You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » \V/oid Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3 4
Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

Brute wrote:

But in general, I can see not only disadvantages in such case… I think that single and album are “a bit” different things (in selling aspect) and, for example, at CIS countries nobody buys them at all (only such fans as we do by visiting e-stores, ‘cos they’re out of the stores).

Well, I agree there is probably a difference in selling aspect ... but that shouldn’t be the reason not to make it available for buying, at least order it on internet ( Skivhugget etc. )
This way it looks like they want to invest the least effort and money ... in order to get more of it back ( I mean what else  :blink:  ) ...
Anyway ... I guess I’ve become spoiled by listening to singles like Conquering America and its numerous remixes (I mean these guys really took effort to bring out the most out of that song)

Brute wrote:

And as far as I understand more then half of the radio stations are getting all their music for broadcasting from the Net. There is even a special musical-download site for CIS radios…

I wouldn’t compare  the way radio stations supply themselves with music with the way of selling to individuals i.e.  fans. We are not radio stations – we don’t buy it because it is our job to do it, we buy it only because we like it.This way I feel like coming to a wholesale market.

The only excuse I could understand for this is to make the selling easier so that more people can reach it ... but if someone has ability to pay legal download, then s/he can order the single in the same way as well ... and for someone who can’t (in eastern countries card paying system isn’t so widespread), s/he can’t do it in either of these cases ... so , it means, this should only have purpose on increased selling in north and western countries, I guess.

Brute wrote:

2Masha, if you’d like to hold “The Void” in your hands I can give you an advice… may I?   
First, you’re paying money and downloading Void form the legal download-site.
Then you’re buying CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R…. or any other recordable disc, printing a sleeve, which is published at v-p.com…
And finally, you’re a holding “The Void” single!!!!
(  it’s a joke of the sick person which is growing in Pirates' country ;-)    )

Yeah ... it really is sick    :sick:  :sick:  :sick:   

P.S.  Btw, what CIS means ? Abbreviation for what ?  :wink:

07-06-2005 02:20

Brute
Gillespie
The Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) is a confederation or alliance consisting of 12 of the 15 former Soviet Republics, the exceptions being the three Baltic states (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania).
Its creation signaled the dissolution of the Soviet Union and, according to Vladimir Putin, its purpose was to "allow a civilized divorce" between the Soviet Republics. However since its creation many commentators have seen the CIS as a tool that would allow Russia to keep its influence over the post-Soviet states, and its member-states have since signed a large number of documents concerning integration and cooperation on matters of economics, defense and foreign policy.

Well, perhaps I should have posted a little conclusion in my previous message…
So, IMHO, we shouldn’t trying to count money of the band, if they’ve decided to act in such way they have their own reasons for it, and they right to do that, what they want…
Off-top (I tried to listen to “Conquering America” single, but honestly, I got tired after 3-d track…)   
2-nd off-top (BTW, today in 1905  The Norwegian parliament dissolved the Union between Sweden and Norway. ;-) )

(C)Silent Hill

07-06-2005 18:07
The God
Vacuumiracle

Brute wrote:

The Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)...
...according to Vladimir Putin, its purpose was to "allow a civilized divorce" between the Soviet Republics...

civilized divorse after such a polygamy?... :grouphug:

Brute, you are strong man. 3 tracks is quite a lot... :winky:

Last edited by The God (08-06-2005 07:35)

If you’re looking for a justice - Cuff my hands

08-06-2005 02:37

Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

Brute wrote:

The Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) is a confederation or alliance consisting of 12 of the 15 former Soviet Republics, the exceptions being the three Baltic states (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania).

I see. Thanks !

08-06-2005 07:10

Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

Brute wrote:

Off-top (I tried to listen to “Conquering America” single, but honestly, I got tired after 3-d track…)   
Mon ami americain  :lips:

08-06-2005 11:32

Annette
EV/OLUTIONER

Brute wrote:

I listened only one and  I turned off other after first :oooo: "spelling arround" :clown:...

08-06-2005 12:57
Website  
Brute
Gillespie
Folks, ;-) are you sure you're on the right way of the discussion... ?
Let's get back to "The Void". BTW, how do you understand meaning the word “Void”?  What's the difference between words Vacuum, Emptiness and Void...?

(C)Silent Hill

08-06-2005 22:46
Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

Brute wrote:

Yeah, you are absolutely right ... we shouldn’t allow to turn to off topics in this topic dedicated to something precious like
The Void

Brute wrote:

Let's get back to "The Void". BTW, how do you understand meaning the word “Void”?  What's the difference between words Vacuum, Emptiness and Void...?

