FORUUM

Vacuum Music Foruum / Looking forward to the album
You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » Looking forward to the album Topic closed
Author
Message Pages: 1
DesRes
High Vacuumist

Mattias/Anders,

I've just got to say that I am REALLY LOOKING FORWARD to the new album and I know it WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT if Fools../Queen and the samples provided are anything to go by.

Good luck with it all and I wish you every success with this album.
Hopefully you'll be able to move onwards and upwards (maybe even get to the UK) (give me lots of notice :-)  ) hahahaha

Luv and stuff

Des x

05-05-2004 12:30

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Hi Des,

The album will be a stunner..believe me..i know ( wink)... been away most of the week so look ofrward to catching up with you all and anybody i owe private mail to... I will reply this evening... 

david x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

06-05-2004 03:30

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist
Count me into the drooling fanboy mob. :lovevac:

Today, as I write, Vacuum are supposed to record an eagerly awaited duet with one of my favorite singers. The identitty of this singer has to remain a secret for the time being. Originally, this recording was to take place Monday this week, but it was postponed for various reasons. I hope this will be a great song, I have every reason to believe so.

/David H

06-05-2004 05:51

Andrea
High Vacuumist
Hi Vacuum-Fans!

Maybe you remember, that the single "Fools like me" got lost two times on the postway to me. Now the perfect customer service from CDON was shipping me the single a third time!! Three days later I had it!!!! :biggrin:

But unfortunatly I must say, that this both songs are not so captivating to me like the others...I don´t know why but I miss the power in this songs. Mattias´voice is perfect and wonderful like ever but the melody and the rhythm is ordinary (sorry). I thought the new songs would be in style of "Starting where the story ended".
Sure I will buy the new album, but I hope that the other songs have more power like old Vacuum-style!!!

:hmm:

17-05-2004 10:43

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Hi Andrea....

Personaly Fools gets better and better the more you listen to it... but i have to say its NOT representitive of the other songs on the album which are very varied... and some of them THE most powerful vacuum have ever produced...  trust me you will be spellbound and captivated... i know how hard Mattias is working on these songs.. he is putting 100 and 10% into this album.... the more I hear the more entranced I become..

David x

17-05-2004 12:46

al-wizard
Alco-Vacuumized
Hi Andrea, :rolleyes:

So the CDON customer service is not so bad, you've got it finally so my congratulations. But you remind me my story I bought first vacuum tape in 1997 ...  :biggrin:

Everyday I was waiting for 6PM when they rotated "I Breath" on Europe Plus radiostation ... then I met every salesman in many kioskes around the city in radius as many kilometres as I could reach with my car and one day finally I got success 
:bigeyes: I found a tape, it was first and last tape in that kiosk, salesman even wasn't sure what's that and why do I need it ...  :chelust: 
Then I jumped in the car being happy like elephant and played the "I Breath" a thousand times back and forth unless I got seriously tired of this song and only then I found another 11 (or more) songs on this tape... :dad: 
And I can say even more, I realized that "I Breath" is not as good as "Science Of The Sacred" ... then I accidentelly found "Satyricon" and many other songs ...  :bigeyes: Also I realized that every next song I opened was better then previouse one  ... :blink:

I think same thing will happen now ... I personally found a song which I'm waiting for, it's "Your whole life HAS been leading up to THIS", that's personally my mood and so on ... I know I need THIS song today but i'm personally not in the mood of "Queen" at all...
Did you listen to the samples of some more songs from the news page?? I think you'll find a sample of the song you personally need. After getting CD I'm sure we everybody will open other 11 (or more) songs from the CD, I know this from my whole life experience.
How did you hear the vacuum first time? Some radiostations as well??? :holms:

Last edited by al-wizard (17-05-2004 21:57)

17-05-2004 21:51
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
My first experience on hearing vacuum.....

