You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » Who are we ? Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2
Brute
Gillespie
Hi V//PPL!

I‘ve been thinking about popularity some of the bands… Most of them  :paper:  are cheap one day projects, only for narrow audience (separation factor is age, for example). But other, great projects are interesting for different kind of people…  :grouphug:
I’ve a suggestion: fans, let’s tell about “who are we?”  (interests, profession, other musical tastes… etc) and “what Vacuum means for us?”.

(C)Silent Hill

29-04-2004 23:50
Kati
High Vacuumist
Hey! It seem to be a good idea, Brute. Since I haven't introduced myself in the "time to introduce ourselves" I can do it right now and right here.
:blush: So, I'm getting Master degree in Cemistry and already graduating this summer. Going to get PhD then.
Besides VACUUM, I listen very different music. I like Travis, Silverchair's ballads, some things of Depeche Mode, HIM and many other bands.
I like to watch movies, aspecially English comedies. I wish I could watch some Japanese movies wich were strongly recomended to me by my friends from Europe, but I can't find them here, in Moscow.   :huh?:  :rolleyes: Sooo, what else should I tell?  :crazyfun:

30-04-2004 03:48

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
I have already said some words in the topic "Time to introduce ourselves"

About the music I listen...
Well, I listen to very different music, pop and rock, mainly non-Russian.

For last year I most of all listen to Finnish power and gothic metal bands “For My Pain…”, “Sethian” and “Nightwish” and to Argentinean band “Beto Vazquez Infinity”.

30-04-2004 05:02

Àëåêñ
Mr. Belarus
I am an economist. Of course as A.Bard :)

My Favorite music is in other topic :)

30-04-2004 09:36
E-mail | Website  
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Well I always seem to talk so much you must know almost everything about me :bigeyes:  but my other fave bands... well I have an eclectic taste and like lots of stuff but the main artists that i collect other than vacuum  are      Dead or Alive, the fabulous Mylene Farmer :heart: , Alphaville(Marian Gold has a dream of a voice), Bowie..lol,Marc Almons, Sandra, Japan/David Sylvian,Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys,FGTH, Propaganda, Dana International and many others...oh and a belgium female singer called robert.....

Stop me before I run out of space..

david x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

30-04-2004 13:41

Brute
Gillespie
Well about my self…
I am pupil and studying 2 oriental languages. I’m also learning culture and traditions of East, so the SATC helped me a lot :))
Right now I’m a president of district democratic union of students of Kiev. I was elected in April, 22.
About voting process:
In my program I used a part of Tears of a Nation ( It takes a statesman a certain sacrifice…)
Electorate was shocked a bit, the liked it very much. That quote was a part of my success.
And I asked organizers of conference to turn CON as a quite soundtrack, and Tears of a Nation was playing while pupils were voting..   
About musical Tastes:
There no other bands, which I Love so as Vacuum, but there are some music of bands that I like:
Enigma, Era, Gregorians, Nightwish (not everything)… I also like an ethnic music: Celtics and Arabians (in techno variance) .   

2Masha
Great profession! Interesting, could you remake a scene from “I Breathe” Video in the laboratory? ;-))) (BTW, about I Breathe video, what can you say about it from professional point of view?)
And which mountains did you climbed already? “Go climb the mountains high” – is it your motto?

2Kati
Perhaps “Chemistry” was written by Mattias specially for you ;-))

2Aniv
about non-Russian bands, I agree with you. I also can’t find anything to listen…
BTW, what is your favorite songs of Nightwish ?

2V//PPL
What is V/acuum to you? Is it just a band or something bigger?

(C)Silent Hill

01-05-2004 01:47
Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov

Brute wrote:

BTW, what is your favorite songs of Nightwish ?

Dear Brute. Such questions were always very hard for me...
I don't know... I love all what Tuomas Holopainen creates!!!
But, perhaps, my favourites are Beauty Of The Beast, Moondance, Kin Slayer...

And now when I've downloaded a piece of new single Nemo I think it will be one of my most favourite song as well...

01-05-2004 03:27

Brute
Gillespie
Sorry for offtop.
2Aniv
Well I like Sleeping Sun, Sleep Walker, End of All Hop, and Phantom of the Opera I like Moondance to.  ( I find something Slavonic in it, don’t you think so?)

(C)Silent Hill

01-05-2004 05:36
Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
To Kati
You are chemist! Me too.
Is it fundamental chemistry or applied chemistry?

