EV/OLUTIONER
Sometimes I think it isn't so important, but it's a 'face' of the album... I think it could be more "Vacuumistic"

01-06-2004 12:29
Website  
Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
I personally like when album it's own name as it is in the case of The Plutonium Cathedral & Seance at the Chabol. And I'm not fond of Culture of Night as a album name.

But I like "Your Whole Life Is Leading Up To This" becoming the new album's name. This is a full sentense and it gives a lot of information of the album contents by itself.

:good:

01-06-2004 12:43

ÊÀÑß
High Vacuumist
As for me it's too self-confident and immodest. êàê áû ìû ïîòîì íå ðàçî÷àðîâàëèñü...

01-06-2004 16:21

Shadow

ÊÀÑß wrote:

As for me it's too self-confident and immodest. êàê áû ìû ïîòîì íå ðàçî÷àðîâàëèñü...
As for me… I think everyone is free to make something self-confident.
Robbie Williams sings:“I will talk and Hollywood will listen:winky:
Why not? It’s up to everyone who wants to be heard…
You say it’s self-confident…
I think a man of that sacramental age(33) and being self-realized in the business of his whole life (business he was born for) has grounds to be self-confident in some of his messages :-)

I personally have another reason to doubt in expediency of this title even in spite of it has for me deep and good sense.
My reason is that the title is too long for pronouncing. :rolleyes:
I imagine some difficulties in music stores when salesmen will try to understand what customers ask them about :winky:
IMHO, an album title would be better if it’s some shorter.
Anyway, we can’t change anything – Mattias and Anders have chosen just this sentence to be the album title.
And we have to practise pronouncing this sentence  :winky: fluently before rush to stores when the album will be out :-)

Last edited by Shadow (03-06-2004 08:53)

:whistle: I will talk and Hollywood will listen :tongue:  [RW]

01-06-2004 19:40

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov

Shadow wrote:

My reason is that the title is too long for pronouncing.

On the contrary, I suppose that long album name is normal thing. When people will go to shops most of them will ask not for "Your Whole Life Is Leading Up To This" but just for "new Vacuum album". As I remember most salesmen didn't know the name of Seance At The Chaebol. They knew only Vacuum.
But such a long name of the song will become a problem for radio stations. DJs won't make efforts to say the name properly, they will announce the song only as Vacuum.  :vlogo:

Shadow wrote:

Robbie Williams sings:“I will talk and Hollywood will listen” ;)

:whistle: He also sings "Me and my Shadow" ;) :winky:

02-06-2004 02:21

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov

ÊÀÑß wrote:

As for me it's too self-confident and immodest.

Dear Kasya, could you, please, explain your point of view?
The title sounds neither as
  • "MY whole life Is Leading Up To This"
nor as
  • "Your Whole Life Has Been Leading To Buying This Album - The Best Album Ever Written On The Earth".
Perhaps I'm blind :boring: but I cannot find anything self-confident or immodest in the current title.

Last edited by Aniv (02-06-2004 02:36)

02-06-2004 02:23

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Hi Everybody... I have been away in Scotland for a few days but I am back now and filled with vacuum, excitement... as always :lovevac:   Personally I think the album title is perfect... memorable and to the point.... and after hearing the tracks that I have ACURATE... :biggrin:   WE are excited and Mattias is excited... what a perfect combination..

David
x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

02-06-2004 06:44

ÊÀÑß
High Vacuumist
to Aniv:  Well, I try to explain you that phrase… :unsure:
It was just the first reaction on the title of the album, and I understood it’s meaning as  "Your Whole Life Has Been Leading To This Album”. It’s like the reward from Master for long years of the patience… something like this. I didn’t analyze and try to find any deep sense in it.  Just assotiations.

02-06-2004 15:14

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
I think the title may be quite personal to Mattias..... I mean this is his greatest work... blood sweat and tears poured into this product.. so i think This may be what Mattias's whole life so far has been leading up to....

David x

02-06-2004 15:41

Brute
Gillespie
I like this name, but it’s scary to me a bit… Will new album (next, after YWLILUTT) be recorded? Or “…Live…” is the last one ?
2nuk
glad to see you  !  :lovevac:

(C)Silent Hill

02-06-2004 19:11
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
I understand what Brute means....  If this is what we have been waiting our whole life for.... WHAT next???  Maybe this is the ultimate album from vacuum, maybe Vacuum will evolve into something else..? I guess it will all depend upon how successful we can make the album... It would be terrible for such a great work to be overlooked on a critical level...soul destroying even, but I know that mattias has made this album for us.. his fans but rally it would be good to reap some financial and critical success now and be acknowledged fr the HUGE talent that he is...

David x

03-06-2004 02:03

Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

nukleopatra wrote:

but I know that mattias has made this album for us.. his fans

Yes, I think I read somewhere he said he's doing all this beacuse of the fans ...
I always thought that artists are doing something because they have need to do it , kind of release something out , feeling like " I got a mission, magic to perform "...  and I thought  they don't think about others then , only about " the mission"   :smile:
and then, if it's good ... fans  gather around  ...

but rally it would be good to reap some financial and critical success now and be acknowledged fr the HUGE talent that he is...

I really hope and wish new songs will be great as you say , but shouldn't you let it come spontaneously... not so much force it in advance ... You are acting like Mattias needs some help to be heard ... ok, it's nice to try to promote it on radio stations or something like that ,if you can... but, if the songs are  good , they will  find their fans ... after all, album will be released, it will be heard ...

Last edited by Masha (03-06-2004 03:38)

03-06-2004 03:37

Annette
EV/OLUTIONER

Masha wrote:

... not so much force it in advance ... You are acting like Mattias needs some help to be heard ...

I don't  know what Mattias think but I know that we, Vacuum fans, want to hear our favourite music in the top-positions of the charts 'cause it is more better then other songs in radio with any doubt about it! Someone wants to listen to Britney Spears in the radio, for example, and we want to hear VACUUM  here!

Brute wrote:

Or “…Live…” is the last one?

I hope it isn't. Vacuum didn't die during this five years so i think now it won't die too because now they have am-m-m.. creating splash so they will do something else after YWLILUTT.

03-06-2004 11:33
Website  
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Hi Masha,

I am sure Mattias doesn't need any help with the talent but as muchg help as possible with the promotion... unfortuately good songs alone are not enough to ensure that your songs get heard.. you have to bang on lots of peoples doors very loudly before they open, and to lots of people Vacuum are an unheard  band, so something new...  We have to create interest and make people WANT to hear what we are talking about... THEN the music can do its job....

and I can't apologise for sounding so enthusiastic...sorry but I have alrady heard theses songs.. I KNOW how good they are, but if you ask people who are Vacuum they just don't know... THAT is why promotion is so important and I will do everything I can to help spread the word.... and I hope that when you too hear the new songs you will be as impressed as those of us that have heard them and spread the word also..

David x

03-06-2004 14:22

Shadow
You don’t need to apologize, David! You act as you consider the best way, as your heart and conscience prompt you. And it’s your right. Don’t listen to rebukes from anyone. I understand that Masha feels your rapture as an attempt to make her mind up in advance… But it is not so. You just share your feelings. And you are free the same as we all :-)
Don’t apologize and do what you see as the best :flower:

:whistle: I will talk and Hollywood will listen :tongue:  [RW]

03-06-2004 17:29

Pages:  1 2   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window