Well, I already explained the relation of the words Vacuum and Void in a context of the band’s philosophy.
And I wouldn’t mess the word emptiness in it .
To me, emptiness is not a synonym for Vacuum and Void in ideological point of view. Emptiness is a something where there is nothing, while Vacuum and Void is like an “empty” space where there is truth, so that’s why it is empty only under quotation marks ... it can’t be empty if there is truth in it , isn’t it ?  :wink:

P.S. For example ... to me, there is no Void in Temporary Solution, only , yes psychedelic (i think someone already used this word for this song) emptiness ... that's why it is only "temporary" solution. Anyway, as I already said I don't like to listen to this song. I like the void, but i don't like psychedelic emptiness, because, unlike void, i think there is no truth in it. All old Vacuum songs had the void in itself.
I don't know do i have to repeat that it's just my opinion  :smile:
:void:

09-06-2005 01:35

The Terminator
Sacred Vacuumist

Annette wrote:

I listened only one and  I turned off other after first :oooo: "spelling arround" :clown:...

Maybe it happened because you have mixed words? :cool:

09-06-2005 02:51

The God
Vacuumiracle

Brute wrote:

IMHO, it is not correct to talk about "void" definition separated from the whole phraze "into the void" or even "go into the void". It gives new shades to the word. Loneliness can be one of them. Self-denial. Associations with hermit or recluse. To leave everything, to to shrink into one's shell. To deepen in own soul. In search of truth and understanding. In void. It piece.

For comparison and referrence I would choose a marvellous song "Into Nothingness" by Finnish atmospheric-rock band ShamRain, that I truely adore. I suggest you to read the lyrics of it:

Into nothingness

stare into nothingness
in the empty hearts abode
pale figures, the mirrors show
our souls have turned to stone
our hearts have lost their glow
in a paradise useless
in reality worthless
don't let your dying dreams escape
hold hard that precious way
to stay alive...

Last edited by The God (09-06-2005 03:00)

If you’re looking for a justice - Cuff my hands

09-06-2005 02:56

The Terminator
Sacred Vacuumist

Brute wrote:

Well I must say about it. There are some difference.

VACUUM  is the physical TERM (yes, and musical, of course). Vacuum it not simply the void, but the void allocated energy, weight and other physical characteristics

EMPTINESS is the philosophical TERM. It is a synonym to Chaos. According to many human philosophical doctrines, from emptiness there was a life

And The Void is.... The vital term more often meeting in real human life. It means, for example "anywhere","precipice", " space or a place blank by subjects "

Actaully, The Void is the song of Vacuum about....more things :tank:

Last edited by The Terminator (09-06-2005 03:05)

09-06-2005 03:03

The Terminator
Sacred Vacuumist
Yes The God , this words is close to human race :cyclop:

09-06-2005 03:16

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist

The God wrote:

Brute wrote:

IMHO, it is not correct to talk about "void" definition separated from the whole phraze "into the void" or even "go into the void". It gives new shades to the word. Loneliness can be one of them. Self-denial. Associations with hermit or recluse. To leave everything, to to shrink into one's shell. To deepen in own soul. In search of truth and understanding. In void. It piece.

Very true, the God. The void is meaningless until we fill it, i.e. "go into the void". The void can also be seen as a synonym for "the unknown."

09-06-2005 03:57

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist

Masha wrote:

P.S. For example ... to me, there is no Void in Temporary Solution, only , yes psychedelic (i think someone already used this word for this song) emptiness ... that's why it is only "temporary" solution. Anyway, as I already said I don't like to listen to this song. I like the void, but i don't like psychedelic emptiness, because, unlike void, i think there is no truth in it. All old Vacuum songs had the void in itself.
I don't know do i have to repeat that it's just my opinion

It is strange to me to read this, since "Temporary Solution" is probably one of the most truthful Vacuum songs ever written, from what Mattias have told me. I won't betray his trust though, he may tell you what the song is about if/when he so chooses.

So the truth may be subjective.

Last edited by David Haglund (09-06-2005 04:14)

09-06-2005 04:12

Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

David Haglund wrote:

It is strange to me to read this, since "Temporary Solution" is probably one of the most truthful Vacuum songs ever written, from what Mattias have told me. I won't betray his trust though, he may tell you what the song is about if/when he so chooses.

Well, I don't need someone to explain to me what the song is about, so that I could have opinion about it.
Song itself talks and I trust to what the song is telling to me. After all, usually ( if the song is good, I mean meaningfull, and new vacuum songs are also like that) song talks much more then the artist who wrote it is even aware of it. That is so because the song is produced from the heart and not from the mind.

David Haglund wrote:

So the truth may be subjective.

Well, I underlined that it was my opinion, why don't you write yours instead of writing what Mattias told you about it ...  ?

Do you have opinion of your own or you stick to Mattias's one ?

09-06-2005 05:28

Pages:  1 2 3 4   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window