To Brute
I personally don't like Nightwish version of "Phantom Of The Opera". The main reason is that I don't like Marco Hietala's voice.
About Moondance. I suppose this composition was an experiment of applying different native arrangements to the same melody (especially in the end of the song) We can find something scandinavian, slavonic, jewish... Great composition.
Brute, if it is Tarja's voice that you like in Nightwish, you should download two Beto Vazquez Infinity songs with her perfect vocal.

01-05-2004 09:49

Andrea
High Vacuumist
Hi Vacuum-Fans,

now I want to tell you something about me...

I´m working in a city hall.
This month (21) I will celebrate my marriage... :blush:  :biggrin:

Other music that I hear ist chief Electro-Pop-Musik with bands like Distain, Covenant, Funkervogt, Wolfsheim and slow music like Schiller.
And I like to watch Horror- and Action-movies like Underworld and The Rock, etc.
Besides we have a lot of joy with our ferrets!!!

I´ve ordered the new Vacuum single from CDON at 4th of april. They shipped it but it reached me never. The second time they shipped me the single again last monday, but until today it didn´t arrive again. They must think that I´m crazy, I don´t know why this single got lost two times... :tearsineyes:
But maybe the second shipped single will reach me in the next days.
But when not how will I get the forthcoming Vacuum album?  :pity:

Finally I want to say that I DON´T believe in a creative crisis of Vacuum, not before I hear their new music. For us as fans it will be perfect, when the new album is in style like the others.  :music:  :claps:

:lovevac:

03-05-2004 08:32

Brute
Gillespie
2Masha.
Beautiful place!
What do you think about Caucasian mountains? Real wonderland…
About feelings : Thanks, that you marked that. I also want to say that music of V//acuum creates feelings, it’s not soulless sounds at all, it creates a bright picture in your imagination… you can feel somebody’s energy through spaces… I can’t wait new album’s release. Those samples are so hopeful…

2 Andrea.
I hope that your marriage will be the happiest day in you live! I also hope that V//acuum’s music will play there… Hey, try to imagine: change March of Mendelssohn to Pride in My Religion ;-)

I’m very sorry about singles… Maybe it’s possible to do something with it… Try to speak with administration… You’re living in the EU, lol, there should be some kind of customers’ rights…
I know that E-Bay isn’t bad place to buy CD’s at all… think about it…
“I don’t believe in a creative crisis of Vacuum”
:claps:  :claps:  :claps:   :claps:   :claps:   :claps:
I don’t know why, but I feel that new album will be very special. I think it would be the best music for me! 

2Aniv
… I love her voice… but I thought that she has stopped singing after taking marriage..  could you post a link of those songs ?

(C)Silent Hill

03-05-2004 17:37
Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
To Brute

Dear Brute!

Tarja is a professional opera singer and she has to sing at least three hours a day to keep her voice in form. So, she keeps singing.
And Nightwish new single Nemo has been already released, and new album is coming this summer.
Three samples of new songs you can find on the official site

Some information about Beto Vazquez Infinity you can find on my site (sorry, but it is not yet finished)

04-05-2004 04:02

Brute
Gillespie
2Masha.
I can see those mountains every summer… Magnificent two-head giant… but I never was there… I hope this summer I’ll have a chance…

(C)Silent Hill

04-05-2004 07:20
Kati
High Vacuumist
Hey! Sorry, I've been on holidays and haven't look at foruum for the time.
To Brute
Well, probably Mattias really wrote "Chemistry" for me and Aniv. We should ask him. :crazyfun:
To Aniv
Well what I'm doing now it's an academic research but it can be applied in future. For now it's polymer synthesis. I'm studying at Moscow State University, and here we are mostly in academic research. :happy:  But... I'm thinking about changing my spesciality in chemistry and start with NMR during getting PhD. It's seem to be more applied. And what about you? Where are you studing?  :wink:

04-05-2004 11:34

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov

Kati wrote:

And what about you? Where are you studying?

I study at the Saint Petersburg State University of Low Temperature and Food Engineering.
I’m a technologist of beer and brewing. Last summer I obtained a Bachelor's degree and the theme of my research work was “Influence of fruit components on taste and flavour of low-alcoholic honey drinks”.
Now I continue my study for Master’s degree and my new theme is yeast flocculation. So, from the product itself to the producer ;)

04-05-2004 13:59

Pages:  1 2   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window