FORUUM

Vacuum Music Foruum / WHAT ARE OUR WHOLE LIVES LEADING UP TO?
You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » WHAT ARE OUR WHOLE LIVES LEADING UP TO? Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2
Ghriska
Vacuumized

Haven't yet heard the album, but considering only the name of it, I would NOT think it as death as some did, not at all. I think it means the moment you are currently living, "'up to this' moment". Not to concern yourselves about things to come or what were in the past. Not the "they lived happily ever after" mentality, but that your full life is at this exact moment and its happening all the time, even if you are predisposed to making compromises in your life and fond of telling white lies. When "Your Whole Life Is leading Up To this", I should write even this sentence as true to myself as humanly possible, nothing else. This perfect moment.

That all said, I could be wrong what they actually meant, but best art; yes, I said art, leaves you room to make your own mind about what it means.

15-06-2005 09:35

Honey_R
High Vacuumist
Talking about the name of the album, I'd say that authors meant that they collected all possible human feelings and put

them into their songs. So to feel it, to go through that feelings together with authors You should listen the album! :-)

15-06-2005 11:59

Satellite
that's me in the corner
I just took it as a big joke :) Big and ambitious joke...

25-06-2005 15:45
Satellite
that's me in the corner
Oh well, you're right Masha. I did say that. Let me explain a little.
I think, this title is quite good for the album. I don't venture to judge how suitable it is, but I guess it is, so to speak, "big". It could be a joke because there isn't really much for our lives to lead up to in this album, IMHO. You could argue: the change in style. Maybe... But it's still vague to me, so it's easier to take it as a joke.
However, I don't underestimate the album's artistic value...

I know, I know.. I'm not being serious :) But that's just another point of view, darling :)

29-06-2005 00:52
Satellite
that's me in the corner
Oh dear..

01-07-2005 03:00
Pages:  1 2   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window