FORUUM

Vacuum Music Foruum / Your whole life HAS been leading up to THIS
You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » Your whole life HAS been leading up to THIS Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3 4
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Hey Anniv just wait till you hear the lyrics from the new songs..... lots of words and very intimate and interesting lyrics for you to enjoy and you will never want to hear another Vacuum cover version or an old vacuum song... you will be more interested in what the future holds for vacuum..its always interesting to hear cover versions but maybe these are the type of songs that should be b.sides or bonus tracks...I think we should all look on this new material as a re-birth of vacuum and this is what we should expect from the future and understand what vacuum 2004 ARE..all about... yes the old songs were/are great but the songwriting has matured and as an artist and storyteller Mattias has grown and moved on... its not healthy to always look back, sometimes its better to look to the future, For me personaly Vacuum now have a new identity stamped firmly with Mattias's influences and songwriting....Believe me..Mattias is now firmly at the helm of the good ship Vacuum...lets hope the journy is long and rewarding for us all..

David x

and dear Brute.. I hope that you are now finisehd with visits to the doctor

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

06-03-2004 18:27

Shadow
I’m not going to dispute against the opinion that we all are interested in own Vacuum songs first of all. Either am not arguing that all the songs you’ve already heard, David, are so bright that we’ll probably forget all the covers… You’ve heard them and you have a ground for such statements.
But… Aniv is right that “What Kind Of Fool” was done by Mattias extrmely excellent, frankly and touchingly… So it’s really sad that we have no chance to find it on any album or just the single as b-side. I personally would love to.
And sure it’s right point to look ahead… But I don’t think it’s forbidden to look back just sometimes :-) There are many good and important things behind…

Either I can’t agree with Brute (how good mutual understanding we have, but we are different persons and see some things differently). I don’t think that it’s right to say that categorically about covers and should Vacuum make covers or not in future. If they consider any song as desirable and suitable thing for Vacuum why not?…
Yes, covers are just covers… But at the same time they are not exactly just covers. Making a cover musicians put into this work their own hearts and talents. And the cover becomes their own song. So, you shouldn’t deny the covers to be done :-) And I see no shame in doing covers sometimes.

Yours as always :-)

p.s.Aniv, let's avoid abusive mentions about doctors. It sounds rude and not in place here.
     And thank you for kind congratulations :-)

Last edited by Shadow (06-03-2004 21:16)

:whistle: I will talk and Hollywood will listen :tongue:  [RW]

06-03-2004 21:07

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
Shadow, thank you for support!

Brute, sorry for my rudeness

07-03-2004 02:53

Brute
Gillespie
2David
I sent you e-mail but I didn’t receive an answer… should I send it again? Or you’re busy a bit?
I’m out of the hospital, for few weeks…

About covers… I’m not saying that covers which were made by Mattias aren’t good, they’re perfect and much better than originals. BUT those covers in compare with the NEW V/ACUUM’s songs are just covers. IMHO, V/acuum shouldn’t focus on covers to produce. I don’t want to hear form some kind of the cheapest Radio DJ smthng like that : “Vacuum is releasing new album, actually, they were not enough for their own album so they place a covers there… “    I want to take pride in my favorite band today…. and tomorrow!

Apologize accepted.

Last edited by Brute (07-03-2004 09:03)

(C)Silent Hill

07-03-2004 03:22
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Hurrah I am so happy that we are all adult enough to have different opinions and NOT fight about it.... that is healthy discussion and of course we are all different..thats the idea of a forum to all discuss our different views.... I think here although we sometimes have different opinions its great that we dont have the fighting and insults that a lot of forums disintegrate into.. lets make this forum a GREAT tribute to vacuum and Vacuum fans also...  It was lovely to hear you apologise to Brute Aniv as I guess you meant no offence and didn't know that he was being treated at the hospital...  I hope we can forever agree to disagree about some things and  make Nika proud of this... the BEST vacuum forum in the world...lets grow and spread the word..

Sorry Brute I was at my parents house for 2 days..I'll reply to your e.mail soon..

david x

07-03-2004 05:18

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
LOL..always when i finish a mail I forget to say something....  I agree Shadow.. I dont think covers are a bad thing... but a lot of radio programmers are just not interested in playing cover versions... they see them as an easy option and it would be terrible if vacuum became famous for a cover version when they have such incredbible songs of their own.. maybe it would be a great project in the future after vacuum have established themselves for their own style to maybe make an album of covers.. as a seperate project... It would be interesting to hear Mattias's interpretation of other peoples songs..   also I think I didn't explain myself too well with regard to vacuums past... of course they are great songs and its not bad to listen to them still and look back... but what I am trying to say is that THIS album is what Vacuum are about.. the other albums were influenced by people other than mattias... this work is Mattias and Anders baby.. so this IS vacuum now and if anybody ever questioned Mattias's ability to sail this ship alone... fear not.. he is now fully in command of Vacuum and I guess my point was if you dont get THESE new songs then you don't get Mattias... and this album although not erasing the past firmly draws a line under it..

david x

07-03-2004 05:26

Shadow

Brute wrote:

IMHO, V/acuum shouldn’t focus on covers to produce. I don’t want to hear form some kind of the cheapest Radio DJ smthng like that : “Vacuum is releasing new album, actually, they were not enough for their own album so they place a covers there…“ I want to take pride in my favorite band today…. and tomorrow!

