You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » Greetings from the UK Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Hi everyone,

I've been away from the forum for quite a time but that doesn't mean I'm any less of a vacuum fan than I was before, I've just had a lot going on in my life and have just relocated to a new part of the country but never forget all the great friends I mad eon here... I do look into the forum when I get the chance but as all the postings are almost exclusively in Russian now I find  it hard to join in the conversations... AS I am now back on line I hope to participate more again.... so hugs to all of you that remember me and hope to catch up with you all soon... :lovevac:  :lovevac: David xx

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

29-05-2008 19:13

Àëåêñ
Mr. Belarus
Hi David!

Its nice to see you again here!

30-05-2008 00:23
E-mail | Website  
Masha
Vacuumist in the Void
Hi David ! Nice to see you here again!   :klev:

nukleopatra wrote:

I do look into the forum when I get the chance but as all the postings are almost exclusively in Russian now I find  it hard to join in the conversations...

Me too  :pity:

nukleopatra wrote:

AS I am now back on line I hope to participate more again.... so hugs to all of you that remember me and hope to catch up with you all soon...

Discussion in english ... now then you are back, we are even TWO non-russian speaking fans on this foruum! I think that could be enough to Start where the story ended ...  :winky:   :smile:

Last edited by Masha (30-05-2008 01:34)

30-05-2008 01:25

Milady777
V/IP-agent
Hey 2 all who is finally back!!! Very glad to see some non-Russian speaking fans again! :flower:

2nukleopatra: I will support your efforts to bring some english taste back to this foruum! coz actually, most of the residents know english quite well but they are such lazy @rsez to write in such a way.

Masha: you are not alone! there're definitely at least 4 ppl who are willing to communicate in english at the moment. we just need something else to discuss except saying hi to each other! step by step, or to be precise, word by word and the others will join talks soon!:)

Last edited by Milady777 (30-05-2008 06:29)

30-05-2008 06:29
Website  
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Ok Guys..... lets have some English Threads going... I haven't spoken to Mattias in a while as he is so busy but as always I know that wait for a new album will be worthwhile... Its enough to say that the 2 new tracks are sublime, quite as beautiful and haunting as anything Mattias has written.... and such a joy for such an extraordinary instrument as Mattias's voice to be teamed uop with the equally extraordinary musical instrument of Marcella Detroit's vocals... a marriage made in heaven...

Due to the move I also have been out of touch with people like Nika, The lovely Tolya and all the rest of you that I used to talk to on a regular basis..... as I'm able to spend more time on line at the moment I hope to be able to catch up with you all again.. and lets hope that vacuum soon become a household name throughout the world..

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

David xx

30-05-2008 07:30

Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

Milady777 wrote:

Hey 2 all who is finally back!!! Very glad to see some non-Russian speaking fans again! :flower:

Thanks Milady!  :klev:

Milady777 wrote:

we just need something else to discuss except saying hi to each other! step by step, or to be precise, word by word and the others will join talks soon!:)

Well then   :smile:  ... I already have one big "english speaking" question !   :eat:  I say it's "big" because it's big to me and it is so  because I'm really curious about the answer !  :crazyfun:   :smile:

Here's what is it about: Today I listened to the song from the link provided in the thread "Open My Eyes". And I like it. The style, dynamic ... but I can't understand much from the thread because translators are quite useless ... So, if someone can tell me what's happening with that song, is it released ? ( I understood something like it's gonna be hit, thread was started in 2007. ..) ... and has anyone lyrics of this song?

30-05-2008 07:58

Lafayette
Ulysses Vacuumist
Hi David! I followed topics silently for a long time, so I’m glad to have an opportunity to talk to you now :)

Masha wrote:

So, if someone can tell me what's happening with that song, is it released?

The song wasn’t released and it seems that it won’t be released ever because authors were not satisfied with the result :( The rest of messages are divided opinions. Most people liked it too.

Last edited by Lafayette (30-05-2008 09:50)

30-05-2008 09:46
Website  
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Don't get me started on Open my Eyes....... My god what a stunning song and in my eyes a massive hit song.... It's a song that you just can't stop playing... has a hypnotic quality to it.... one of my fave Vacuum songs ever.... But let's face it Mattias is a perfectionist and we would expect nothing less of him...

So pleased that this post is generating some response.... so come on people TALK to me.... lets spread the word.... Vacuum are here Vacuum are now.... Vacuum are just the BEST band in the whole damn world....

