FORUUM

Vacuum Music Foruum / Stories of meeting Mattias?
You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » Stories of meeting Mattias? Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Now that we all seem to be talking to each other I was wondering if any of you lovely people here have any interesting stories to tell about mattias.. if you met him personaly and what he had to say to you??  Was he like you expected.. did he have time for you.... did you get an autograph ect?

david x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

02-02-2004 18:54

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Thats a hard quesion Svetlana... Mattias always sems to have such good contact and feedback with his fans unlike a lot of musicians... in most cases I thin Its not good to meet your heroe's as in most cases thet do not live up to the image that we create in our own minds of how they will be or how we would lke them to be... but Mattias seems much more down to earth and in contact with his fans.... I would just offer him support and encouragement...and of course ask him his views on Aol, Vacuum with Alexander, vacuum without Alexander, Alcazar, and of course BWO and if that project caused a rift between him and Marina.. I guess as an artist he must feel much more freedom now that he only has himself to please... and I wonder how hard he finds it to discipline himself to write new songs and if he works better from feedback or his own opinion now there are no other firm band members....also of course if he will ever play any shows in Europe and if he is looking forward to touring with the new material or if he is worried about the fans reaction to the new songs...  just the same type of questions i guess that most of us feel..

david x

09-02-2004 09:14

Kati
High Vacuumist
All the time since this topic appeared I've been thinking what can I reply.... So I'll try to do it. I must say that I've never spoke to Mattias personnaly. But I've been to the perfomance at Golden Palace, Moscow. It was quite a private show (there were about 20-25 people) and it was great! I've visited some club concerts of bands I liked and became disillusioned by frontman of bands. I heard them spoken and thought "What the hell (pardon) are you tolking about?! Just shut up, it'll much better". So, Mattias is THE ONLY frontmen who hasn't disappointed me. He is very nice and clever. It'd  be very interesting just to speak to him. :)

11-02-2004 08:26

Mattina
Vacuumized

Let me tell you another story about meeting with Mattias. It was happen on a Chaika-5 festival. I looked up for Mattias before stage with a couple of fans and bodyguards. If you was there so you can remember that Mattie standed on a footsteps and waited for something for a long time. One of his bodyguards got down and moved along me. He was VERY angry. I stopped him and asked if Mattias gets down too. He answered something alike this:" @*#$@!!! (censored :)) This stupid man wants to sing again!" I told: "But now there is the Diskoteka Avaria on stage!" And he answered "Sure! Tell it to him!"  After this conversation Mattias waited for a few minutes, understood that it was the end of his performance and got down to fans.
He was little bit angry too. When I got him my bilet for a signature, he told: "Oh, how I can sign it" (he was right, it was difficult because of paper of bilet) and returned it to me. I saw with my own eyes that one of girls repeated with a tears in her voice: "Mattias, I love you, I so love you!" but he answered only "Aha, aha, sure..." and didn't even look on her.
It's silly but truely story, believe me! (And please forgive me for a style of this message. I'd better tell you it on russian language:)

15-02-2004 11:57
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Sorry you had a bad experience mattina... but we all have bad and off days... we don't know how much stress and pressure mattias was under and it must behard sometimes to always have people calling your name and asking for something.. maybe it was abda day for mattias to but I have to say any dealings I have heard from other fans all say that mattias has been very curtious and very friendly, taking time to chat to his friends and fans.... Maybe next time you will be lucky....   Your English is very good by the way so it would be nice for you to post in English.. maybe mmake 2 posts..one in English and one in Russian... :lovevac:

Davidx

15-02-2004 12:20

Mattina
Vacuumized

To Nukleopatra
Thank you for you words about my English :blush:
I forget to say: I had one GREAT impression: I held on Mattias' hand for a few secundes!!!  :biggrin:

15-02-2004 13:19
Illuminati
Extreme Vacuumist
Wow! Mattina, you are lucky! ;))))  And your nickname is very original=)

As about me, I've  never had an opportunity to speak with Mattias or even hear his alive voice... Vacuum had never come to our nice city :(

14-06-2004 05:34
Annette
EV/OLUTIONER
2Illuminati: I live in Kiev but I've never seen Mattias too. I think in this part of my life I'm very unlucky 'cos I've missed all concerts and even charts with Mattias.
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Last edited by Annette (14-06-2004 07:12)

14-06-2004 07:12
Website  
Illuminati
Extreme Vacuumist
The same, Annette. It's the only way to believe everything will happen in future...