Well I ordered the cd single from a guy In Sweden calld robert velum.. he used to sell lots of AOL material ect and he asked if I had heard this new song... when i said no he sent me a copy and like Al-Wizard... as soon as I heard it for the first time I had the stereo on repeat play constantly all day.... the music was like nothing I had ever heard before.. an ethereal space orchestra, BUT the one thing that really took my attention was the performance of the lead vocalist.. that voice.., again like nothing I had heard before.... I then ordered the Plutonium Cathederal as soon as it became available and as soon as it arrived it was almost like I was in a trance.... the packaging and everything about this new album had something new, something SPECIAL written all over it..... from then on I was hooked.... as to the new album, i am sure everyone of us will have a favourite song and again I have heard another new song that is more different again than anything vacuum have performed before.... leaving NO doubt in my mind that Anders and Mattias are and always have been the talented ( maybe underated and under credited at times?) driving musical force behind Vacuum....

simply.... breathtaking.... :lovevac:

David x

18-05-2004 00:22

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist

nukleopatra wrote:

My first experience on hearing vacuum.....

Oh, I remember mine vividly... I had been an Army of Lovers fan for years, and I was happy to learn that Bard was putting together a new band from a newspaper article. I might have been in contact with Bard at this time and had my homepage, I'm not sure.

But anyway, I remember Radio NRJ having a promotion for "I Breathe", so I set the alarm clock for 07 or something just go get up and listen to the single premier... I taped it and then played it over and over... Hook, line and sink!
:ibreathe:

A few months later, I went to buy the album but was mesmerized in the store because they were playing it over the PA system. First time I ever heard "Parallel Universe".

nukleopatra wrote:

the packaging and everything about this new album had something new, something SPECIAL written all over it.....

It also had a spelling error... at least the first edition of TPC had it... :judge:
Alexander did not like to have his nose rubbed in it...  :winky:
But then again, the Russian version of CoN had typos too...

/David H

18-05-2004 04:55

Andrea
High Vacuumist
Hi David and Alex,

I will hear the single more times (like you suggest David) and then I hope that you are right that I will like the songs more.

The first time I´ve heard a Vacuum-song (I breathe) was on radio last year. It was only a few times, where the song was playing there. I was fascinated from the beginning, but nobody was knowing something about the band. So I went looking trough the internet and I found this homepage. From WOM (world of music) I got the first Vacuum-album TPC. Some weeks later I ordered CON from CDON and both CD´s made me very happy!  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

The search for the third album SATC was very difficult and I had to pay a lot of money for it. There are so many nice songs an this 3 albums, which I hear every day. So I hope, that I (we all) can get the forthcoming album soon!!!

I don´t know if I can look in this forum before my marriage is on friday/saturday), but after the celebrating days I will come back...  :biggrin: :crazyfun: :flower: :claps: :baloon:

Best greetings I send you from Germany!!!!!  :grouphug:

18-05-2004 08:47

DesRes
High Vacuumist

My first Vacuum experience?!!

I only became aware of Vacuum 3/4 years ago (when I got online). Soon after that I was on holiday in Rhodes and I went into a music shop in Rhodes Town and I spent a lot of time looking through the store for any little surprises and lo and behold I found TPC and SATC.  I bought them immediately (even though I hadn't heard them) because of the AOL connection and when I got back to my hotel room I put on TPC and was blown away (or was that my other half :blush:  ).  When Parallel Universe started and that voice came in I couldn't belive my ears.  It was nothing like AOL and nothing like anything else I'd listened to.

I didn't really like the look of the band until CON, but the voice of Mattias and the songs were and are outstanding, although Vacuum 2004 look as if they are going to surpass any previous succeses, from the samples of the new album that we've all heard :winky:

Mattias, keep up the good work, you've certainly progressed and developed :good:  :good:  :good:

Des :lovevac:

18-05-2004 09:00

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
Well, about me…
Unlike most people I have never been a fan of aol. Actually, I have heard only several of its most favourite songs

I listened to I Breathe on radio in July ’98. And immediately realized I had never listened to a voice like that. Later that summer also on radio I heard to Tonnes & Tears of a Nation.
Once returned to Saint-Petersburg I bought a tape with Seance, ran to home and played it…
That time I found two songs that I liked - Tears Of A Nation & Big Ideas Grand Vision. I said myself “Why I bought this album? Was I right?”
But then, having listened to the entire Seance several times a day during several weeks I found the answers. I caught the idea of Vacuum.

And I live with Vacuum for six years now!

I listened to Fools, Queen & samples, so I can’t make my own opinion about the upcoming album. But I hope that Nukleopatra, who used to say this will be the greatest work Vacuum have ever done, is right.

Mattias, Anders keep doing it! Keep writing great songs and making concerts!
Thank God for your inspiration and creativity!

18-05-2004 11:59

Pages: 1   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window