FORUUM

Vacuum Music Foruum / Let's talk about the good old days :)
You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » Let's talk about the good old days :) Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3
Satellite
that's me in the corner
I'm aware that this was discussed here before, and not only here, and not once. And may YWLILUTT-only fans generously forgive me, but I am somewhat tired of discussion of the new album (as well as sexual preferences of the band), so I thought: Why don't we talk about songs from the early albums?

Please note: this is NOT a competition of any sort. And to avoid fights between some too much extreme Vacuumists, my humble request is: please don't start comparing old stuff and new. I propose absolutely free talk. Free from personal insults and self-promotion.

Why don't we put it something like this: Which songs we like and dislike and why; What kind of feelings certain songs bring; and just anything else you want to add! Anything related to the subject is accepted. Any ideas you have regarding any songs or albums. Any concepts for videos or paintings or whatever occupies your mind!... I want us to share our thoughts and, I believe, it can help us get into the music of Vacuum a little bit deeper. Perhaps, we'll discover some interesting and unexpected visions of songs, which might even make us hear them completely differently?...

Well, something like this.

So stand up and speak out :)

Last edited by Satellite (20-08-2005 16:50)

20-08-2005 15:11
Antonio
Ulysses Vacuumist
That's good idea... My favourite song is Starting... It has big sense and it's also simple... Plus great voice&music... I like this song most of all... I mean most of old Mattias' songs... But just a little bit more... All his song are the best as I think...

20-08-2005 15:21
Satellite
that's me in the corner
I guess it takes a bit of more thorough listening to refine a list of favorites. When someone says something like "all songs are the best", it seems to me, they should be literally identical! Well, I don't think Vacuum is the case. Every song is original and unique. So, IMHO, it is natural that some songs we like a lot, and some we do less. Some songs become really dear and close to our hearts, while other could be harder to even understand.

This is, of course, only my point of view.

20-08-2005 15:31
Antonio
Ulysses Vacuumist
Why? I like different songs... But I like Vacuum' songs most of all and I did not mean that they are the same! Of course all of them are unique!

Last edited by Antonio (20-08-2005 15:46)

20-08-2005 15:38
The God
Vacuumiracle

Satellite wrote:

I guess it takes a bit of more thorough listening to refine a list of favorites. When someone says something like "all songs are the best", it seems to me, they should be literally identical

maybe... but from the other hand the definition can be absolutely correct when all the songs differ much from the mainstream...

If you’re looking for a justice - Cuff my hands

21-08-2005 15:57

The Terminator
Sacred Vacuumist
I like all of songs from Seance At The Chabeol because it is my favorite album of Vacuum and very conceptual work. And about the most favourite song from repertoir of a band in general.... it different on a different time interval. Now it is Atlas Shrugged, it simply a masterpiece both under the text and on music and on a vocal

22-08-2005 03:57

Veta
EV/OLUTIONER
I liked Satellite’s idea of discussing the old stuff too. So, my favourite songs for 22.08.2005 would be “Tears Of A Nation”, “MMM”, “LTMCTM”, “Prusia”, “Chant Like A Mantra”, “Shine And Rise Olimpia”...Oops, seems that I can’t stop enumerate the titles! All Vacuum songs are unique; every song has its own deep meaning/story. For exaple, songs “Icaros”, “LTMCTM” and “I Breathe” inspired me to write novels, “SWTSE” – a large poem. Every song contains a lot of information, where words and notes are the code for understanding.

22-08-2005 08:33

Veta
EV/OLUTIONER
Masha, these novels have been published at vacuum-music.com site looong time ago in Russian. "Icaros" is a comic story about one young man whose father made wings for him. The main idea is that every one is FREE no matter which circumstances he might suffers. "LTMCTM" is a fantasy story about Mattias's adventures in the Atlantida's times (the 4th Human Race). The main idea is that we live in the world of Illusion and only heroes (like Mattias) can find the Truth. Well, "I Breathe" and a poem about Egypt Queen is going to be published at Evolution site in the nearest future I hope.
  And I've got a question from my side as well, if You, people, have ever been inspired by Vacuum music for creative things like romans (Power!), poems, stories and so on.
  And for example, for songs "SWTSE" and "Ripples" I wrote other lyrics (at this site been published too).

