FORUUM

Vacuum Music Foruum / Just heard the new Void remix
You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » Just heard the new Void remix Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2
David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist
Great news! The new Vacuum single will be "The Void" (a song long overdue for a single release, in my opinion). I'm hoping that this will be a summer hit with the right promotion, because musically I think it is one of their finest songs which embodies the Wollbeck/Lindblom sound (with an added tint of the old Erasure).
  :void:   

And guess what? Today I listened to the remix, by producers DoubleN!  :heaven: 
It starts out with the musicbox intro and an added rhythmic sound. Then some heavy base is added as Mattias sings the chorus. And then the song really takes off with drums, bass, synths, effects and vocals, all in a slightly higher tempo than the original! The song has some silent parts here and there before the chorus, with just a metronome ticking before the song kicks in again in full force. The version I have heard is not mastered yet, but I think it brings Mattias' voice more to the forefront and adds more echoes. The bass is also quite heavy compared to the original.
  :dance:  :rab: 

A really good remix, I think. And the best thing about it? This remix is not terribly different from the original. It's no dub version. The core of the song is still very much there, but it's wrapped in a slightly different package with ribbons around it! 

Go to www.vacuum-people.com to see the cover. No release date yet though.

Last edited by David Haglund (04-05-2005 11:48)

04-05-2005 11:46

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
I completely agree david... I heard it also today and the thing I like most about it is the fact that it doesnt differ too much from the original..
Most of the songs I loved in the 80's and early 90's were taken by remixers with out of control ego's who remixed the songs out of recognition, so it was almost like buying a different track :oooo:

This remix has enhanced rather than detracted frm the original song and its great for European radio play and would sound great in a club expecially with the 80's vibe very prevelent at the moment... I also agree it sounds a little like Vacuum collide with touches of Erasure and Depeche mode ( early).. My only complaint is that I wish they had stretched it out and extended it a little longer...... so we should all go out and buy it and make it a HUGE summer hit and then maybe there will be more remixes..... I'm sure some great club mixes could be made of this track..

So come on guys.... step into............. :void:

love David x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

04-05-2005 19:51

Marina
Shining Vacuumist

Cool!!! I like it very much! In a remix this song is like to me even more, than earlier. I think, that it is a good choice for a single. The youth will estimate and will love  this song.
And where to load all song?

05-05-2005 01:04

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
At the moment the single isn't finished. but I'm sure it will be released soon, so I guess patience is the best thing although I understand how everybody will want to hear this mix....  Lets get vacuum in the charts where they belong..

David x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

05-05-2005 03:25

Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

David Haglund wrote:

Great news! The new Vacuum single will be "The Void" (a song long overdue for a single release, in my opinion).

Exactly David !

The Void should have been released as a single long ago , even at the beginning, in my opinion ...
It’s a strong decisive energetic song that looks only ahead ... ideal one for making first breakthroughs, something like I breathe was in old Vacuum...

David Haglund wrote:

I'm hoping that this will be a summer hit with the right promotion, because musically I think it is one of their finest songs which embodies the Wollbeck/Lindblom sound (with an added tint of the old Erasure).

Yes, one of their finest too ... absolutely agree and hoping for the same because it surely deserves to be a great hit ! To me it feels like that song was born to be a great hit !!!  :smile:

I was born king and hero ...   :king:

Last edited by Masha (05-05-2005 05:22)

05-05-2005 05:00

oLya
Extreme Vacuumist
I really liked the remix too, guys! :lol: Better than the original version. Same style as this last Depeche Mode remixes album. Really cool version. Can't wait to lay my hands on the new single.

05-05-2005 12:31

Satellite
that's me in the corner
Do you guys know is there going to be a single mix or they will use the album version?

06-05-2005 10:44
David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist

Satellite wrote:

Do you guys know is there going to be a single mix or they will use the album version?

The album version will be on there too, as it appears now. But those things may change before release. You never know.

06-05-2005 11:28

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist
I just noticed that the remix is played automatically when you enter the site http://www.vacuum-people.com! See what you think!

08-05-2005 17:17

Annette
EV/OLUTIONER
Remix is cool!!! :void:
Maybe even better than original version!
I wonder if Mattias will make a video? Maybe in Greece?

09-05-2005 13:42
Website  
Cecilia
Sacred Vacuumist
I have listened to a bit of it from vacuum-people! It sounds nice, quite a dance remix (I'm sorry if I don't use the proper "musical" word).
It's also one of the songs with the best "positive" lyrics, in my opinion 
:void:

09-05-2005 14:15
Website  
The Terminator
Sacred Vacuumist
The Void is a synthetico-mechanical song. It is not so good to be a single. But the lyrics, certainly, is quite good

11-05-2005 02:00

wonder
Vacuumighty
It will be great single!!!! IMHO Good choice!!!

16-05-2005 10:10
Satellite
that's me in the corner
Hey! I've found some remix of The Void, labeled as "filterfokker remix", 4:15 long. Sounds really cool!
Could it be the DoubleN remix, just labeled incorrectly?

23-07-2005 03:46
Pages:  1 2   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window