You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » Language Barrier Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
A belated happy new year to everyone here.... hope you all achieve your dreams this year... sorry for the lack of responce from me in recent postings and discussions  but this is due to the fact that  the majority of the posts these days seem to be in Russian....  I understand that the majority of members here are from Russia and its a shame that more posts are not made in English as i think this would encourage discussion from other European fans....

David x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

15-01-2005 16:39

The God
Vacuumiracle

nukleopatra wrote:

A belated happy new year to everyone here.... hope you all achieve your dreams this year... sorry for the lack of responce from me in recent postings and discussions  but this is due to the fact that  the majority of the posts these days seem to be in Russian....  I understand that the majority of members here are from Russia and its a shame that more posts are not made in English as i think this would encourage discussion from other European fans....
David x

Dear David,

I am sure some people would be ashamed if their posts theese days were in English...

Last edited by The God (15-01-2005 16:46)

If you’re looking for a justice - Cuff my hands

15-01-2005 16:45

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
David, welcome back here! :)

As you know, I could translate all my russian posts here on forum, if you wish.

Most other people could translate their own posts as well...

15-01-2005 17:48

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Thanks Tolya... but my point is any new european visitors to the site could be  disencouraged by the lack of English posts here..... I seem to remember a time here when most of the posts were in English and applaud the Russians and other fans who took the time and effort to post their messages in  a language that we could all read...

Hi God..... I dont think we have spoken before but I fail to see why most people would be ashamed if their posts were in English.... in my experience most Russians have mastered the art of writing in English so well It is I that am ashamed of my lack of Russian and other languages..   and to my logic it seems best that the forum posts are in English... after all the site uses English text so most people here can at least read or understand English....

This is just my opinion  so those of you that dissagree please do not look to pick a fight... e are all entitled to our own opinions and these are mine.....  I love this site and would feel happier if I could participate on the debates on the forum more..... can i suggest that even those who will insist on posting in Russian that they at least sub title the topic in English so we can understand what you are talking about and add our own comments...

again happy new Year to you all.....

David x :grouphug:

16-01-2005 05:24

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
So, David, do you want me to translate my last month's posts from russian to english? I could do it with all my posts by editing them in the topics they are in.
I need just some free time for this.
But you will not get the full meaning of the verbal thread if other forumists' posts  are still in russian. So I suppose we all should translate our russian posts when we are free.

So, those who wrote in Russian in December, let's choose the date of changing the language of our posts.

:)

16-01-2005 09:50

The God
Vacuumiracle

nukleopatra wrote:

Hi God..... I dont think we have spoken before but I fail to see why most people would be ashamed if their posts were in English.... in my experience most Russians have mastered the art of writing in English so well It is I that am ashamed of my lack of Russian and other languages..   and to my logic it seems best that the forum posts are in English... after all the site uses English text so most people here can at least read or understand English....

Oh no, David! It's a complete misunderstanding. And I see it is my fault you did not understand my correctly.
There is absolutely nothing bad to be said about posts in English from my side. No way.
The real meaning of my post was following. Some people should be ashamed of the content of their posts made in Russian recently. That is why they are in Russian, not in English.
The discussions were really hot...

If you’re looking for a justice - Cuff my hands

16-01-2005 16:44

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Lol  God... No I understand :lol:   I guessed that maybe the topics were arguing about something... the forum always seems busy with Russian posts when people are fighting.. Its a shame because in general everybody here is so nice and I have met some great people here...  WE should all be united under the vacuum banner here and kep any personal insults and argumenst :silent:  for other places... a new aalbum, maybe a tour next year... we have so much to look forward to...

David
x

16-01-2005 18:10

Алекс
Mr. Belarus
Dear forrumists!

tHIS FORUM IS BILINGUAL!

17-01-2005 02:35
E-mail | Website  
~Power~
~the shining spirit~
David, topics were about nothing :-) There were written stupid messages only. Hot disputes and recriminations.

I wouldn`t translate it all in English....

17-01-2005 02:46
Website  
Annette
EV/OLUTIONER
Power is right; gallery of avatars, your images about new songs...
Sorry David! It's easier for me to write in Russian, but I'll try to improve my English.(Foruum helps me to do this)

17-01-2005 13:33
Website  
Kus
Stranger

Позор мне! За то что я не пишу по-английски!

Вот  если б я писал по-английски так же хорошо как и по-русски, то вам был бы %и?дец, дорогие мои, гы-гы-гы.

Учите рашин. А то подсылаете каких-то там донощиков-переводчиков, которые сами то русские не секут, а еще чего-то говорят. Это я почти сам с собой.

Русских не понимают из-за того, что они говорят на своем языке. Это ж бред.

17-01-2005 18:51
~Power~
~the shining spirit~
Кус, ну...английский считается универсальным языком. Что поделаешь, если русский пока не на вершине хит-парадов...

Sorry for Russian message people :-)

Last edited by ~Power~ (18-01-2005 03:02)

18-01-2005 03:01
Website  
Алекс
Mr. Belarus
Кусик, ты прав, 100%

18-01-2005 04:22
E-mail | Website  
Vacuum Music
Zvirushko
Kus, Alex..
Leave Russian for Russian topics (the topics, created in Russian language). At least and at last!
English is the world wide language in the mean time. Like there was Latin language or Greek language in the times of Rome Empire or Alexander (who has already seen this movie? :)). The common language for the nations to understand each other - is this a bad thing to follow?

The forum is billingual, Alex, you are right. But it is not soooo much billingual to reply English visitors in Russian language.

18-01-2005 05:59
Website  
Kus
Stranger

I completely agree with you.
But my skills arent so highs to speak in english.
And to be in corner I dont wish.

Ну в принципе я так язык скорее выучу :)

The God wrote :
'Some people should be ashamed of the content of their posts made in Russian recently'
Its about me :)

I am in shame=)

18-01-2005 06:51
Pages:  1 2 3   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window