You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » This site Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
A good question Satelite... but the very reason that this site has to be moderated is because a lot of people can just NOT except that in a world of freedom people have differing views and so they start to fight and insult each other... a by product of freedom but not good to read or for new visitors to the site to read.. if we could all agree to be different and accept our different views without resulting to insults and personal aattacks i guess the site would not have to be moderated in such a way... but after the fighting of the past this can only be a good thing.... maybe there should be an off topis part of the site to discuss personal matters so that visiting vacuum fans dont have to read the in fighting between certain members....  as a great believer in democracy and freedom of speach   I am quite happy to read opinions that differ to my own and even though I may not agree respect the other persons point of view... unforunately not everyone is so even tempered...  But great to see you posting more

Love is all... and ALL is love

david x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

14-07-2004 14:09

Satellite
that's me in the corner
It's good to see you too, David!

I personally have nothing against moderating, but only when it's sober and fair.
Indeed, the idea of starting a new forum specifically for off-topics and so on sounds very interesting. I very much hope that Nika takes it into consideration.

As a matter of fact, the prejudice is a very sad thing to watch for me, especially at a place like this, which I always liked and considered the best Vacuum fan site. I am not that much into fighting, as someone might think, I just always want to have all the i's dotted, to make sure that my point is understood right and clearly and I understand other people right. This is important for me.
I am deeply sorry that sometimes discussion grows into throwing mud at each other. I would really like this site to keep on and I wish Nika strength to deal with attempts to modify her view of things (meaning nobody in particular), because I believe she is able to get things right. I only feel disturbed that sometimes she makes premature decisions or undertakes too extreme measures against the littlest violation of forum rules, being not always fair. But I hope things will straighten out. And may we all live in peace :)

With love.

14-07-2004 14:32
Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov

Satellite wrote:

Why is all this moderating so tendentious?...

The moderating is tendentious, you're right. And it ought to be tendentious. And its trend is to prevent struggle between forumists.
Satellite wrote:

Everytime I post something I have to think whether or not it will be censored...
It is better when person think what to say before saying, isn't it?
And for this site: everybody is free in his talking. But everybody should respect the RULES of discussion.

14-07-2004 14:33

Masha
Vacuumist in the Void

Aniv wrote:

It is better when person think what to say before saying, isn't it?

Yes, it is so, we should try not to be " quick to judge".  Personally, I didn't like the way comments in Singing Fans Show began to look like. Very low ... So, I agree that it was necessary to stop it.

Sometimes, such moderating actions are necessary to make people learn how to behave.

If it was a topic in forum, it could be enough to close it, but  it was comments in question ... the only thing she could do to stop it , was to erase them.

I also think that this forum didn't lose its democratic character because it is allowed to have diferent opinion. But , the only thing that isn't allowed is low, rude fighting ... and so it should be! This is one Vacuum forum, after all.

15-07-2004 01:29

nukleopatra
The Sacred One
I agree masha... just because the fighting and insulting texts are removed doesn't mean that this is no longer a democratic forum...  and soon there will be much to discuss with the forthcoming new single and album

david x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

15-07-2004 05:11

Aniv
Anatoly Ivanov
:good:   Masha, Nuk  :grouphug:

15-07-2004 08:19

Pages:  1 2   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window