FORUUM

Vacuum Music Foruum / "It's sad, so sad, it's so sad sad situation" / E. John
You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » "It's sad, so sad, it's so sad sad situation" / E. John Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

x-lady N wrote:

Usually I read here only the posts of Mattias's fans but not really Vacuum's fans - so it seems to me.

You've taken the words out of my mouth - I've just wanted to write the same thing !

15-04-2004 01:07

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
Toaddy!
You don't write here often but when you write it's something special.
Thank you very much for your interesting to read posts!
It's great you could find so good words to explain your point of view, which is the same to view points of many other people here.

Last edited by Aniv (15-04-2004 02:12)

15-04-2004 01:44

Masha
Vacuumist in the Void
to Toaddy :

So, you actually are not fan of old,"cold and logical" Vacuum that was made by" an egoist who doesn't believe in love"  ?

Right ?

Then why do you call yourself Vacuum fan ?  What Vacuum ?  new one ?  then why don't you give it another name if it is sooo diferent from the old one ?

15-04-2004 03:11

x-lady N
High Vacuumist
Toaddy, your post is interesting to read though it too large. I am not a patient person but I've read it all. I see your philosophy and I agree with it, but I think that it too deeply to the new Vacuum, because if "Vacuum is Love" and "It’s not that human feeling of attachment, passion, sexual attraction, what was called love by people, but it’s the All-included Energy" why the last lyrics contain the light pop-words like "baby" and is about love between man and woman? And as to "an egoist who doesn't believe in love" - he made a melodic music and built in clips an unreal colour world of fantasy, bright and magic, and what we can see now? - The dark black-and-white world and less tuneful and harmony music - as to me it's too pessimistic. And where is the "joy from every minute of life"? I found only the pessimism, disappointment and tiredness. May be I am wrong...

15-04-2004 14:56

Bagira
Dead Vacuumist
I just wonder, where have some of you been in 2001-2002? Hm...
Well, at least 'VACUUM' does match its name now: nothing but emptiness remained.  :rip: A tombstone.

Because I'm through with love

15-04-2004 18:10
Website  
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Oh People of Little faith........ if you think Vacuum are dead then why are you here???    I promise you.. vacuum are FAR from Dead... save your obiturie's for another day...  The past is PAST... Vacuum have moved on and so should we..

david x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

15-04-2004 19:31

Shadow

x-lady N wrote:

Usually I read here only the posts of Mattias's fans but not really Vacuum's fans - so it seems to me.
I’m just wondering what indications do you consider when you attribute anyone to one or another caterory? Your classification looks weird IMHO, and doesn’t assist peaceful mutual understanding. I’d prefer to avoid splitting fans up to struggling parties.
:whistle:
And Nuk is right - we should move on as the whole universe does :whistle:

:whistle: I will talk and Hollywood will listen :tongue:  [RW]

15-04-2004 21:10

Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

Shadow wrote:

I’m just wondering what indications do you consider when you attribute anyone to one or another caterory? Your classification looks weird IMHO, and doesn’t assist peaceful mutual understanding. I’d prefer to avoid splitting fans up to struggling parties.
:whistle:
And Nuk is right - we should move on as the whole universe does :whistle:

Real vacuum fans are fans who loved the essence of vacuum music -  not only looking into Mattias.

Mattias fans  now spit on Bard, saying they are glad he left the band, saying this new music is the real one and the old wasn't, trying to explain how the name Vacuum fits better for this new sound and other similar things.

By doing this, Mattias fans only do harm to Mattias image  because I'm sure he doesn't think so. He just wants, when Bard left the band, to continue by himself ( and with Wollbeck, ofcourse). And it is logical that new songs will be different. It will be his expression, not Bard's. But I'm sure he doesn't feel disrespect towards Bard songs which he sang in previous albums.

Real vacuum fans don't feel or show disrespect towards Mattias. They say he was a good vocalist for vacuum music. But they think the change in vacuum music is large , that large that it requires another name. Maybe they ask too much ...

I understand faith in Mattias - when you are somebody's fan , you wish with all your heart that his songs become success - but it doesn't justify you to spit on previous one.

Last edited by Masha (19-04-2004 01:04)

16-04-2004 02:48

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov

nukleopatra wrote:

Oh People of Little faith........ if you think Vacuum are dead then why are you here???

I had asked the same question and was told off by our Administrator (perhaps, not for question itself, but for its rude form).

x-lady N wrote:

he <...> built in clips an unreal colour world of fantasy, bright and magic, and what we can see now?

Are you sure that Bard was director of previous videos? I’m sure he wasn’t.
About pessimism. I should agree with you that there is a lot of pessimism in Vacuum songs but not only in recent ones. Pessimism exists in most songs from the very beginning of Vacuum. On the contrary I would say ‘Fools Like Me’ is an optimistic song since ‘fools like me can change’.

Bagira wrote:

I just wonder, where have some of you been in 2001-2002? Hm...

As for me I was here in Saint Petersburg, Russia :)
Vacuum was in hibernation that time. For me there was nothing to discuss, nothing to wait... And now I’m waiting for revived Vacuum.

Nukleopatra! There was your 100th post. I want to congratulate you with this jubilee!

16-04-2004 03:25

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Thanks Aniv...lol... maybe I just talk TOO much.. but I am happy to be here..

david x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

16-04-2004 05:20

Simargl
ain't
Dear Toaddy.

Toaddy wrote:

God, Universal Mind, Great Breathing, Spiritual schools, Conscious Love, Eternal Divine Energy, etc.

