You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » They do it Video Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Hi last night I was  honoured to be shown the video for "They Do It" by Mattias......  it is STUNNING... beautifully shot... its kinda like a small trailer for a horror movie and with the dark scenes and the chiming bells in the backing track a tad reminiscent of The Exorcist trailer .... Its very atmospheric and fits the song so well.... now its a complete package and everything falls into place... could things be any more perfect??   JUstw ait till you see it.. you won't be dissapointed.... :lovevac:  :lovevac:

David x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

20-08-2004 02:50

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist
Goosebumps... I just saw it too. Cool and moody.

/the other David

20-08-2004 09:15

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
I have just watched hi-fi They Do It video for the sixth time.

:bigeyes:
Video is really amazing!!!
I discovered for myself that Mattias is not only good singer, but a talented actor as well! He played this madman tremendously, especially when he shouted “just not ME-E-E-E!”
About the video itself:
Raindrops falling from K’s hand to asphalt remind me the cartridge-cases falling down from helicopter in Matrix. Ecxellent work.
Of course, there is a wonderful sequence when coffee stir in a cup by the will of K standing out of the house. :good:
A very interesting moment (which I didn’t catch when I saw the video for first two times) is the one when K stops the rain and then let it go again by raising and lowering his hands.

Once I’ve hear the full song in good quality (even as mono :( ) I changed my mind about it. Now I like it. Yes, really like it, even in spite of the fact I still cannot understand what is the chorus about :wink: (WHO are “They” and WHAT do they “Do again”)

So, now I’m waiting for new single, album and concerts in Saint-Petersburg even more impatiently.

Great thanks to Vacuum, K, Mikael Abbhagen and all the staff for such perfect work!

20-08-2004 11:11

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
See  I told you.. the video would be stunning... I stayed up watching it about 20 times last night after mattias previewed it to me.. very atmospheric... great cinematography.... and lots of small images that you mis the first time around... and how well it fits the song... now Vacuum are STRONG contenders to sweep to the top of the charts....

David x

20-08-2004 11:50

Bagira
Dead Vacuumist
I liked the video. Dark and gloomy, just in the right way for the song. And I agree with Aniv, Mattias really suited the role perfectly and acted it out very well.
On the whole the video somehow reminded me of the 'Seven' movie, especially the shots before I watched it. I don't know why though. And I thought it must be more scary but it turned out to be kind'a 'light' in a way.
Anyway, good job!

Because I'm through with love

21-08-2004 18:51
Website  
blabla
High Vacuumist
The room in the video reminds me one Swedish book, where a woman killed herself (I mean suicide), she hit her head by wall, “it was difficult, but she did it”…. They do it, they did it, they do it again=)

But the video is really really great, and the same about the song.

PS Did you see that lavatory pan? Brr, I wouldn’t like to live in that room=).

Last edited by blabla (22-08-2004 15:57)

22-08-2004 15:56
Shadow
So long I couldn’t make me describe my impressions of this video… And now it’s not easier than before… I’ll just try a bit.
Indeed it is excellent as a video-work. Perfect light. Well-done video-editing. Expressive sequence of scenes and images. Full of meaning.
It doesn’t remind me anything but the video TheyDoIt itself (just maybe the falling cup…). And I think it’s good. I mean – it’s good that I don’t compare this video with movies or something else. I see it as it is. It’s essence…
The video of Aquarius… Water in the dark. Water from the sky. Water from veins… Water runs out… Aquarius age… And… No. Stop.
I hardly dare to reveal more from all my impressions and emotions of the video here on the forum since if I just try – they will place me into the same dwelling as we see in the video…

I just can’t resist the temptation to laugh at snobs who blamed the video FoolsLikeMe saying that it was weak because of being a student work, and appreciated at the moment this video just because it was announced as a work of a high professional. I guess how funny it sounded to Mattias’ ears since both videos are made by one person. And both are professionally done. Both are conceptual and impressive.
Dear snobs, cheer up!  :winky: 
Perhaps now you’ll find something good about the video FoolsLikeMe the same as about TheyDoIt video.
Remember? I told you that Fools… was excellent. This one (TheyDoIt) is more than excellent. It’s tremendously excellent. I just hope that the next video will be done by the same author.  :good:

:whistle: I will talk and Hollywood will listen :tongue:  [RW]

25-08-2004 20:17

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist

Shadow wrote:

I just can’t resist the temptation to laugh at snobs who blamed the video FoolsLikeMe saying that it was weak because of being a student work, and appreciated at the moment this video just because it was announced as a work of a high professional. I guess how funny it sounded to Mattias’ ears since both videos are made by one person.

So someone noticed this.  :happy:

I hope he will get to do more videos. As Mattias said; "he is OUR Anton Corbjin!"  :paint:

27-08-2004 09:33

Shadow

David Haglund wrote:

So someone noticed this.  :happy: 
To say honestly, it was not me who noticed the fact that both videos are made by one author. I paid much attention to the videos themselves and didn’t pay enough attention to memorizing the name of video director. (!Shame on me!  :guilty: )
I just saw the mention about video authorship in ASK department of www.vacuum-people.com.
But it was really me who noticed how funny it is when people play snobs. And I couldn’t miss an occasion to point it in public with
( :winky: !shame on me! :winky: ) gloating delight. For edification. Since I don’t like when somebody is puffed-up without real reasons.
Excuse me all who didn’t enjoy my attitude.

Sorry, David – I don’t know who is Anton Corbjin. Would you please to tell me? I’d like to understand the meaning of Mattias’ sentence you quoted above.

Last edited by Shadow (27-08-2004 21:09)

27-08-2004 21:07

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Anton Corbin is a great film maker and video director.. he made many of the Depeche Mode Promo video's and also filmed the movie of them live in concert.. in fact he worked so closely with depeche Mode with their image he is almost recognised as another member of the band... By working with the same director it has firmly establised an IMAGE for the band and I suppose they both have an understanding of what is needed from each other... Hope that helps a little..

David x

31-08-2004 09:01

Алекс
Mr. Belarus
Посмотрел. Кажется, сделано со смыслом, хотя и также дешево, как и FLM. Неужели профессиональный режиссер делал? :)
Так вот откуда эти нниточки из-под бинтов! А я думал, на концертах они случайно вылазят :)
Концовка пробивает! Прямо Снегурочка :)

31-08-2004 10:47
E-mail | Website  
Shadow

nukleopatra wrote:

Anton Corbin is a great film maker and video director...
Hope that helps a little..
Yes! :smile: It helps completely. :smile: Thank you, David! :smile:

31-08-2004 13:47

~Power~
~the shining spirit~

Алекс wrote:

Кажется, сделано со смыслом, хотя и также дешево, как и FLM.

Не также, а гораздо лучше. Или вам подавай яркости, пышности и размаха Альказара? Это другая тема. Другая песня.

Алекс wrote:

Неужели профессиональный режиссер делал? :)

Извини, конечно, но ты и так не сделаешь... :-)

Алекс wrote:

Концовка пробивает! Прямо Снегурочка

Тут соглашусь. Интересное завершение сюжета.

02-09-2004 14:41
Website  
Алекс
Mr. Belarus

~Power~ wrote:

Ну ты же сама понимаешь, что это не аргумент :)

И потом, откуда ты знаешь? А вдруг я великий белорусский режиссер? :)

02-09-2004 15:02
E-mail | Website  
~Power~
~the shining spirit~

Алекс wrote:

~Power~ wrote:

Ну ты же сама понимаешь, что это не аргумент :)

Я из вредности так сказала.

~Power~ wrote:

И потом, откуда ты знаешь? А вдруг я великий белорусский режиссер? :)

А вдруг я великая русская балерина? :-)

02-09-2004 15:13
Website  
Pages:  1 2 3   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window