Dear Brute, we all have already a lot of grounds to take pride in our favorite band. In the past, today and I’m sure in future. No matter what any radio DJ would say. We don’t need looking back to their blabbing :colpac:
Neither Vacuum needs it… Please, don’t take dj’s broadcasted blabbing at its face value (íå ïðèíèìàé çà ÷èñòóþ ìîíåòó èõ ýôèðíóþ áîëòîâíþ). They have such kind of job (djs I mean) – they have to make that blabbing on the air.

Nukleopatra wrote:

it would be terrible if vacuum became famous for a cover version when they have such incredbible songs of their own

I don’t think we should have such fears, David. How many covers would Vacuum do anytime, I’m sure they will be famous due to their own songs first of all. Your reviews of new songs, which you’ve already heard, convince me totally :-)

Nukleopatra wrote:

maybe it would be a great project in the future after vacuum have established themselves for their own style to maybe make an album of covers.. as a seperate project... It would be interesting to hear Mattias's interpretation of other peoples songs

:-)Yes! It would be a great project sometime if they do it. First of all I’d like to hear one AOL song, which would sound magic with Mattias’ voice. (I’m not an AOL fan as you know (maybe), but some songs of them I like.) And the best of heard by me I find “The Day The Gods Help Us All”. There is nice music and very good lyrics. And all the time I thought that with Mattias’ voice this song would sound powerful. It would be great if he once decided to sing it :-)

Nukleopatra wrote:

so this IS vacuum now and if anybody ever questioned Mattias's ability to sail this ship alone

I never had any doubts concerning this point :-) and firmly believed in his abilities. Sure as well as all people who gathered here (I guess):-)

Sincerely yours,
Marianna

Last edited by Shadow (07-03-2004 18:04)

:whistle: I will talk and Hollywood will listen :tongue:  [RW]

07-03-2004 18:00

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
If Vacuum is a great band (and it is so) they can place some covers to their album without any hesitation and nobody will say "they were not enough for their own album so they place a covers there".

For example, after three albums finnish band Nightwish released EP Over The Hills And Far Away containing only four songs. And nobody could tell that Tuomas Holopainen had lost his creativity in spite of the title song being a cover of Gary Moore.

Last edited by Aniv (07-03-2004 23:26)

07-03-2004 23:18

DesRes
High Vacuumist

These covers that are being spoken about, does anyone have copies of them on cd-r?

I've only heard What Kind Of Fool on the dvd from Stockholm Pride a few years back and I unfortunately cannot download music (as I'm using the pc in my work  :rolleyes:  ).

Oh and one more thing (for now), I am truly getting excited  :claps:  :claps:  :claps:  (moist even  :tongue:  ) about the new Vacuum music...David, you certainly have a way with words  :lol:  and I cannot wait for Vauum 2004 music to be released.  :lovevac:  :lovevac:  :lovevac:

Luv and best wishes to you guys out there who have been in and out of hospitals etc   :heart:  I wish you all a speedy recovery  :heart:  :heart:

Des x

08-03-2004 05:57

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
We can compare Vacuum's version of What Kind of Fool with the midi based on the original version. They are completely different.

Midi is here: http://anassong.narod.ru/wkof.mid

13-03-2004 16:11

Àëåêñ
Mr. Belarus
À "Starting were the story ended", íàäåþñü, áóäåò â àëüáîìå? Êòî çíàåò?

21-03-2004 11:39
E-mail | Website  
Bagira
Dead Vacuumist
David, one remark. THIS album is what Mattias is about. It is Mattias, who holds on to the new style, it is him, who won't be able to exist if he doesn't write new music and sing. This is just what HE needs at this very moment. We can't but accept it, fans can't but help him to get through his rough times. As to myself, I do get his music, though I could never imagine that I'll hear such kind of words from him. Let's admit it, Mattias always was that calm.  :guilty:
Anyway, it's not VACUUM anymore and... I really do not know if that's good or bad... I simply let things happen the way they do. And do hope that 'sometimes soon they will change'. No comebacks, it all hurts too much.

Because I'm through with love

25-03-2004 16:05
Website  
oLya
Extreme Vacuumist
Just heard the new version of "Your Whole Life Is Leading Up To This"...   :good: The music is sooo much like old "Vacuum" I think. You people simply must like it...! :wub: :music:

25-03-2004 17:35

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
I agree Olya.. I have also now heard the new version of Your Whole life.. the vocals are still great but the whole backing track has now changed and instead of being an accoustic piece its MUCH more electronic and as Mattias says.. MORE vacuum.... you cant fail to LOVE this new version..

Davidx

26-03-2004 13:56

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
Nuk, Olya what did you mean under "new version".
Had you heard another version previously?

26-03-2004 14:16

Pages:  1 2 3 4   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window