So many strong words... Note, that there are NO SUCH WORDS in neo-Vacuum's lyrics now.
I don't want to reply your looooooooong theory, because if I will try, I will connect ABSOLUTELY UNCONNECTABLE THINGS using a pentheon of words (as you did). I can do that just because of "Words are meaningless and forgetable" (C) DM.
I don't really want to discuss such a stamp-like things as God, Love, Spirit, etc with you, because it is off-topic.

Toaddy wrote:

And only Mattias’s heart loving everyone and forgiving everyone can be a Heart of Vacuum.

Uh-oh. Talking about Christ and God, you have forgotten "Don't make an idol" rule. So bad for such a brilliant apologises-theory of neo-Vacuum being.

Toaddy wrote:

Vacuum has moved with the evolution, and has become more spiritual, sincere, pure and simple.

How can't you understand that there are TOO MANY PEOPLE, who DON'T NEED such evolution at all? Mattias is killing his LAST fans. "Old Vacuum was cold and logical" - Yes, and it had thousands of fans. "New Vacuum is warm, light, high and alive" and has much less fans, can't you see?

Toaddy wrote:

Maybe this will help you to understand what is Vacuum in the reality.

Correct form: "Maybe this will help you to understand my point of view".
Every band is EARNING MONEY using music and idea. THERE'S NO SO-CALLED REALITY. There is AN IDEA.
So old-Vacuum was well-known because of uniqness of idea. And neo-Vacuum is doomed to be forgotten because of its total absence of any uniqness.

16-04-2004 16:25
Website  
x-lady N
High Vacuumist
Shadow, you asked me about my "classification", but Masha forestalled me and I thanks her. I hope you've got a full answer, because I have nothing more to add.

To Aniv: I only tried to tell that I don't like the new shapes of pessimism, which was existed in some vacuum's songs of course.  It's my own perception. May be Fools Like Me seems to you an optimistic, but I was not specially impressed by that song because my first impression was that it's POP. I listen to a Pop-music of course (and with great pleasure), but Vacuum had its own musical style I liked more than new. I shouldn't like that it will be lost or absolutely changed.
And I think I told enough, I hope the discussion is over to me because the discussion can be endless. I think everyone can choose his way - the fans what music to listen and a singer what and how to sing. And everyone will be right.

16-04-2004 16:57

Shadow

Masha wrote:

Real vacuum fans are fans who loved the essence of vacuum music - they were not only looked up into Mattias.
I think everyone who participated in this topic (or even just read it not writing here) everyone can really say that he/she loves exactly the essence of Vacuum music.

Masha wrote:

Mattias fans now spit on Bard, saying they are glad he left the band, saying this new music is the real one and the old wasn't, trying to explain how the name Vacuum fits better for this new sound and other similar things.
I guess they just got heated :winky: sometimes…

Masha wrote:

Real vacuum fans don't feel or show disrespect towards Mattias.
This statement is a moot point somehow…

Simargl wrote:

How can't you understand that there are TOO MANY PEOPLE, who DON'T NEED such evolution at all?
How can’t you understand that how many people would be among them who “don’t need”, it can’t change the matter?
Waters of this river are not that same as it was just a minute ago… And it’s beyond our will…

x-lady N wrote:

…Masha forestalled me and I thanks her. I hope you've got a full answer…
I’ve got the answer, but your classification is not correct. There are many people who love the essence of previous Vacuum music and at the same time don’t blame the so-called neo-Vacuum… Etc… Just understanding that everything changes everywhere everytime…

And one point I must remind you all again. We didn’t listen the finalized promised album. We don’t know what will be all the songs and how will they sound. Even several songs which were mentioned by people who had an opportunity to listen them are not the entire album. Maybe there will be songs, which might become your adorable songs… I don’t know… But you don’t know either. And with this you bring your final verdict in. Is it reasonable?

Yours :varag:

Last edited by Shadow (16-04-2004 21:23)

:whistle: I will talk and Hollywood will listen :tongue:  [RW]

16-04-2004 21:21

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov

Simargl wrote:

"Old Vacuum was cold and logical" - Yes, and it had thousands of fans. "New Vacuum is warm, light, high and alive" and has much less fans, can't you see?

I suppose Vacuum had never have thousands of fans. For Russia it took half a year of radio rotation of Vacuum pop-songs to fill big concert halls with so called fans. And few months after concerts most popular radios stopped the rotation & most 'fans' forgot about Vacuum. So were they real Vacuum fans? I think they weren’t. They said to each other that Vacuum was great, they went to concerts not because of their true love to Vacuum music, but because of great promotional campaign. They were just one-day fans.
Old Vacuum started at the end of ’96 and reached the peak of its popularity two years later. New Vacuum started a month ago... So I suppose nobody here could say whether it be less popular than old Vacuum or not.

x-lady N wrote:

I think everyone can choose his way - the fans what music to listen and a singer what and how to sing.

Brilliant words. It’s a pity that some people here can’t understand this truth.

Last edited by Aniv (17-04-2004 03:06)

17-04-2004 02:55

x-lady N
High Vacuumist
Shadow, if you attentively read my posts - I am out of the discussion and I told that I'm waiting for a new album to listen it with hope that I will like it more than the last single. I am not quite disappointed and I hope that Mattias's old synth will not be lost or completely changed. About changes: "Just understanding that everything changes everywhere everytime..." I think so too, but there is an own musical style of every band, which stay unchanged through the different new tricks (somebody already wrote about it here). I think that the really fans of Vacuum (such as fans of another bands) are the fans not only of the members of the band but are the fans of that musical style, because there are so much different music to choose to listen in present world. Who like the changes of old musical style become the new fans of something new, which have to be different called (like ÊÀÑß already wrote).

17-04-2004 06:51

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window