You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » Fools... the video Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Hello my friends

Today Mattias sent me a copy of th finished single... the finished sleeve perfectly reflecting the mood of the song. as well as Folls like me and Queen the cd also has the Video for Fools.....  The video was made by art students and not a proffesional team so its great that Mattias is encouraging new talent and letting their work be seen.  For me the simple atmospheric video perfectly captures the mood of the single and enhances the song  rather than detract from it as some videos tend to do... For me the project is smooth and seamless... song and video melting together perfectly...   I cant say more as I really dont want to spoil it for people and the release is soon now so not long to wait. Vacuum are a love affaire that will last forever...

david xx

:heart:

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

04-03-2004 14:05

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
SSC have placed a broken link to Fools Like Me video

The real URL is:

http://www.subspace.se/videos/vacuum/Va ... ike_me.mpg

09-03-2004 13:32

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
I have just downloaded the video.

I just have no words to describe what I feel.

J U S T   P E R F E C T  ! ! !

Perfect song, perfect video. They supplement each other very well.

09-03-2004 15:33

Y/ARIK
EV/OLUTIONER

Hello, everybody!!! You know it's great that the video was made by art students and that Mattias is encouraging new talent and letting their work be seen, but I think Vacuum won't make such brilliant videoworks as has been doing before. And it's a pity!!! :(
David, don't you know will Vacuum give a performance in The UK? I live in Kiev, but I fear I'll miss their concert in Ukraine during my staying in England for 6 monthes. :(
P.S.: Thanks David and Aniv for information.

09-03-2004 16:33

Shadow
I tried several times to see the video on Subspace, but all my attempts were unsuccessful. Sorry, but I can't see the video.

:whistle: I will talk and Hollywood will listen :tongue:  [RW]

09-03-2004 21:06

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
I am sure Vacuum will go on to make great videos again.... That is why we all need to support the single and future releases by buying them... this generates income for the record comapny who can then in turn invest in larger budgets for Video for future releases.. as these things are very expensive to make...and in my eyes this is just one of the problems of Paracy and bootlegging that I have talked about in another topic here....  This video although not made with a huge budget is very effective though and power to mattias for encouraging fresh and new talent and giving somebody this great opportunity.... as for vacuum playing shows in England I think sadly this is a long way of and not likely to happen for some time..

david x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

10-03-2004 03:54

Àëåêñ
Mr. Belarus
Ïåñíÿ - ñóïåð!!! Ïðàäà, âèäåî òàê ñåáå...Íî âñå ðàâíî - îãðîìíîå ñïàñèáî çà ññûëêó!

10-03-2004 04:32
E-mail | Website  
DesRes
High Vacuumist

I've just gone to the Subspace website and heard the new single Fools and watched the video too.

FANTASTIC, totally unexpected style, but beautiful and I cannot wait for the album now :-)

Des

10-03-2004 10:34

Bagira
Dead Vacuumist
Yeap, the according to my friend's opinion I can say that the Swedish art lives...  :vlogo:
Now go & see the video myself.
Offtop: Ani-iv!  :smile:

Because I'm through with love

10-03-2004 13:24
Website  
Bagira
Dead Vacuumist
Yes, this is the very Mattias, whom I have seen in PLAZA.

Because I'm through with love

11-03-2004 13:42
Website  
Frida
Stranger

The new song seems to be very easy: no symphonic orchestra, no mysterious back-vocal. but it`s something new. I can`t help singing it for the third day: TODAY...THE SUN WILL SET IN EAST!!! :lovevac:

12-03-2004 04:09
Shadow
So, here I am with my humble opinion :-)
First of all I’d like to thank Vacuum and Subspace for placing this Internet preview for admirers. As well thanks to people who found the right link and informed us.
In spite of extremely small screen size of the video file (I understand that it’s just a preview and it couldn’t be larger) I find the video excellent!
I share someone’s words about how perfectly the video and the song fit each other and how great the video supplements the song. I agree with people who think so and can’t say better than them :-)
I just can’t avoid a mention that after viewing the video I began loving the song much more than before (I’ve heard Fools Like Me live on Chaika in Kiev last May and I liked it since then). Now I comprehend it and feel its sense much better. Apparently it’s due to a very felicitous visual sequence where’s nothing unnecessary and the poetical hero is performed as true as it’s just possible.
I agree with people who consider this video as very stylish. It was an apt idea to place Mattias’ image onto that flapping textile and make the image waving with a light breeze. And restrained stingy background landscapes are also very suitable and stylish, in my humble opinion. So meaningful looks the final visual sequence with the flame
So, it’s really perfect video of really new Vacuum. And I hope to find out it much more perfect when I will buy the single (where the video is promised to be) since I hope to see it in full-screen mode then.

Impatiently waiting for the single and album releaze,
Yours Marianna

Last edited by Shadow (12-03-2004 22:20)

12-03-2004 22:20

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
Shadow, don’t you think it was wrong to put here your full description of the video? Some people who haven’t yet seen the video can be influenced by your post. :unsure: I suppose it would be better to hush up :silent: the “flapping textile” and “background landscapes”. But it is only my “humble opinion”.  :wink:

Why are you unable see the video in full screen mode now? What player do you use? :bigeyes:

13-03-2004 03:11

Shadow

Aniv wrote:

Shadow, don’t you think it was wrong to put here your full description of the video? I suppose it would be better to hush up  the “flapping textile” and “background landscapes”.

I totally disagree with you, Aniv.
First, I didn’t put here neither the entire description of the video, nor my complete impression of it.
Second, it hardly would be interesting for anyone to read this topic and to be involved into discussion in case if I just join your epithet “Perfect!” and say nothing from my own. I guess the topic (and maybe FORUUM itself) would reach a deadlock in case if we obey someone’s sign like this - :silent: - in innocent discussions. 
Third, just a couple of stylistic devices from the video were mentioned to be more understandable and convincing in my statements. And I see no crime here. So more that in the mailing-list called Vacuum-Net (sign it up if you didn’t yet) nobody forbids do discribe anything, which is already published by authors (which is not a commercial secret). And if you read David’s (Haglund) review on Vacuum-Net, you’ll see his remark about mentioned stylistic device.
(Or maybe I’m forbidden while others are allowed?…)
Also screenshots of the video, placed on www.vacuum.org.ua today reveal that same stylistic ways not less than my restrained description.

And one more point of yours I can’t avoid.

Aniv wrote:

Some people who haven’t yet seen the video can be influenced by your post.

So, WHY NOT?!!! What’s wrong with it??? I’d be very glad if my post induced anyone’s interest to the video. And I hope you understand that if our posts will contain only rapturous epithets it hardly will raise true interest to the matter we discuss. To raise interest one should mention just something in essence of the matter. Isn’t it?

And:

Aniv wrote:

Why are you unable see the video in full screen mode now? What player do you use?

I’m able to see it in full-screen with all my players. But since the screen size of the file is small, the video in full-screen mode looks awfully (pixel groups are too visible).

So, that’s it. Just don’t take my long explanations as if I justify myself. I feel no guilt – I’ve done nothing improper or forbidden. This long post is just to explain my points entirely and correctly.

Yours

Last edited by Shadow (13-03-2004 19:03)

13-03-2004 18:46

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
Shadow, thank you for comprehensive explanation of your point of view.
I just wanted to understand you and now I can do it.

14-03-2004 01:52

Pages:  1 2   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window