FORUUM

Vacuum Music Foruum / Do you want to listen SWEDISH song of Vacuum?
You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » Do you want to listen SWEDISH song of Vacuum? Topic closed
Poll Delete
Question  Do you want to listen SWEDISH song of Vacuum?
Answers 
Ja, I really do    15 75%
Nej, I prefer English    5 25%
Total: 20
Author
Message Pages:  1 2
Out
Vacuumagesty
Goddag, people! Recently I started to learn swedish and I'm sure that it's great, very beautiful language. How do you think? I know some swedish singers who didn't forget to sing something in swedish, singing in English mainly. So I thought that it would be great if Mattias will sing something in swedish, it must be very beautiful. Don't you think so? If you really would like to listen something in swedish from Mattias(even if it will be somebody's cover with the only guitar), please, support this topic with your opinion and maybe Mattias will read and will decide to make THIS present to us on the Birthday of Vacuum.

12-07-2005 17:25

White Queen
Shining Vacuumist
I would really like to.... I just don't want to suffer of insomnia because of swedish song.... Just kidding

Listen, Valenok, I would like to study Swedish to...I'm really fascinated by this language, but I have no courage... Is it really difficult?

12-07-2005 17:34
Vacuum Music
Zvirushko
Oh, it would be so nice, if Mattias made a song in Swedish (it can be recorded just for Internet-spreading). A great gift for Vacuum fans! I really support this idea.

12-07-2005 17:39
Website  
Shadow
I want it from the first moment  :claps:

:whistle: I will talk and Hollywood will listen :tongue:  [RW]

12-07-2005 17:51

Ksusha
Shining Vacuumist

Valenok wrote:

Goddag, people! Recently I started to learn swedish and I'm sure that it's great, very beautiful language. How do you think? I know some swedish singers who didn't forget to sing something in swedish, singing in English mainly. So I thought that it would be great if Mattias will sing something in swedish, it must be very beautiful. Don't you think so? If you really would like to listen something in swedish from Mattias(even if it will be somebody's cover with the only guitar), please, support this topic with your opinion and maybe Mattias will read and will decide to make THIS present to us on the Birthday of Vacuum.

I think it is good idea, and I would like to hear song on sweden language. It will be the best present to us on the Birthday of Vacuum. I hope, what Mattias is writing this song for us.

12-07-2005 17:54

Out
Vacuumagesty

White Queen wrote:

Listen, Valenok, I would like to study Swedish to...I'm really fascinated by this language, but I have no courage... Is it really difficult?

You know, it's not easy, there are a lot of things that you should just remember - it will come with experience. I think that swedish is more difficult than english but if you like to study language(it's very interesting, believe me), you'll learn it with great pleasure. Find good exersize-book, it may be not easy to find good exersize-book of swedish in book shops.

12-07-2005 18:03

White Queen
Shining Vacuumist
Great!! I'm going to study it!!
I know that learning languages is very interesting 'cause I'm studying them.. my future is being an interpreter....
Tommorow I'll be searching for an exercize-book!!  Thank you!!

12-07-2005 18:10
Midnight_girl
Кавайные Ушки
I think it would be fun =)

13-07-2005 02:54

Out
Vacuumagesty

White Queen wrote:

I know that learning languages is very interesting 'cause I'm studying them.. my future is being an interpreter....

This is my great hobby too, and this year I got my second diploma of interpreter. Though it's diploma of english interpreter, I want to know much more languages. And now I'm sure you'll get pleasure of it. Let me advice you good site for russian people interested in Sweden and swedish: http://www.sweden4rus.nu/

Last edited by Valenok (13-07-2005 14:12)

13-07-2005 14:10

Cecilia
Sacred Vacuumist
Like Masha, I'm not very interested in listening to Vacuum's songs in Swedish. I mean, every Vacuum song is welcome, and sometimes I listen to things I don't understand (some few songs in Japanese) but generally I prefer to understand it, also because if I know the language I'm able to sing the song, and I love to sing along while listening to music.
Moreover, considered that Vacuum are still not very famous, if they sing in Swedish I guess they'd be even less popular.
And I'm not interested in learning Swedish.

13-07-2005 14:50
Website  
Honey_R
High Vacuumist
Great idea! And I think it shouldn't be only internet-spreaded song! IMHO it should be on the next album! :-)

13-07-2005 15:36

White Queen
Shining Vacuumist

Valenok wrote:

White Queen wrote:

This is my great hobby too, and this year I got my second diploma of interpreter. Though it's diploma of english interpreter, I want to know much more languages. And now I'm sure you'll get pleasure of it. Let me advice you good site for russian people interested in Sweden and swedish: http://www.sweden4rus.nu/

Thank you very much for your kindness!!

13-07-2005 16:09
Out
Vacuumagesty

Cecilia wrote:

Like Masha, I'm not very interested in listening to Vacuum's songs in Swedish. I mean, every Vacuum song is welcome, and sometimes I listen to things I don't understand (some few songs in Japanese) but generally I prefer to understand it, also because if I know the language I'm able to sing the song, and I love to sing along while listening to music.

I never understand people who don't like music because they don't know the language. I don't get less pleasure from Bjork's voice when she sings in her language. And so this is about other singers who sing by their hearts. What if Vacuum will decide to sing in swedish further? Will you stop listen to them?
My opinion is that swedish is native language of Mattias, language, that his parents spoke with him, language, that he thinks by. And this is the only language that Mattias will be able to sing by his soul, by his heart more than in english. And then this language is very soft and Mattias's voice, that is very soft at present, would harmonize with it.

14-07-2005 13:44

~Power~
~the shining spirit~
It would be very nice=)

14-07-2005 14:06
Website  
Cecilia
Sacred Vacuumist
I didn't say that I would stop to listen to Vacuum if they sing in Swedish, but I do prefer listen to them in Italian. I use to listen to music in English, Italian, Spanish, some Portuguese and some French, given that although I can understand a little bit of Portuguese (words more similar to Italian ones) I find it a wonderful language to sing.
On the other hand, as I'm an opera fan, I've listened to a certain amount of music in German (Wagner, Mozart, Richard Strauss) and definitely I don't enjoy it as I do with languages I am familiar to. My humbly opinion is that German is less musical than romance languages.
And generally I don't believe that singers sing better in their mothertongue than in English, in this case. English is the language I usually sing in and it's used also by many Italian groups and singers (Elisa, I suppose, is the most famous abroad).
When I listen to a song in a language that I totally don't understand there's simply something that miss. As Robert Frost said, "Poetry is what gets lost in translation".
This is only my opinion, as always.

Last edited by Cecilia (14-07-2005 14:17)

14-07-2005 14:17
Website  
Pages:  1 2   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window