You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » Stockholm Pride Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 ... 18
Kati
High Vacuumist
Mmm, hope it'll be more then a couple of songs. Thanx, David.

18-06-2004 07:02

Kati
High Vacuumist
Heey, the Stockholm Prde had updated the program, so Vacuum in program, but there is no exact time (hours, minutes), when they'll be performing.
Does anybody knows, when this'll happen?

09-07-2004 12:52

grayish
Vacuumized

David, have you asked Mattias about Vacuum at Pride?
When? How many songs? etc

15-07-2004 00:55

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Hi Grayish.... great to see you here, When I last spoke to mattias the set list had not been finalised but as there are a lot of acts performing at pride it will only be 3 or 4 songs that have yet to be decided i think..

david x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

15-07-2004 05:08

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist
I talked briefly with Mattias before he left for a short vacation, and what David B says is true; they have yet to finalize the set list, but it will be 2-3 songs in total. Mostly from the new album (probably They Do It), but also "I Breathe" as an encore.

They will probably perform somewhere in the middle of the program.

/David H

16-07-2004 04:55

oLya
Extreme Vacuumist
So is anybody going then? :blink:  I will have to miss Pride, because unfortunately I can't come to Sthlm earlier than in August :sad: Hope David H will write a detailed report about it!

.oO( people, watta boring summer it is, from the point of weather... :doubt: )

/Olya

16-07-2004 12:20

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
:grouphug: Welcome Back Olya..... hope you had a great trip,, still looks like I won't be able to make it to pride but never say never.... still a small chance...   I'm SURE D.Haglund will take some great pics and send us a great report if all else fails..

david x

17-07-2004 05:41

Kati
High Vacuumist
And you, Nuk, are you coming to the pride? or you also don't have a possibility?

17-07-2004 09:48

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Hi kati...... slight chance...... Things have beena  bit difficult to organise so it looks like I will be unable to attend but if i can be there ... I will...:)

davidx

17-07-2004 10:47

Kati
High Vacuumist
Nuukiiiee, I'll be waiting for you to come!!!! Please come here to Stockholm!!!!!! ;)

19-07-2004 05:41

Kati
High Vacuumist
Hello everybody!
So, I've been there, at the Vacuum perfomance at the Pride Park! (Does anybody else been there?) :rolleyes:
I should say that it was really great! Acoustic "I breathe"! :guitar: I was very surprised!
I'd say that the new songs from the new album (those 2 being performed) are very good! I was quite calm when head the samples (remember the samples?), but now I'm exited! Whole song sound different from the sample and much, much better! Now I understand both Davids and Olya!
And "they do it"... I haven't been expecting something like this... This is hard work and very good work! This is the right song for single!
Now I can't wait to listen to the whole album, it must be really great! :heart:

01-08-2004 11:33

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
Nice news, Kati :good:

01-08-2004 13:06

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist
So, time for me to tell you something about my Stockholm Pride Experience! The weather was good and the audience happy, so the conditions were good. I first attended a wedding many miles away, so I drove like a madman on the freeway in my crappy Toyota 323, before getting lost in the Stockholm traffic... It was my first time driving in Stockholm, and it was not a very positive experience. I had to park outside town and take the subway in, so I was quite stressed out when I arrived at the Pride Park, only to discover that Vacuum's appearance had been moved to 21:00...

Anyway, I got my tag and met Mattias, Anders and K briefly backstage, and then I went out to talk to some friends and grab a quick bite. At 9 o'clock, Vacuum was introduced by Mattias' good friend Rickard Engfors (a famous dragshow artist). Mattias walked in on stage, accompanied by a guitar player to do an acoustic rendering of "I Breathe". Mattias was wearing a blue shirt with bandages around his wrists -- probably in homage to the new video where he is an inmate at a mental hospital.

A lot of people in the audience looked a bit dumbfounded when Vacuum were introduced, but most of them recognized "I Breathe" and even sang along in it. I recalled my friend Felix saying that if Vacuum were doing another acoustic performance, he would leave. Luckily, Felix didn't leave. You see, the inclusion of "I Breathe" served a specific purpose... As Wollbeck entered the stage with a red keyboard, Mattias concluded "I Breathe" by saying, "That was then, this is NOW". And with that, the album intro started playing and the metallic synthesizer strings of "Your Whole Life is Leading up to This" sounded throughout the Park...

This was followed by the new single "They Do It", where Mattias and Anders were joined by a barefoot K on stage! Mattias introduced K as a singer he was honored to have worked with. While Mattias didn't move much during this song, K was leaping about and dancing throughout the song.

As K left the stage, Mattias introduced the final song, "The Void" with the words "Here's a song you can dance to!" I've said it before, this song is really really nice... Some shades of Erasure (back when they were good), but with a highly contemporary production. Mattias presented Wollbeck to the audience during a keyboard solo, and he received ovations.

As a whole, the songs were very well received by the audience. Many people looked happy and a bit surprised, and were dancing along with the new songs. Mathias B, a friend of mine who's a professional photographer, was very impressed: "Lindblom is God". "Nah," I replied, "but he might be Jesus."

The band was very happy with the gig when they left to do a signing session of the old single for the fans.

I took loads of pictures with my digital camera, as well as some video with audio. I downloaded them into Mattias' computer, so they should be up on www.vacuum-music.com shortly. More professional closeups by Mathias B will also be up later this week.

/David H

Last edited by David Haglund (01-08-2004 16:19)

01-08-2004 14:42

Shadow
Dear David and Kati,
Greatest thanks for your reports and visual stuff :-) You pictured the event so nice and brightly that it’s like I’ve been there along with you  :winky:
:claps: Most of all it’s nice to hear that your impressions of new Vacuum are good in spite of someone’s  :devil: doubts here.

Is anyone else going to share impressions of the show? As I understand from Kati's report there were some more foruumists on the show. It would be great to read more impressions. :smile:

Btw, David, if you’d try driving in Kiev or Moscow you felt Stockholm traffic as nirvana  :winky:

Last edited by Shadow (01-08-2004 19:42)

:whistle: I will talk and Hollywood will listen :tongue:  [RW]

01-08-2004 19:41

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
Kati & David,
Thank you very much for all the information & photos & video

Interesting, very interesting stuff :good:

I'm so happy there was NO hat on Mattias' head.
Bandages over arms were something new & quite interesting stuff.

"That was then, this is NOW"

If Mattias introduced 'I Breathe' as something 'that was then', perhaps, we could wait for the concert with absence of this song...  :tongue:

:batman:

02-08-2004 03:47

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 ... 18   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window