You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » Make Mattias Proud Topic closed
Author
Message Pages: 1
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Good evening to you all... well..its evening here in the Uk..

I just feel that I ant to write a few words here... fiirstly  I am very proud to be a member of this board and this forum and I have made some great friends through this board and you know who you are...

We are all united in our love for vacuum and some of us have now become friends and are also pursuing those friendships outside this forum..

Nika has worked so hard to make this site a special place for vacuum fans to visit.. even when she has been ill or sick and battling with her own problems she has devoted so much time and hard work to this site and forum ... and now it seems that all this bad feeling is threatening the very existance of this forum... we should all STOP now and unite behind a common banner :lovevac:

I was speaking to Mattias this evening and I know he is very unhappy about the wars and disagreements here.. he always thought this was a place of love and a happy place to visit and now in comunication with record companies he would have liked fro them to visit our forum to see how positive we all are about the new material  and united as   a Vacuum comunity.. how can he ask these people to visit now... we must turn things around on this board and make it the great place to visit that it used to be and not let it descend into a place of fighting and 2 seperate goups like so many forums that destroy themselves... If people have personal issues maybe they should discuss them in private and not post them here for everyone to see... we should make Mattias proud of us... NOT ashamed to come here and show a little more respect for all Nika's hard work...  Its time we were strong otherwise this forum will only be spoilt.. all the people who are thinking of leaving... why.... be strong in the face of differing opinion... dont take the bait and stand your ground.... Mattias would like to see us all here.... there is no need for people to leave.. just put your different opinions behind you now :grouphug:  Lets show Mattias how strong we are and stand united...

Mattias has been working on the artwork for the new album and it all sounds VERY exciting and now he is almost over his cold he will be able to finish his vocals.. so he is working hard to bring this new album to you...  be patient and be friends.

david x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

28-04-2004 18:11

al-wizard
Alco-Vacuumized
Hey David! :claps:

Thanks for a nice post, of cause we are all united in our love for vacuum and we should all STOP now any discussions and help Mattias.

Let's do it together! :grouphug:

28-04-2004 19:34
Shadow
:baloon:  :claps:  :smile:  :good:  :flower:  :paint: :guitar:  :kiss:  :grouphug:  :lovevac:

yours  :varag:  ;-)

:whistle: I will talk and Hollywood will listen :tongue:  [RW]

28-04-2004 20:38

ÊÀÑß
High Vacuumist
"to see how positive we all are about the new material  and united as   a Vacuum comunity.. "  -  it means to make Mattias proud of his CONSUMERS! oh! no! Sorry, but it's not for me!

29-04-2004 01:49

Satellite
that's me in the corner
Hi David!

I guess we all needed some kind of spiritual encouragement like that :) I really appreciate what you have written here.

I thought about what you said... that people should not leave.. And I think I shall stay... I only hope I have stated my reasons clear enough, because I don't want to be understood wrong.

And I think that it doesn't make much sense to "show Mattias how strong we are and stand united"... What is really important is to BE a solidary community, united by Vacuum, respecting one another, being a good support to Vacuum and bring music to the masses :)

Sincerely

Alex

29-04-2004 03:11
Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

nukleopatra wrote:

Nika has worked so hard to make this site a special place for vacuum fans to visit.. even when she has been ill or sick and battling with her own problems she has devoted so much time and hard work to this site and forum ... and now it seems that all this bad feeling is threatening the very existance of this forum...

Yes, this is a great site - I like VERY much the way it looks , content, design ... but, why do you feel so threatened because there are some critical views said here ?
Why do you see it as "bad feeling" ?
Because these people from record companies will have doubts about how profitable new album will be ?

I must admit I never thought about such things ... and I never had any bad intention in that way ...

I like the way Wollbeck said things in interview and I WILL listen to the new album with open mind !
:smile:

But, why do you keep forcing us here to think as one ... it's natural to have different views although we are all vacuum fans. Just let people talk ...

29-04-2004 03:24

Satellite
that's me in the corner

Masha wrote:

Yes, this is a great site - I like VERY much the way it looks , content, design ... but, why do you feel so threatened because there are some critical views said here ?
Why do you see it as "bad feeling" ?
Because these people from record companies will have doubts about how profitable new album will be ?

You touched an interesting point, Masha. I've always thought that musical content (and well, a good deal of promotion) is what indicates the profits of album mostly...

And yet again, being a peaceful community doesn't necessarily require sharing a single point of view. I guess, we should never forget about such things as freedom of speech and democracy (or do I sound old-fashioned? ;-))

29-04-2004 03:41
David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist

nukleopatra wrote:

I was speaking to Mattias this evening and I know he is very unhappy about the wars and disagreements here.. he always thought this was a place of love and a happy place to visit and now in comunication with record companies he would have liked fro them to visit our forum to see how positive we all are about the new material  and united as   a Vacuum comunity..

I had the very same conversation with Mattias the other day too. Contrary to belief, Mattias does care about your opinions. (And no, I'm not opening up that particular can of worms again, let's just leave that discussion there.)

nukleopatra wrote:

Its time we were strong otherwise this forum will only be spoilt.. all the people who are thinking of leaving... why.... be strong in the face of differing opinion... dont take the bait and stand your ground.... Mattias would like to see us all here.... there is no need for people to leave.. just put your different opinions behind you now :grouphug:  Lets show Mattias how strong we are and stand united...

In principle, I agree with you. I've seen too many flamewars to "take the bait" willingly. Once you let yourself be provoked, the ball of negativity starts rolling... It would be great if everyone could get along and agree on everything, but at the same time I don't think there is any need to leave differing opinions at the door. But I do believe in being civil to one another and giving criticism in a constructive way, something I feel discussions here may be lacking in sometimes. In short, don't treat anyone online in a way you wouldn't want to be treated yourself.

nukleopatra wrote:

and now he is almost over his cold he will be able to finish his vocals..

Yeah! The big secret duet is planned for Monday... Patience, patience... I'm absolutely *crazy*  :colpac: about that particular collaboration. But I can't give out any info yet.  :silent:

/David H

29-04-2004 04:07

Satellite
that's me in the corner
David H., can you at least tell us how much of the new material planned for the new album has been recorded yet? How many tracks will the album contain? And are there any plans about the date of release?

Thanks )

29-04-2004 04:27
Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov

Satellite wrote:

How many tracks will the album contain?

As I remember Mattias said in last chat that there would be thirteen tracks on the upcoming album. And all songs will be new.

29-04-2004 04:40

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Dear Masha.. of course I didn't mean that we should all be united under the SAME opinion, I just meant that we should keep our discusions or any disagreements respectful and friendly.. of course its healthy to all be different, but I remember the terrible time David Haglund had with in fighting and flame wars on Vacuum net..  by saying "make Mattias proud" I didn't mean that we should all be blind like sheep, but that we should all be a bit more adult in our behaviour.... I was trying to be positive and move things forward..as for the record company I guess they will always be more interested in profit and marketing as that is the business they are invloved in and it would be great if vacuum could now be marketed worldwide, and how great if by visiting this site and forum we had some positive influence on that :claps:

I'm getting very excited about the new album now as the momentum rolls onwards..especially after reading Anders Interview where he said that they were trying to make the best album ever....

David x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

29-04-2004 06:03

Illuminati
Extreme Vacuumist
I hope so =)

10-06-2004 08:03
Pages: 1   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window