You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » \V/oid Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3 4
Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

David Haglund wrote:

I won't betray his trust though, he may tell you what the song is about if/when he so chooses.

I forgot to say this to ... It isn't important for me to know is it about his mother or some other person that he loved ... still it's personal and personal and the void does not go together.

09-06-2005 06:04

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist
Masha:
We have different definitions of truth, that's all. My definition of truthful is being honest even if it gets personal (and this is probably the way most people would define "truth"). Your definition of "the truth"/"the void", if I understand it correctly, seems to be that the music speaks to you on a personal level.

What I find attractive about Vacuum isn't neccessarily true for everyone. I could say that the music is 'close to my heart and mind' then, or 'according to my tastes', or that it 'evokes emotions within me'. But this may not be true to someone who doesn't like Vacuum's music (there are some still left on the Solomon Islands, I think). So I don't think it is a good idea to start inventing new definitions of established concepts such as "truth".

I fear that we may be getting lost in semantics and philosophy here. It is getting very convoluted even though it was clear in my mind before I started writing this...  :wacko:

If we get back to what I think, because you asked me specifically to give my opinion, I can say that "Temporary Solution" is not one of my favorite tracks on the album. The music is a bit too monotonous and the instrumentation too stripped-down for my tastes. Just like you, I like "The Void" a lot better. I'm just reacting to your comment that there is "no truth in it" when I have been told that this is a personal text, straight from the horse's mouth. It doesn't quite make sense in my head. That's all. Please don't kill me.

Last edited by David Haglund (09-06-2005 10:06)

09-06-2005 10:04

Brute
Gillespie
Speaking about other bands that used “Void” in their creativity I can name only “Kamelot” and song-text of “Wander”(Epica album):

Silently we wander
Into this void of consequence
My shade will always haunt her
But she will be my guiding light

I think that it could be interesting for you to read an article about understanding of the Void by different people and different religions…  You can find it here   or here .
(Off-top. Honestly, Temporary Solution is one of the songs from all of the Vacuum’s creativity that I like the most. So deep, so painful for me... )

(C)Silent Hill

09-06-2005 12:06
Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

David Haglund wrote:

I'm just reacting to your comment that there is "no truth in it" when I have been told that this is a personal text, straight from the horse's mouth. It doesn't quite make sense in my head. That's all. Please don't kill me.

David, of course I’m not going to kill you !    :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

Why do you people freeze as soon as I say I have some other opinion then yours …  :rolleyes:

When I said there isn’t truth in it , of course I didn’t mean that he lied in it !
I was not talking of “truth” as being honest, not to lie … I was talking about the truth in the void. I guess it’s a rather heavy topic even for hard core philosophers … but it’s related to a thing that individual personal feelings are obstacles for some cognitions …
That’s all and I know you are not going to kill me  :wink:

09-06-2005 12:08

The Terminator
Sacred Vacuumist
To Masha and David:

Well. people, to kill is not your mission :shoot:

09-06-2005 12:30

The God
Vacuumiracle
The discussion reminds me the song "Killing me, killing you" by another good Finnish band "Sentenced":

Killing me, killing you
Killing all we are...

:coza:

If you’re looking for a justice - Cuff my hands

10-06-2005 02:28

Masha
Vacuumist in the Void
Guys , guys ... cool down with these killing things ... 

Jesus, David ... look what an avalanche our “innocent” words produced ...   :rolleyes:

:smile:

10-06-2005 03:29

Veta
EV/OLUTIONER
Hello Vacuum People, "The Void" Remix is on Kiev radio today! Listen to Kiss FM! Enjoy :void:

10-06-2005 10:13

Masha
Vacuumist in the Void
Brute, I read the articles on the links you gave and here are some of my reflections on the articles ... 

Articles are interesting  and I see it matches some of my own opinions like for example the  description of  the void by John Van Auken. It matches what I said that the void and individual personal feelings do not go together. That matches my opinion that I don’t feel the void in personal songs, i.e. the truth in the void is not personal, the truth in a sense of being free from illusions and not the truth in a sense of being honest in everyday life on earth.

I see this description of being in the void by John Van Auken completely matches my explanation about the Temporary Solution that we talked above.

I also agree with a thing that is many times repeated in the articles, that it is of greatest importance how we live while we are on Earth. That’s why in your topic Vacuum proverbs I chose “it’s all in what we say, how we live our lives”   :smile:

Last edited by Masha (11-06-2005 09:49)

11-06-2005 09:41

Annette
EV/OLUTIONER
Sveta, I've heard it too today! :claps:

15-06-2005 10:57
Website  
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window