You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » "They Do It"!!! Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3 4
oLya
Extreme Vacuumist
Noone will ever guess who this person is I'm afraid. The thing is that he is VERY talanted, but not so widely known by name, more by the songs he wrote, which are Fantastic. "They Do It" is one of the coolest songs I've ever heard. So be patient, and you won't be disappointed, I promise! :vlogo:

18-06-2004 14:28

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
I also keep guessing.

I have one more surmise:
maybe our "secret guest" is Aaron Sutcliffe (Johan Malmgren)  :blink:

18-06-2004 14:29

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Sory Tolya.... not correct :winky:   but as Olya says... this guy is just SO talented... fantastic somngwriter and GREAT voice also that works like a dream with mattias... I hope they get the chance to do a lot more work together after this... and I still play  They Do it every day.... I just cannot stop listening to it..

david x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

18-06-2004 14:46

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Not long to wait now my friends.....  just when i thought this song couldn't get any better Mattias sends me the final remastered version..... AWESOME... the production is as sharp as a razor and the song has a schizophrenic  yet calming feel all at the same time.... they have made a few changes to the ( The World is round) break in the song which just  adds a touch of mystery to what Mattias is saying.... but THEN..... oh then.... there is also a dance version that is 7 minutes long where everything has been pumped up and sliding synths together with huge slabs of dance beats laid over the top make the song throb and pulse and gives a completely different slant on the song... this mix will also be on the forthcoming cd single so hopefully that will open yet another market and get vacuum played in the clubs... Vacuum 2004 are  going places you never dreamed possible :winky:

David x
:lovevac:

23-06-2004 02:49

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist

nukleopatra wrote:

they have made a few changes to the ( The World is round) break in the song which just  adds a touch of mystery to what Mattias is saying....

Hmm, too bad, I actually liked that part very much. Haven't heard the new mix though, but that break reminded me very much of Sparks (and that is meant to be a compliment).

/David H

23-06-2004 04:25

DesRes
High Vacuumist

The plot thickens!!

23-06-2004 06:05

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
I agree david... I had been runing around all week screaming  The world is round not a square or cirlcle,,, the world is ro o ound.... came as a bit of a shock to hear the new  working of that break.. but its sort of grown on me now... and Sparks are fantastic.... went to see them last week... awesome show.... and 30 years on they are still around and making vital music.....  so who knows what could happen with vacuum :winky:

David x

23-06-2004 06:34

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist

nukleopatra wrote:

The world is round not a square or cirlcle,,, the world is ro o ound.... came as a bit of a shock to hear the new  working of that break.. but its sort of grown on me now...

Just heard the new break and I dont care much for it... It was fine the way it was. What was some nice Sparks-style harmonies is now part robotic voice. It would have been better if it was all robotic instead of mixing human and robotic voices. But that is just my opinion, no better than anyone else's. Still a great song though!!!

Sparks still exist, huh? I just love the album with "When Do I Get To Sing 'My Way'"! Gratuituos violins or something like that, I think.

/David H

23-06-2004 12:27

al-wizard
Alco-Vacuumized
It would be a good idea to put a link to the mp3 with this new break you are discussing :blink: like a small prewiev? 30 seconds ... :huh?:

23-06-2004 13:21
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
:offtopic:   Sparks are still going strong David... they just played 3 sell out concerts in Stockholm at the beautiful Sodra Teatern Theatre and its gonna be released on dvd in September... check out their last album Lil beethovan but if you want me to burn you some Sparks cds or any info mail me and I'll get them in the post to you.. 2 albums since Gratuitous Sax and senseless violins ( GREAT album title)..

Did you get to hear the dance mix david???   as I say I loved that break also and I guess that without the lyrics its harder to make out what they are saying, but still kinda  hypnotic...

David x

23-06-2004 15:21

oLya
Extreme Vacuumist
I've been shaking me buttie a lot to this great dance remix here! Really gets you going... *S* :cool: You agree, Davids? :happy: BTW, Sparks are cool! No doubt.

/O

.oO( a bit sad about "the world is round not a square or circle" part, got used to it! )

23-06-2004 18:20

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Olya :wub:    yep.... the dance mix has been thumping away here all day... like some great clanking mechanical monster burning up the dance floor.... well... my bedroom floor...lol

david x

24-06-2004 00:20

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist

al-wizard wrote:

It would be a good idea to put a link to the mp3 with this new break you are discussing :blink: like a small prewiev? 30 seconds ... :huh?:

I would like to... but I'm afraid Mattias would kill me...  :diebadly: 

Hopefully, Vacuum will feel ready to release a sample or two soon. But it seems that they are too busy right now, with finishing the album -- which will be completed next Wednesday if all goes according to plans. Mattias has the Zeppelin Club gig to deal with first though.

Sorry if you feel that we're taunting you... It was not intentional.
  :flower:

/David H

24-06-2004 03:54

Pages:  1 2 3 4   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window