14-06-2004 07:13
Bagira
Dead Vacuumist
No stories actually, it's a thing hard to forget. I cannot say a single word. Why tell everyone any stories about that? That'll be exclusively your opinion, no one will understand you, the way you feel. Better not talk about it at all. But I wish everybody all the best and meet him, if that's your sacred dream.
2 Mattina: hm, well, a clever guy, who could doubt. :) Why, was it the thing that shocked you? Nobody can blame Mattias in being rude of impolite, seriously. Won't ever open this topic again. :)

Because I'm through with love

14-06-2004 10:36
Website  
David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist
I guess I'm one of the few lucky ones who has actually met the members of Vacuum a few times. It is indeed a bit weird to have "access" to your idols, or people that are the idols of a lot of other people. Take for instance my girlfriend's uncle Ia, who is the lead singer of a heavy metal band called Freak Kitchen (www.freakkitchen.com) and voted 7th best guitar player in the world(!). I knew him personally before I even knew he was famous, and it is indeed a bit strange to go to concerts and see his fans go nuts just seeing him, and it is strange to talk to him casually and joke around and to know that others would kill to be in my shoes. I guess it is the same thing with Mattias :shoot:

The first time I met Mattias was 1996 or 97. I had my Vacuum homepage and he had contacted me through email and put me on the guest list when they played in my hometown Uppsala. Me and another fan, Angelica, met the band backstage, and they were all friendly and cool, but Mattias was the one I talked to the most. Since then, I've met Vacuum a concert at Kulturhuset in Stockholm, where they had a space exhibit. Mattias took time to talk to both me and fellow fan Csaba, and so did Alexander. And a few months later, me, Angelica and Csaba went to a small club night arranged by Mattias where we also met Wollbeck -- and that was probably when Mattias offered me to take over the mailing list VacuumNet. I've also had the opportunity to be present at the mixing of the Icaros single and at the filming of the Icaros video! And I even visited Wollbeck's home studio once!

Since then, I've met Mattias quite a few times. Today, he is more than an idol to me. He seems to tolerate me enough to have coffee and chat with me every once in a while. :happy:
He is a very funny and witty person, very honest and outspoken. But not always the most well-organized person in the world...  :rolleyes:

/David H

14-06-2004 13:11

oLya
Extreme Vacuumist
I think it's a bit weird to describe my experiences of meeting Mattias, but I just wanna agree with David and say that he is a very kind, funny (extremely funny!), thoughtful, caring and interesting person. I always feel very comfortable and at home with him. He is definitely not one of those musicians who'd better keep their mouths shut. And as far as being not too well-organized is concerned... eeehrrm... I'm like that as well, so it doesn't sounds like a problem to me at all :whistle: .oO(Davidy, I just hope I show up on time when we meet for coffee in Sthlm!!! *s*)

:lol:

oLya

14-06-2004 15:23

Brute
Gillespie
2Nuk
You’ve started two topics about “dreams” and “meeting”… For most part of us it means the same.

I never had a chance to speak with Mattias… And I saw him only once on Chaika.  But. The main idea of speaking – exchanging of feelings, emotions, energy… e t c. I think when we have sent to him our present (thank you oLya again), and when we received present from him we had this exchange, the exchange of ultra positive emotions. Of course meeting him is very important and exciting event, but if you really respect him,  appreciate all what he has done,  just look at the moon, or stars, try to imaging him and sent as many positive, good feelings, emotions, as you can.

Last edited by Brute (14-06-2004 17:23)

(C)Silent Hill

14-06-2004 17:23
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Although not as lucky as david H and Olya :suk:   I havn't actually met Mattias in person  ( yet) lol  but I have to say that everytime I speak with him he is the nicest, friendliest person you could wish to meet.. always has time to answer my questions and talk with me and hopefully this year I will get to meet him in person.... as I hope to met others from this forum.

Slightly off topic but I undertsand what David H was saying about meeting yourt idols... its a strange experience as it has happened to me on several occasions... but as not Vacuum related I wont go into them in this topic..

David x

15-06-2004 09:43

Pages:  1 2   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window