So, Vacuum seems to be a great Inspiration in our lives!

22-08-2005 11:11

Veta
EV/OLUTIONER
Ofcause I know about your poems at this site, Masha! I like them very much, they're beautiful and so touching! Looking forward to more of your poems!

23-08-2005 03:05

Satellite
that's me in the corner

Masha wrote:

What about you Satellite, which are your favourite old songs and what kind of feelings or visions do they bring to you ?

Well, my favorite album still remains TPC. I always thought its highlights were Science Of The Sacred, RASO, Illuminati, Prussia, Atlas Shrugged and CTTHG. It's not that I dislike other songs, but two songs deserve separate mention. I never seemed to understand Sign On The Skyline. Either its meaning is to complex for me to understand, or there's none at all (I tend to the latter). And I recently realized that I've been overlooking I Breathe for a long time. Against the background of very strong album it looked to me, so to speak, a little blurry. But I see now that it's just a pop song, so I left it out of my black list :)

SATC, for me, is somewhat a turn to commerciality, an attempt to sound more up-to date and, possibly, to broaden the limits of Vacuum's audience. Saying this I don't mean it is something bad. I really think it's ok and it's even good, because if the band sounded the same all the time, it would eventually end up being boring. I'm glad that I never found Vacuum boring. :)

Talking about impressions I get from Vacuum's music, I don't write poems and novels. But I do make music. So I guess I can say all the inspiration I get, all the ideas find their way out through my music.

24-08-2005 15:51
The Terminator
Sacred Vacuumist

Masha wrote:

And  I think that maybe Ulysses belongs more to TPC instead of SATC …

Well, it seems to me too, because TPC and SATC recorded during one time

26-08-2005 05:16

The Terminator
Sacred Vacuumist

Masha wrote:

is that also Mattias’s voice singing the beginning of Satyricon?

Yes, of course, it is voice of him :cool:

26-08-2005 05:18

The Terminator
Sacred Vacuumist
Yes, I hear it at the concert

26-08-2005 09:42

Marina
Shining Vacuumist

The Terminator wrote:

Masha wrote:

is that also Mattias’s voice singing the beginning of Satyricon?

Yes, of course, it is voice of him :cool:

Really??  :blink:   I like it!  :biggrin:

27-08-2005 02:30

Satellite
that's me in the corner

Masha wrote:

Oh, yes, does anyone know, is that also Mattias's voice singing the beginning of Satyricon? It sounds a lot different than Mattias's voice to me There is nothing written about backing vocals for this song in the booklet, so I guess that would mean it's all Mattias's voice but is it ?

There are no credits for backing vocals because there are none. It's not Mattias. That sample is taken from some library I don't know which exactly. It could be "Voices of Africa", the one they took the sample for Queen from...
The sample also appears on the album of Wes Madiko "Chants And Dances of Native Americans" (something like Deep Forest) and I remember I also noticed it in one of the sample songs included in Reason 3 music production software. By the way, on one of those tracks it is stretched to fit the song's tempo and there is some additional different singing.
Speaking of singing it live, I don't remember this for sure, but there's a chance of Mattias simply singing along to it, or maybe doing it on his own... Ask him! :)

Masha wrote:

And  I think that maybe Ulysses belongs more to TPC instead of SATC

I understand why you feel that way. But I think it's right that it ended up on SATC. I guess otherwise TPC would have been a sort of overloaded with powerful songs. There were Science Of The Sacred, Illuminati and Prussia. So Ulysses would have be too much, I guess...

Last edited by Satellite (28-08-2005 17:23)

28-08-2005 13:36
Pages:  1 2 3   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window