FORUUM

Vacuum Music Foruum / Picture sleeve of the new single...
You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » Picture sleeve of the new single... Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Hi Everyone... if you visit the link in the main pages to CDON.com you will see that the picture sleeve of the new vacuum singls Fools can be seen there... a very brooding, sinister photo Of mattias with simple artwork to not detract from the power of the image.....  I love it... so post your view of the sleeve here :lovevac:

David x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

17-02-2004 14:17

Marina
Shining Vacuumist

But something in it is!

18-02-2004 08:19

Marina
Shining Vacuumist

Probably Mattias represents the person who narrates about this history, therefore so is dressed to not draw attention to itself :holms:
:paint: :paint: :paint: :paint: :paint:

18-02-2004 08:31

Bagira
Dead Vacuumist
Wow... Never gonna tell anything until I see it in a larger format...  :silent:

Because I'm through with love

18-02-2004 13:42
Website  
ÊÀÑß
High Vacuumist
Hey, people! It's only YOUR powerfull imagination!!!! As for me, Mr Lindblom reminds here an orthodox monk and it's rather difficult to anderstand that it's VACUUM's CD... or maybe I haven't art sense.... Anyway I was waiting for more.

18-02-2004 15:20

Andrea
High Vacuumist
:lovevac:

Hi, I´m back again; David and Svetlana wrote so nice, that I must stay here in the forum.

At first: Today it´s Mattias´ birthday so let´s say all together:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU - and that all your dreams will come true!!!  :colpac:

Now the answer to David´s question: Fortunately it´s not difficult for me to buy the Vacuum-CD´s. "The Plutonium Cathedral" I got from WOM (world of music) and "Culuture of night" I got from CDON. The singles "I breathe" and "tonnes of attraction" are in order this time from e-bay.
The new album I could order from CDON too but it should be released in Germany. Very good!
But a concert they given´t in England too till now, right? Which Vacuum-albums are released in England?

I wish all members of the forum a nice day!!!

:baloon:

19-02-2004 02:50

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Great to see you posting here again Andrea.....  unfortunately it is impossible to buy Vacuum product in any normal record stores here as nothing has been released n the UK..I hope that will change soon... But the best place in the UK to buy Vacuum product is eil.com   although they dont have very much and I have to import all my vacuum cds from online  stores like Skivhugget... :angry:

David
x

19-02-2004 04:44

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
It is of no doubt that Martina Hoogland-Ivanow has made her another great photograph!

Since I haven't yet listened to the single, I probably make a mistake but I really suppose that this photo with an awful hat on Mattias' head is more suitable for Jay Kay from Jamiroquai than for Vacuum.
Mattias is on the way from the image of eccentric long-hair blond to the one of depressed vagrant.
It is his decision, of course, but I personally liked his previous image more than the present one.

24-02-2004 15:51

Bagira
Dead Vacuumist
Aniv, hail you! Yeah, the previous image was better anyway.
...Somewhere in a very deep dark corner there's Mattias, sitting alone. You can see neither his face, nor the expression on it, and you are not even sure, whether this is Mattias at all. Who has turned off the light?  :lamp:  :pessimist:
Matti-i-ias, stop being Jamiroquai! To be frank, it does not suit You.  :biggrin:  :hmm:

26-02-2004 09:36
Website  
Brute
Gillespie
Mattias is able to choose any style that he wants, and he need no advise.

(C)Silent Hill

26-02-2004 13:54
Bagira
Dead Vacuumist
to Brute: well, let him say it himself.  :biggrin:

26-02-2004 16:39
Website  
Shadow
:wall:
Whatever whoever like or dislike, whatever anyone says about anyone’s image, I like this sleeve as for mentioned single. It’s great! Laconic and full of meaning! That same laconic is my comment.

Marianna

p.s. BTW, he reminds rather Ville Valo than Jamiroquai ;-) and I see nothing awful in such image. Anyway, everyone is free with own choice :-)

Last edited by Shadow (01-03-2004 20:19)

:whistle: I will talk and Hollywood will listen :tongue:  [RW]

01-03-2004 20:18

oLya
Extreme Vacuumist
Wonder why some of you people judge about the sleeve from this tiny imagine? See it in bigger format first, then you'll understand that Mattias does not look like Jamiroquai at all (esp. in the striped Hugo Boss suit he is wearing in it). I personally think that this foto shows the mood of the forthcoming album 100%. Serious, dark and beautiful.

02-03-2004 05:45

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
I couldn't agree more Olya... at first glance the sleeve just looks like a standard photo.. but it also hints at something darker and has a sinister edge to it... mattias looks fantastic in the photo.. its broody and enigmatic and after hearing other tracks from the album the sleeve totaly makes sense..

David x

02-03-2004 06:01

Shadow

oLya wrote:

Wonder why some of you people judge about the sleeve from this tiny imagine? See it in bigger format first, then you'll understand that Mattias does not look like Jamiroquai at all

:wall:
I personally judge about the sleeve viewing it in large size on this site (section dedicated to Vacuum singles). And underline that I see  no similarity to Jamuroquai in image on the sleeve.
Btw, even if someone detects any similatity I don’t think it’s abusive comparison since mentioned musicians do excellent music and videos. Anyway, I see on the sleeve image exactly Mattias and won’t compare him to anybody ;-)

And… David, don’t you want to agree with my statement concerning laconicism and meaningfulness? ;-)
Actually, I can’t agree with you that at first it looks like a standard photo :-) From the very first glance it shows very especial mood. Trivial photo usually shows the object itself clearly and you feel nothing. And here the photo shows lots of emotions and reflections, induces your own emotions and reflections :-)

Yours Marianna
(Excuse me for step aside from laconicism ;-))

Last edited by Shadow (02-03-2004 12:54)

:whistle: I will talk and Hollywood will listen :tongue:  [RW]

02-03-2004 12:51

Pages:  1 2   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window