David

x

30-05-2008 15:11

Milady777
V/IP-agent
As for OMY, I love it dearly too! This is such a beautiful rhythmic song with superb chorus and just supercool on the whole! I believe as well it could become a big hit if M wasn't so stubborn and considered its release more thoroughly before putting such a great song on the furthest shelf... I asked him lots of times to reconsider his point of view concerning this song since many people really like it! Besides, so what, it is "a demo"? What does prevent them to complete it to perfection if it's almost ready??? And besides, it was already given away by the radiostation Unost' if you remeber and there's already a mono-version put on the net and downloaded by a bunch of people. So, why not release an official version if there's no more sense to hide the song since it's leaked anyway? The only explanation that comes to my mind in this case is that Mattias, this hater of dancefloor music, personally just doesn't like the song, coz he prefers to philosophize to more melancholic and slow tunes))) Otherwise I just don't see any other reasons not to release some new material...

Last edited by Milady777 (30-05-2008 15:50)

30-05-2008 15:47
Website  
Milady777
V/IP-agent
Btw, people, since most of you had time to check 2 new instrumental singles out, share plz your impressions of each song and tell me, which of them you like most and why? And would you want Vacuum to release a whole album in such a style or not?

30-05-2008 15:58
Website  
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Well I think we all agree that it's a great song but like most great artists there will be so much material that we would think great that will only be for the artists ears and I guess there are many factors when choosing which songs to release.... I don't think Mattias is a dance music hater at all..... Mattias to my knowledge likes a wide style of music and indeed Vacuum are one of the few groups that you cannot categorise in one genre... Maybe Mattias felt that the song would be more suited to another performer and who knows the song may yet surface at some point in the future.... GReat songs are rarely discarded....

Which instrumentals are you talking about Milady.... maybe a poll would be a good idea?

David x

30-05-2008 19:00

Milady777
V/IP-agent

nukleopatra wrote:

Maybe Mattias felt that the song would be more suited to another performer and who knows the song may yet surface at some point in the future.... GReat songs are rarely discarded....

fingers crossed, fingers crossed...

nukleopatra wrote:

Which instrumentals are you talking about Milady.... maybe a poll would be a good idea?

David x

Oh, I meant KBN and MFM. dunno why i called 'em instrumental, probably, coz there's lots of piano in each one=)) So, what d'u feel about them?

31-05-2008 04:29
Website  
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
LOVE both these songs, in fact they are again rapidly becoming two of my all time faves.... I think mattias has a truly unique and spectacular voice and I think songs like this display the beauty of his voice so much better than when behind a barrage of electronica... and Marcella also has a unique voice so the coming together of both performers is a treat indeed to my ears.... and I have to say My friend Misery was my favorite but the more I listen to Know by Now  the more I love it.... the melody is just so hauntingly beautiful... both there songs are so beautifully crafted and written and in my opinion world class... Another great Thing about vacuum is that they have no certain style written in stone..... so to my ears there is no Old and New vacuum it's all just a learning curve and natural progression... It baffles me everyday that Mattias is not a household name all over the world and that there are not piles of vacuum cd's flying of the shelves...but I think to a certain extent you have to pursue commercial success and be so hungry for it and I would like to think that Mattias is driven more by artistic and creative input than business input.... but we can always hope that one day two will collide  because with financial reward comes more opportunity to be creative.....

David x

31-05-2008 05:03

Àëåêñ
Mr. Belarus
I think too that Open My Eyes its most cool and strong that Vacuum made since 2004...and its very strenge to me that they don't want to realise it as a single or simply album song...very strong chorus and "oooo"...I think it' very for the radiohit!

And about two new songs..I love Know By Know...coz mix with voice,Michael's keys and violin so gentle...but I dont like My Friend Misery coz I think the connection of Mattias's high manner of a singing, Marchella's voice(I dont like it at all) and the violin's parties are not so good....

But I think this single is independent as an experiment...and the album will be in another style

Last edited by Àëåêñ (31-05-2008 07:19)

31-05-2008 07:18
E-mail | Website  
Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

Milady777 wrote:

personally just doesn't like the song, coz he prefers to philosophize to more melancholic and slow tunes))) Otherwise I just don't see any other reasons not to release some new material...

I think so too ...

Milady777 wrote:

Btw, people, since most of you had time to check 2 new instrumental singles out, share plz your impressions of each song and tell me, which of them you like most and why? And would you want Vacuum to release a whole album in such a style or not?

Well, personally I don’t like much these two songs. Can’t say really why, maybe too melancholic for my taste, at least in this moment, then again it’s not that I don’t  like melancholic songs … and the meaning of the lyrics aren’t much understandable  to me either  ... for example You could be president of your life - My God  :huh?:  , in this world (reality) with genetically modified food, water and everything else that is imposed to us, I don't see how can that be possible at all  :hmm:

That’s why I would like new album to be more in Open My Eyes style – dynamic, with that kind of his voice –not high, but the album  could also include some calmer songs like Sea Of Silence was for example. Anyway, I’m hoping for album with more dynamic songs, not-high voice – let it be in all its glory and strength!  :holms:  :colpac:

31-05-2008 16:38

Pages:  1 2   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window